Thread: What was up with the shuttles this weekend?

Default What was up with the shuttles this weekend?

I was on the Palm Springs line and every night the driver got lost

Default Re: What was up with the shuttles this weekend?

day one, our driver from Palm Springs lost his way a number of times. 90 mins into the ride, 1/2 the passengers bailed at the rite aid on Monroe (due in no small part to being denied access to the bathroom.

friends on 2 separate occasions had drivers lose their way on the return trip.

Crowds of exhausted people were still getting back to their hotels at 430 in the morning, when they went to the shuttle lines right after 1AM.

wait, are there bathrooms on the shuttles? but we're not allowed to use them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Last year we were allowed to use the restrooms on the shuttles every night. I know this for a fact because I have the bladder of a 5 year old girl and I used the bathroom every night. But we always stay in Palm Desert.

The bathrooms were reportedly "full." The worst bus I was on was during the dust storm. We were on I-10 and the large window behind me flew open. The latch was broken, so I had to sit in a crazy position to hold the window down so it wouldn't fly up. Then the emergency door on the roof kept opening and closing - as it was not secured either. At the first stop light I asked the driver if she could fix the window, and she told me she had to wait until everyone was off the bus. I think the buses need inspectors to look at them. At least I didn't see any school buses like I had seen previous years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Friday night, the driver circled around the hotels at least 3 times, and the British women in front of me weren't too happy about that.
    Saturday night, a girl had to go pee, and since the bathrooms in the bus didn't work or something, she tried to explain to the driver ( asian guy) that she was going to use the bathroom in the hotel and for him to wait for her, and he almost left without her.

There was definitely some weird shit. At one point they told my friend that the first shuttle wasn't going to run until like 1:30 from her hotel -- they're always supposed to start at 11.
    06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, going 2014 weekend 1

I have taken the shuttle since 2011 and something seriously went wrong this year. It goes even beyond the two and a half wait to get on a bus after Friday at the fest. The shuttles in Palm Springs weren't leaving at 11:00. Twice heading to the fest we were told they were going to wait for over 25 minutes for more people to board. I think GV needs to fire Valley Music Travel and find a new partner for 2015.

Damn that sucks. I'm taking the shuttle from Palm Springs and am trying to get to the fest by 1:25pm for GOAT. Gonna be upset if I miss um.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Got in the blue line instead of the green line by accident Friday. Right next to each other, confusing. Was still sitting there in line at 4 AM. What a mess in that blue line.

Will this be fixed for weekend two? Im leaving the green line and i DO NOT want to miss waxahatchee, then again green line isn't too far

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    Damn that sucks. I'm taking the shuttle from Palm Springs and am trying to get to the fest by 1:25pm for GOAT. Gonna be upset if I miss um.
    Since I was on the first Shuttle that day I think I got in around 12:40 on Friday. BTW GOAT were fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Since I was on the first Shuttle that day I think I got in around 12:40 on Friday. BTW GOAT were fantastic.
    What line are you?

Shuttles were fine for us. Tried the shuttles twice. Once from La Quinta and another from Tennis Garden.
    Tennis Garden is the way to go. Non-existent lines and it's a shorter walk once you arrive at the festival grounds.
    Recommend driving to TG if that's an option.

Only issue for us was the dude in front of us hurled 3 times during the drive back. Luckily it was mostly water and no chunks. That was the La Quinta line.

Yellow Line: Walked on all three days to festival between 11:30 and 12:30. 20-25 minute wait going home Friday night (mid Outkast), no line Saturday (mid Muse), no line Sunday (post AF)
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Wow, these shuttle passes are expensive and these stories are bullshit!
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Zero problems with the La Quinta line all weekend thank God. I saw the lines of people for the other lines Friday night and felt sorry for them.

I waited almost an hour to get back on the white line Friday night. Saturday the driver got lost, missed the first stop, and literally circled past hard rock hotel 3 times. Got back at 4:30 am but hell its waaaaay safer than driving back to palm springs after the party and my friends and I made it to our spot A-OK which is what really counts. It seemed to me lines moved fine with the clusterfuck of a crowd after Friday's kinks got ironed out. Weekend two will probably be fine.

The White line was horrible Friday that we have waited more than two hours to get in the bus. We got home at around 3am.

A lot of the drivers there need to get broomsticks removed from their behind and be considerate that a lot of people are sleepy and almost incoherent at night from a day of partying. An audible announcement of where they are at should be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by djbrooksca1 View Post
    I waited almost an hour to get back on the white line Friday night. Saturday the driver got lost, missed the first stop, and literally circled past hard rock hotel 3 times. Got back at 4:30 am but hell its waaaaay safer than driving back to palm springs after the party and my friends and I made it to our spot A-OK which is what really counts. It seemed to me lines moved fine with the clusterfuck of a crowd after Friday's kinks got ironed out. Weekend two will probably be fine.
    you have a great attitude

Friday night i left at 12 am to avoid the Outkast crowd, and even then the line to GET OUT OF THE VENUE, people were being pushed, i saw 5 people complaining to security. then the shuttle bus, we left at around 12:15, got to PS at like 1:30, for a good 25 mile drive.

red line was awesome. i have never had a problem with the indian wells shuttle ever since shuttles began. 10-15 min ride, never get lost, never a wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

First of all, the private shuttle entrance and lack of double security checks was a massive improvement.

HOWEVER, on Friday, we arrived at the Tennis Garden line at 11:00 am exactly just missing the first shuttle. About 30 of us sat on the second shuttle for thirty fucking minutes waiting for 10 more people to dribble in. Saturday, when the shuttle left, two of the overhead bins had been left open causing a huge binder full of paper to fall on my head while a can of air freshner nailed the girl across from me right in the ear. Some of our shuttles were nice while others felt like were going to the state penitentiary...seemed like a random hodgepodge of buses. Our driver on Sunday had no idea where he was going...this was SUNDAY and he was lost leaving the Tennis Gardens asking for directions from every orange vest.

After riding the shuttles and recommending them since 2010, it was obvious that the service level dropped dramatically this year...might use them next year, but I'll kinda be dreading it.
    07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1