Page 1 of 13 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 386

Thread: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

Hybrid View

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Deadmau5 and Skrillex on the main? Also not sure if Pretty Lights is a Sahara act now. Outdoor? Gobi? Love his show but it may bore the zombies.

  3. #3
    Member Porkchop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SD & LB
    Posts
    243

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    YOU GUYS BOTH HAVE THE WORST FUCKING PREDICTIONS/WISHLIST. BAN ALL SHITTY MUSIC FROM SAHARA!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
    YOU GUYS BOTH HAVE THE WORST FUCKING PREDICTIONS/WISHLIST. BAN ALL SHITTY MUSIC FROM SAHARA!
    It's a fucking prediction, you retard. I didn't say that I would like to see it. This is just what I think it's going to be.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie Aurgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,698

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
    YOU GUYS BOTH HAVE THE WORST FUCKING PREDICTIONS/WISHLIST. BAN ALL SHITTY MUSIC FROM SAHARA!
    ^ +1
    Rhythm is a dancer.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    There is a difference between a wishlist and a prediction.

  7. #7
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,439

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Armin van Buuren
    Knife Party
    Gareth Emery
    Skrillex
    Steve Aoki
    Fake Blood (finally...)
    Dillon Francis
    Gesaffelstein
    The Avalanches
    Zomboy
    Rusko
    Alvin Risk
    Mord Fustang
    Dash Berlin
    Carl Cox

    I'd say Underworld too but I have a feeling they wouldn't play the Sahara
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 04-23-2012 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Added Carl Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Armin van Buuren
    Knife Party
    Gareth Emery
    Skrillex
    Steve Aoki
    Fake Blood (finally...)
    Dillon Francis
    Gesaffelstein
    The Avalanches
    Zomboy
    Rusko
    Alvin Risk
    Mord Fustang
    Dash Berlin

    I'd say Underworld too but I have a feeling they wouldn't play the Sahara
    These are all completely plausible. Underworld would be your "Mojave Sunday Token IDM act".

  9. #9
    Member loopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Fake Blood (finally...)
    This would be so much day-dancing fun.

  10. #10
    Member kneuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    This would be so much day-dancing fun.
    Couldnt say it any better

  11. #11

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    The Avalanches...talk about a long overdue second album...

    If AvB is booked, does the Sahara become ASOT 575 or whatever?

  12. #12
    Member Dragonite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    The Avalanches...talk about a long overdue second album...

    If AvB is booked, does the Sahara become ASOT 575 or whatever?
    I think it lands around 600, but I doubt GV would let him get his own trance stage.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    I think it lands around 600, but I doubt GV would let him get his own trance stage.
    the timing matches up so it would be interesting, but i am with you on them not giving him a stage for a night.

  14. #14
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    i'm for ANY act that hasn't played in the last six years...and i'd settle for anything that isn't Dutch or 'Progressive' House.

    i really hope we get a couple trance sets next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    soon to be silverlake
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    EPIC..sahara tent brah....wish i could be under 24 and think the dumbest things are EPIC
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    1,307

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    i'm for ANY act that hasn't played in the last six years...and i'd settle for anything that isn't Dutch or 'Progressive' House.

    i really hope we get a couple trance sets next year.
    I think it's amusing yet sad at the same time how the definition of progressive house has changed over the past few years.

    Sasha, John Digweed, Jimmy van M, Dave Seaman, Slacker, Breeder, Hernan Catttaneo, Nick Warren, and Gat Decor used to be the names to pop up when progressive house came to mind. Now? Fucking Afrojack or Hardwell, when they are anything but.

  17. #17
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,439

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Or Outdoor Theatre closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

  18. #18
    Member kronz420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    palm desert/Pomona
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    If that prediction comes true I say we burn that mother down.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Tricky needs to weigh in. May not be pretty but is it plausible?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Deadmau5
    erik prydz
    fedde le grand
    gareth emery
    sander van doorn
    knife party
    steve aoki
    sidney samson

    above & beyond
    laidback luke
    Benny Benassi
    soulwax
    MSTRKRFT
    gabriel & dresden
    dubfire
    dash berlin

    Armin Van Buren
    Markus Schulz
    Carl Cox
    Chase & Status
    Rusko
    excision

    that would be a stacked sahara. It would be dope if we had ghostland royksopp and cut copy headlining the mohave each night

  21. #21

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    That Nicky Romero dude. Everybody that was on Avicii's dick this time last year is all over this guy. Count it.

  22. #22
    Member ENluv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A whales vagina
    Posts
    2,097

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    That Nicky Romero dude. Everybody that was on Avicii's dick this time last year is all over this guy. Count it.
    Really hate to admit it, but I think you are correct. Generation 303 is blowing up right now in the cheese lovers world, and I assume he is only going to grow in popularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Deadmau5
    erik prydz
    fedde le grand
    gareth emery
    sander van doorn
    knife party
    steve aoki
    sidney samson

    above & beyond
    laidback luke
    Benny Benassi
    soulwax
    MSTRKRFT
    gabriel & dresden
    dubfire
    dash berlin

    Armin Van Buren
    Markus Schulz
    Carl Cox
    Chase & Status
    Rusko
    excision

    that would be a stacked sahara. It would be dope if we had ghostland royksopp and cut copy headlining the mohave each night
    Relatively speaking? Maybe.

    But that list represents essentially more of the same. Tired names ranging from safe and inoffensive to truly god awful. So ... probably a solid prediction.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    Relatively speaking? Maybe.

    But that list represents essentially more of the same. Tired names ranging from safe and inoffensive to truly god awful. So ... probably a solid prediction.
    Ya I mean its a stacked lineup within reason. Anyone thats a fan of edm would approve of this lineup. That said a stacked lineup for me would be

    Prodigy
    The Knife
    Basement Jaxx
    Pendulum
    soulwax
    Apparat
    Danger
    Green Velvet
    Griz

    The Chemical Brothers
    Boyz Noize
    Afrika Bambataa
    Groove Armada
    bassnectar
    Pretty Lights
    digitalism
    EOTO
    Blue Tech

    Underworld
    Royksopp
    Richie Hawtin
    Erik Prydz
    fedde Le Grand
    Chase & Status
    STS9
    big gigantic
    james zabiela

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    I will not make predictions...

    Here is what I would like for electronic / dance acts regardless of stage:

    Underworld
    Basement Jaxx
    Royksopp
    Juno Reactor
    2ManyDJs and / or Soulwax
    Seth Troxler
    Max Cooper
    Jeff Mills
    Mark Farina
    Derrick Carter
    Richie Hawtin
    LTJ Bukem
    Goldie
    Grooverider
    High Contrast
    Roni Size
    Shapeshifter
    Kruder and Dorfmeister


    I'd have zero problem with booking artists like Skrillex and Tiesto if we got a nice undercard.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 04-24-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  26. #26
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    ^ First year that I would actually camp in the Sahara. Got the image in my head of GV pulling out an uninspired Indie and Rock lineup next year only to have it up against one of the better Sahara lineups seen in the past five years...
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I will not make predictions...

    Here is what I would like for electronic / dance acts regardless of stage:

    Underworld
    Basement Jaxx
    Royksopp
    Juno Reactor
    2ManyDJs and / or Soulwax
    Seth Troxler
    Max Cooper
    Jeff Mills
    Mark Farina

    Derrick Carter
    Richie Hawtin
    LTJ Bukem
    Goldie
    Grooverider
    High Contrast
    Roni Size
    Shapeshifter
    Kruder and Dorfmeister


    I'd have zero problem with booking artists like Skrillex and Tiesto if we got a nice undercard.
    I have never heard of the djs/artists in bold but I like the rest of the names on your list, so I'm assuming that I'll like the rest

  28. #28
    old school unknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    5,740

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    I have never heard of the djs/artists in bold but I like the rest of the names on your list, so I'm assuming that I'll like the rest
    You better get on those in bold then.

    It sucks that the reality of what the future holds for the Sahara is every single shitty prediction in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

  29. #29
    Member thedevious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegass
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I will not make predictions...

    Here is what I would like for electronic / dance acts regardless of stage:

    Underworld
    Basement Jaxx
    Royksopp
    Juno Reactor
    2ManyDJs and / or Soulwax
    Seth Troxler
    Max Cooper
    Jeff Mills
    Mark Farina
    Derrick Carter
    Richie Hawtin
    LTJ Bukem
    Goldie
    Grooverider
    High Contrast
    Roni Size
    Shapeshifter
    Kruder and Dorfmeister


    I'd have zero problem with booking artists like Skrillex and Tiesto if we got a nice undercard.
    You're a good person.
    Years Attended:
    99
    06
    07
    08
    10
    12
    13

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Sahara Tent Predictions: 2013

    Obviously my list is unrealistic but I would take even three or four of those names.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Similar Threads

  1. This is the kind of talent I want in the Sahara for 2013
    By Mega man in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
  2. 2011 Sahara Tent Predictions
    By goldfromla in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 1144
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 12:32 PM
  3. Sahara Predictions/Wishes
    By Diggity [B] in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 03:57 PM
  4. Sahara set time predictions?
    By goldfromla in forum Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 03:48 PM
  5. Sahara predictions '09
    By cansei de ser sexme in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 05:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •