Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE CIGARETTE SMOKING???

Default WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE CIGARETTE SMOKING???

Love being with you all at Coachella BUT... what's up with all of the cigarette smoking?
    I WANT A NON-SMOKING SECTION PLEASE!!! AND PEOPLE, I KNOW YOU'RE FLYING HIGH AND HAVING A GREAT TIME BUT PLEASE - IF YOU HAVE TO SMOKE, HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION!!! PLEASE EXHALE YOUR CIG SMOKE ON YOURSELF AND DON'T SPEW YOUR GROSSNESS ALL OVER THE AIR THAT THE REST OF US HAVE TO BREATHE.
    Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.

Smoke containing nicotine is inhaled into the lungs, and the nicotine reaches your brain in just six seconds.
    Thank you!

Default Re: WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE CIGARETTE SMOKING???

Non smoking is back in the rose garden, you can stay there all weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I was surprised I didn't run into more smokers. It was great!

yah, not as much smoke this year.

TRIED HANGING OUT IN THE ROSE GARDEN - UNFORTUNATELY THERE WAS LOTS OF CIG SMOKING GOING ON THERE TOO!!!

Ah man, is the next thing gonna be that people can bring their toy dogs into the polo fields?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Go play in traffic

This is an outdoor music festival, go suck a fuck. If you don't like it, stay home.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

I thought I saw more smoking this year, along with more of those smokers smoking without any regard for people around them, paying attention to neither where they held their lit cigarette nor to where they blew their smoke.

I did see some people that tried to blow smoke up and actually on Saturday there was a lady who had sat down near me who after lighting a cigarette asked if it was bothering me and then moved out of the way, which was incredibly kind. There were also at least a few folks I knew that knew me well enough to know that I am allergic and kept their distance when smoking, for which I am also very grateful.

There are many things about Coachella that I will miss but being around all that cigarette smoke is not one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Agreed on more cigarettes this year. Disgusting!

I don't always smoke, but when I do, I prefer to blow it in your face
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins. These include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.
    Thanks for the information. As a cigarette smoker, I will take this into consideration. I really had NO idea it was an unhealthy habit.

On second thought, fuck off, and go to non-smoking shows at the Greek and such. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kalequeen View Post
    Love being with you all at Coachella BUT... what's up with all of the cigarette smoking?
    I WANT A NON-SMOKING SECTION PLEASE!!! AND PEOPLE, I KNOW YOU'RE FLYING HIGH AND HAVING A GREAT TIME BUT PLEASE - IF YOU HAVE TO SMOKE, HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION!!! PLEASE EXHALE YOUR CIG SMOKE ON YOURSELF AND DON'T SPEW YOUR GROSSNESS ALL OVER THE AIR THAT THE REST OF US HAVE TO BREATHE.

Smoke containing nicotine is inhaled into the lungs, and the nicotine reaches your brain in just six seconds.
    Thank you!
    i have 40% lung function and am on the transplant list for new lungs...and i don't give two fucks about people smoking around me. suck it up. also, that dust you are breathing in out there is far worse for you than any smoke you are around.

/thread

/thread x2

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    i have 40% lung function and am on the transplant list for new lungs...and i don't give two fucks about people smoking around me. suck it up. also, that dust you are breathing in out there is far worse for you than any smoke you are around.
    haha, i love steve.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I thought I saw more smoking this year, along with more of those smokers smoking without any regard for people around them, paying attention to neither where they held their lit cigarette nor to where they blew their smoke.

I did see some people that tried to blow smoke up and actually on Saturday there was a lady who had sat down near me who after lighting a cigarette asked if it was bothering me and then moved out of the way, which was incredibly kind. There were also at least a few folks I knew that knew me well enough to know that I am allergic and kept their distance when smoking, for which I am also very grateful.
    Whoops. I had no idea. I am one of those people that blow their smoke up in the air though.

Aww yeah.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

I can avoid cigarette smoke. It's just the dicks that treat the world like their ashtray that can go get fucked.
    Cig butts all over the ground, especially in the Do Lab.

that part does suck. i made sure the people i was with who smoked threw them in the trash. stuck around after everyone was kicked out one night and it is insane how much cleaning they do. there is an article mentioning how the owner of the fields, mr. haagen, hires 300 or so people for the maintenance crew over the weekend and that if a cig. butt is seen it will be picked up, one found later that was missed, it will be picked up. felt horrible for the older mexican dude i saw that night walking around having to bend over and pick up every piece of trash around him due to lazy people who can't clean up after themselves. i guess the positive is that it gives the guy a job to do to put money in his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Ah man, is the next thing gonna be that people can bring their toy dogs into the polo fields?
    I wish I could attach my Yorkie to a RC car and put some lights on him. He'd be the life of the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Banned

lol @ people complaining about cigs. what do you expect with so many hipsters

that part does suck. i made sure the people i was with who smoked threw them in the trash. stuck around after everyone was kicked out one night and it is insane how much cleaning they do. there is an article mentioning how the owner of the fields, mr. haagen, hires 300 or so people for the maintenance crew over the weekend and that if a cig. butt is seen it will be picked up, one found later that was missed, it will be picked up. felt horrible for the older mexican dude i saw that night walking around having to bend over and pick up every piece of trash around him due to lazy people who can't clean up after themselves. i guess the positive is that it gives the guy a job to do to put money in his pocket.
    Yeah man I felt bad for those people too. It's a shitty job but somebody has to do it. Thankfully those guys have some work.

It is fucking ridiculous how fucking lazy everyone is with their trash, I can never get over that. Yeah I may have forgotten a bottle at the end of the night due to exhaustion or being completely tossed but I try and make up for it by picking up two more that I see on the ground. It's more upsetting to see Goldenvoice's apathy towards a more clean festival, I thought they were going in the right direction with more water refill stations and a more visible water bottle exchange program. Seems like that might have bit just a tad too much into their profits so they reduced everything including the number of spigots per fountain and basically hid the TRASHed exchange in the Terrace area as oppose to the other side of that hedge making it more convenient and visible...fuck this isn't even the right thread to bitch about it's just such a pet peeve of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Thank you!

This was a terrible Jerry Seinfeld impression.

last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

seriously what the hell is wrong with all of you people? Why do you all have to be such bloody pricks to everyone? She's right... there was a shit ton of assholes smoking like 12 ciggs while having a conversation with 10 friends in the middle of a set in a tent. I've said it in tons of other threads, and i'll say it in this one. This festival attracts loser douchebag fuckheads that have no idea what "going to a festival" means. Its about everyone struggling through the heat and the exhaustion together to enjoy amazing acts... i've been to bonnaroo twice and both times never did i notice as much ciggarette smoking in a common area. If your gonna smoke, go smoke by yourself.
    Does anybody feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    This was a terrible Jerry Seinfeld impression.
    Ha, I re-read her post to myself in Jerry's voice and it was kind of funny.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Thank you!

congrats, your thread here doesn't make me want to break my smokes in half and quit right away. so unless you have a medical condition where cigarette smoke renders you incapable of having a good time at this great outdoor festival, then please, keep it to yourself.

oh and i'm a 'polite' smoker who goes to the edges of the tent or the edges of the crowds before i light up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

You're outside who gives fuck. I smoked two packs a day, I really hope I managed to get some in your stupid face.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingsideways View Post
    seriously what the hell is wrong with all of you people? Why do you all have to be such bloody pricks to everyone? She's right... there was a shit ton of assholes smoking like 12 ciggs while having a conversation with 10 friends in the middle of a set in a tent. I've said it in tons of other threads, and i'll say it in this one. This festival attracts loser douchebag fuckheads that have no idea what "going to a festival" means. Its about everyone struggling through the heat and the exhaustion together to enjoy amazing acts... i've been to bonnaroo twice and both times never did i notice as much ciggarette smoking in a common area. If your gonna smoke, go smoke by yourself.

Go back to Bonnaroo.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    You're outside who gives fuck. I smoked two packs a day, I really hope I managed to get some in your stupid face.
    And i hope someone manages to punch you in the dick soon, because you deserve it.

and to the post above that, thats great your a respectful smoker but 95% of the smokers there weren't. Every tent was LITTERED with ciggarette butts. If you can't not see a single show without smoking 12 ciggs, then maybe you shouldn't attend festivals.... or do anything of value at all for that matter.
    Does anybody feel this way?