Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Campsite Thieves

Default Re: Campsite Thieves

petchulli oil?
    im so lost think i do to much psychedelic mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    sorry the neo-hippie counter-culture that goldenvoice successfully sold you on isn't enforced 100% of the time at coachella. maybe we should start having the festival at san quentin so when things are stolen we can point fingers as to exactly why and there will be guards with guns to police the campgrounds.
    it's kinda hard to enforce a neo-hippie counter-culture.

that said, isn't the neo-hippie counter-culture thing to do to acknowledge that shit happens, some people are jerks, and just move on?

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    it's kinda hard to enforce a neo-hippie counter-culture.

that said, isn't the neo-hippie counter-culture thing to do to acknowledge that shit happens, some people are jerks, and just move on?
    apparently it's to bitch when anything remotely out of the expected happens to you. people point to "the spirit" of the festival as counterpoint to things like theft, bros, kids on drugs, the police, etc as though "the spirit" is some kind of deity that protects you from assholes. it doesn't. coachella attracts enough people in 3 days to support a moderately sized town, i'm not sure why people think it's somehow immune to the evils of the rest of the world. i guarantee there is at least one person who attends coachella with the idea of stealing other people's possessions. just like there are people who purposely steal things without having to pay a $300 entrance fee out in the real world.

plan for the worst, expect the best, roll with the punches.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

I personally think if you don't want your expensive important things stolen don't leave them somewhere to be stolen. Kind of like if you dont want your puppy to chew up your shoes dont leave your shoes in your puppies cage. Just a thought.
    Hi I'm Me and you are?

Some jerk stole my last bottle of smart water and I was dying of thirst sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by fetuspiniata View Post
    Some jerk stole my last bottle of smart water and I was dying of thirst sunday!
    If I hadn't of done it, I would have died on Saturday! Thanks, dude!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

It's the way you guys deliver your "advice" that make you sound like total pricks. Replies lacking of empathy and full of condescending remarks. I hope that attitude works out for you in real life...

In 2010 I was with a bunch of first timers who were paranoid of things being stolen. I told them I had never had a problem with thieves. When we came back to camp on Sat. night one of our chairs was missing. My friend was saying " See I told you so! I knew someone would steal something" a few moments later our awesome neighbor came by saying " Hey guys, I borrowed your chair. Here you go" - Still have never had anything stolen and I have had wonderful neighbors every coachella. You have to be smart with your stuff. Also be prepared that with a festival as big as coachella its going to attract some awesome humans, and some not so awesome humans.. and maybe some posing as humans..
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by justTom View Post
    It's the way you guys deliver your "advice" that make you sound like total pricks. Replies lacking of empathy and full of condescending remarks. I hope that attitude works out for you in real life...
    C'mon now, I don't think anything we say could be classified as "advice"

Quote Originally Posted by justTom View Post
    I wouldn't call anything i've said here 'advice'.

That said,

(a) i've never had anything stolen. (well, maybe a backpack one year, as it certainly disappeared, but that might have been me losing it.)
    (b) i basically don't take anything i would mind being stolen. (except for my kindle, which i try to protect).
    (c) i take reasonable precautions because, while i generally trust the crowd, i don't wanna be an obvious mark, either.

in general, it all seems to work out.

a bunch of scary ass bitches!

trakball

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    C'mon now, I don't think anything we say could be classified as "advice"
    dustin da d & b soldja (I think?) had one helluva camping advice thread that served me quite well.

so, thank fuck for some helpful people up in this piece