Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Campsite Thieves

Default Re: Campsite Thieves

People are pretty ignorant to think that nothing will get stolen at a festival that brings in 80,000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by kalequeen View Post
    Wow, you're one of those selfish self-centered pathetic haters!!! I think it stinks that you can't get together with other music lovers and freely enjoy yourself without worrying that some low life scumbag is going to steal your stuff. A lot of people DO care!!! And I'm really pissed off that people were ripped off. Get your priorities straight man!!! Quit blaming the victims. The people who got ripped off aren't stupid - they're beautiful. They believed and trusted in you and everyone else at the festival to do the right thing. I LOVE them for that!!! And I'm so sorry to anyone who was ripped off. Coachella would be so awesome if everyone who attended was as beautiful as the innocent people who were ripped off.
    Oh, thank you for the morning laugh. Best lulz I have had in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I locked all my stuff up in my car everyday. But on Sunday I left my wallet on my cooler for about 20 minutes. I realized I forgot it when I got through security. Went back and it was gone. Wonder if it was the Security Beer Bandits...

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

Wow, you're one of those selfish self-centered pathetic haters!!! I think it stinks that you can't get together with other music lovers and freely enjoy yourself without worrying that some low life scumbag is going to steal your stuff. A lot of people DO care!!! And I'm really pissed off that people were ripped off. Get your priorities straight man!!! Quit blaming the victims. The people who got ripped off aren't stupid - they're beautiful. They believed and trusted in you and everyone else at the festival to do the right thing. I LOVE them for that!!! And I'm so sorry to anyone who was ripped off. Coachella would be so awesome if everyone who attended was as beautiful as the innocent people who were ripped off.

Do you people live in a fucking fantasy land or something? You are going to a festival that has 75,000 other attendees in a desert town on the edge of the inland empire. What you feel it represents doesn't matter. You stick THAT many people in a concentrated area and there will be some bad apples in the mix. This shit happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR. You do what you can to protect yourself and your valuables. If you don't, that's on you. No one is absolving the thieves, but they are also not here for us to pin-point now are they? Are we supposed to start a man-hunt for the perpetrators? Perhaps we can start an internet campaign to find this person's iPhone.

If this person needed to vent, why come to a message board full of people he doesn't know and bitch? No one here truly cares. Not even the people that have been through this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

ITT: hippies have their faith in the goodwill and integrity of los angeles taken advantage of
    Last edited by Desaparecidos; 04-24-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingsideways View Post
    I hope everyone being a dickhead to this poor soul walks into a busy intersection because you don't deserve to enjoy a great festival.
    The only person dumb enough to walk into a busy intersection seems to be the OP, as they're the one who dosen't understand the importance of locking up valuables that you wouldn't want stolen. No sympathy goes out to people who can't think for themselves, hopefully it's a lesson learned and they stop living in this fantasy land they're in.
    Last edited by heyeric; 04-24-2012 at 10:03 AM.

If someone got raped at Coachella and started a thread about it, this board would find a way to blame the victim.

^ no. That happened with stagecoach.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

So I have yet to confirm the story because I haven't talked to all of my friends yet, but one of my friends told me that security tried to jack them. They apparently awoke to security going through all of their shit and they had stolen a pipe and some other stuff. There were 2 of them and 15 of my friends so my friends screamed at them and told them to give them their shit back. The security guards tried bribing them but my friends weren't having it and demanded their stuff back. They got it back eventually but had to scream at the guys for about 10 minutes. My friend described them as Cholo looking type dudes. After hearing something like this it makes me never want to camp again.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    If someone got raped at Coachella and started a thread about it, this board would find a way to blame the victim.
    no no, boardies are very respectful... but between you and I, that bitch was asking for it...

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

Quit blaming the victims. The people who got ripped off aren't stupid - they're beautiful. They believed and trusted in you and everyone else at the festival to do the right thing.
    they were probably just drunk or high or on drugs...or all three and just weren't think about it. you keep believing in humanity, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    So I have yet to confirm the story because I haven't talked to all of my friends yet, but one of my friends told me that security tried to jack them. They apparently awoke to security going through all of their shit and they had stolen a pipe and some other stuff. There were 2 of them and 15 of my friends so my friends screamed at them and told them to give them their shit back. The security guards tried bribing them but my friends weren't having it and demanded their stuff back. They got it back eventually but had to scream at the guys for about 10 minutes. My friend described them as Cholo looking type dudes. After hearing something like this it makes me never want to camp again.
    why doesn't anyone who sees this shit take pictures of the people? or video? find a cop and show them the evidence and get them arrested and removed from the place.

again, everyone in this thread is being a dickhead. Fucking surprising. I hope everyone being a dickhead to this poor soul walks into a busy intersection because you don't deserve to enjoy a great festival.

I was in lot ten as well and i left EVERYTHING out because i've been to numerous festivals and have never had a problem. The day it happens, so be it. You shouldn't have to go to a festival and fear that all your shit is going to be stolen. I blame goldenvoice for throwing a festival that attracts hordes of complete cocksuckers like yourselfs.
    LOL at anyone calling this person a poor soul. Sorry, I am a father of an 8 year old girl and live in an area of my town where a six-year old girl vanished in the middle of the night over the weekend and no one has found a trace of her yet. If you think I am going to feel sorry for some person who left their personal belongings unsecured at a festival with tons of foot traffic nearby, then you're a fucking dimwit.

^^ This may be the dumbest thing you have ever posted.
    I'm not even going to get into why. You're just too unfathomably stupid.

Not really all that dumb. He's simply saying to be more responsible and aware of surroundings in order to avoid trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I wouldn't doubt for a second that bike security were responsible for thefts on the campground. they were absolute scum this year. I never believed people who were all "security stole my weed and I saw them high as fuck later" but after seeing it myself more than once this year, I wouldn't put petty theft past them either. there needs to be some kind of accountability and/or second level of security. i.e. CSC/staffpro shouldn't have the power to remove people's wristbands for smelling weed. they should have to either get a supervisor or an actual cop. because 99/100 raids were not legitimate, they were these skeezy-ass part-time security ex cons stealing as much weed and booze as they could for their day off on either saturday or sunday. by sunday it had stopped.

Well it is good in some ways that the OP posted this thread. Hopefully it makes people more aware and less trusting. Yes, you should be allowed to leave your belongings in your tent/car without fear or theft at a festival. Unfortunately the less moral and honorable in life also know that when 75K people gather in one place it gives the opportunity for theft, especially at a music festival when people let their guard down. The smart thief knows that ipods, phones, wallets are casually left around.

Glastonbury had a real bad problem with thefts from tents at one time. It was a small group of people that was going solely to the festival to steal stuff from tents. All you can do is keep your valuables on you, if you can't stash them somewhere only you know. Finally get a lock for your tent. A dedicated thief can always cut the lock off but more often than not it is a deterrent.

Man... if anyone wants to attend this festival i will tell them to check out this message board first. You all can have your festival. Im telling you right now, you all are by far the shittiest festival goers. Your all pricks. Giant disease infested penises that will eventually be lopped off by a scalpel. I hope your grandma disowns you all.
    Does anybody feel this way?

Go on...

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Is that the green & white one from last year? I rode that a few times to get breakfest
    Yes..it was THE COACHELLA bike. We did have a bike lock and used it but apparently whoever took it had cutters because it was gone, lock and all.

I am sure you are correct in this statement...unfortunately.

Man... if anyone wants to attend this festival i will tell them to check out this message board first. You all can have your festival. Im telling you right now, you all are by far the shittiest festival goers. Your all pricks. Giant disease infested penises that will eventually be lopped off by a scalpel. I hope your grandma disowns you all.
    Shut up. Just shut up. The board members here do not represent the majority of the festival attendees. You are retarded if you seriously think so.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

*You're

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Finally get a lock for your tent. A dedicated thief can always cut the lock off but more often than not it is a deterrent.
    pretty sure they'd just cut the tent instead of having to worry about cutting though some metal.

The internet: It's serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    Yes..it was THE COACHELLA bike. We did have a bike lock and used it but apparently whoever took it had cutters because it was gone, lock and all.
    That sucks. Stealing sucks...

I've never had anything stolen, but i keep all my valuables in my purse ON ME all the time.

Coachella 2012 part deux

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    pretty sure they'd just cut the tent instead of having to worry about cutting though some metal.
    I said it won't stop a dedicated thief, but the choice of one tent easy to zip open and the other locked, I will have a guess most thieves will choose the easier option.

Quote Originally Posted by justaroo View Post
    At around 4:30 a.m. on Saturday in Lot 8, I heard security chasing down some thieves who had been breaking into cars....
    Im a local here and I know for a fact that mostly all thefts are done by either the local security they hire here or random locals that sneak into the parking lots and look for unlocked cars, or even if locked, some of the better thieves who own a slim jim pick the lock of the cars. This year I was told by a friend who was working at the campground's, that he hated what the other younger security gaurds were doing (he's 50 yrs old) which was teaming up in two's in the parking lots and would have one on lookout duty watching for police or festival goers coming down the aisles while they were looking into cars breaking into the ones with valubales.

I've known this for years because some of these people who do this I happen to meet throughout the year through frinds of mine. They brag that they stole so much shit and it makes me so upset. GV and IPD knows what goes on and that is one of the reasons im sure why they stared doing the wristband mile perimeter around the polo grounds, but with 80,000 plus each day and security in cahoots with their local friends who come into parking lot campgrounds something is bound to happen.

So what do I do knowing all this info. After arriving and parking saturday weekend one I leave my 700$ camera right on the drivers seat in plain view for anyone to see, mistake #1. It wasn't until inside the fest that I remembered, but was too fucked up to go back, my second mistake. I just kept hoping that they wouldn't get to my car which I knew I had locked, but I believe I got my locked picked because when I got back sure enough no camera and no i-pod either. It was either opened by slim jim or my key lock control didn't work because I pushed it like 5 times as I was walking away from my car.

Im the dumbass for leaving my valubles in plain sight like that and it was the first time i've done that in the 10 years of attending Coachella and I got jacked.

SO as im sure you all know DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES IN THE CAR THEY CAN BE OPENED EVEN IF LOCKED ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A PRE 2009 MODELED TOYOTA,HONDA,FORD they are so easy to open with the right tool. As for the campgrounds, lock up valubales in your trunk or glove dept or hidden in cabin somewhere these guys that pick locks only do it in the parking lots from what i've heard. The campgrounds are more prone to having your coolers jacked or security scumbags going through your suitcases and what not.
    Last edited by ADGZ662; 04-24-2012 at 11:52 AM.

I raided the shit out of my grandmas house for valuables and art when she died.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    I raided the shit out of my grandmas house for valuables and art when she died.
    Yeah I bet you did.

A death in the family will bring out the worst in family members, to be fair sometimes it can bring out the best. I just distance myself from the family members that act like complete shitheads when someone dies.