Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Campsite Thieves

Angry Campsite Thieves

Anyone else get their possessions taken from them on sunday? I was in lot 10 and some low-lives decided to take my duffle bag with: clothes, Iphone, car keys, sunglasses, and countless other things. I had to spend all of today getting a new car key which costed me 260 dollars. I'm never camping again, and I may never come back to Coachella after years of attendance, because truthfully, I don't want to be within a mile of people like that.

-Thanks for letting me vent.

Default Re: Campsite Thieves

i bet you don't watch the news either...
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

I bet you don't lock personal items of value in your car
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

We lost yet another bike, this year in lot 8 close to the entrance. The darned thing made it through the whole weekend 1, someone rode it sunday night to get ice, but Monday when it was time to load up it was gone:-( It was the one with the Heineken beer coozy too! No more bikes for me if I go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    We lost yet another bike, this year in lot 8 close to the entrance. The darned thing made it through the whole weekend 1, someone rode it sunday night to get ice, but Monday when it was time to load up it was gone:-( It was the one with the Heineken beer coozy too! No more bikes for me if I go back.
    Hear about bike locks?

I bet you guys think you know everything.

We do.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

My car was broken into in 2003. Yet, I somehow don't give a fuck that some fool left his duffle bag filled with hundreds of dollars worth of valuables in a place where others can (obviously) access them easily.

Yes, it sucks to get shit stolen, but no one here feels sorry for your stupidity.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Sorry this happened to you. This happened to my group at Phish 09 (at the Polo Grounds). We narrowed it down to the people selling NO2, but who knows.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

I really don't understand what thieves look for as far as the perfect campsite to jack. I locked my tent every day but my campmates didn't and they had no problem. I have never had a problem at ANY festival. Maybe you are doing it wrong.

Just drive a shitty car, that normally deters most people
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    Is that the green & white one from last year? I rode that a few times to get breakfest
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

A few people actually got arrested i Lot 8 next to our site for breaking into people's cars & taking things from their campsite… They didn't have wristbands, and somehow snuck into to area, so I'm glad to know it isn't festival-goers who are stealing & being d-bags. but yeah, lock your stuff in your car! they tried to check out if we had anything before they got caught, but we locked anything of value up!

Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    A few people actually got arrested i Lot 8 next to our site for breaking into people's cars & taking things from their campsite… They didn't have wristbands, and somehow snuck into to area, so I'm glad to know it isn't festival-goers who are stealing & being d-bags. but yeah, lock your stuff in your car! they tried to check out if we had anything before they got caught, but we locked anything of value up!
    they stopped by 107th & Main and gave us a 36 pack of beer, not kidding at all. We only got a gallon of water "stolen" (unknowingly lost). I locked up the good stuff and we had good neighbors.

Banned

def. lock everything in your car everytime.. \you also have to have neighbors you trust and don't let them see your valuables and when and where you stash them

again, everyone in this thread is being a dickhead. Fucking surprising. I hope everyone being a dickhead to this poor soul walks into a busy intersection because you don't deserve to enjoy a great festival.

I was in lot ten as well and i left EVERYTHING out because i've been to numerous festivals and have never had a problem. The day it happens, so be it. You shouldn't have to go to a festival and fear that all your shit is going to be stolen. I blame goldenvoice for throwing a festival that attracts hordes of complete cocksuckers like yourselfs.
    Does anybody feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Just drive a shitty car, that normally deters most people
    Haha, this.

But honestly, I'm not really bringing anything to coachella valuable besides camping shit, I'm spending most the time in the venue or sleeping..

Some motherfuckers stole some of my camp decorations! Other than that, we didn't have any problems
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingsideways View Post
    again, everyone in this thread is being a dickhead. Fucking surprising. I hope everyone being a dickhead to this poor soul walks into a busy intersection because you don't deserve to enjoy a great festival.

I was in lot ten as well and i left EVERYTHING out because i've been to numerous festivals and have never had a problem. The day it happens, so be it. You shouldn't have to go to a festival and fear that all your shit is going to be stolen. I blame goldenvoice for throwing a festival that attracts hordes of complete cocksuckers like yourselfs.
    Thank you! No one should have to worry about this shit. Why would anyone want to be surrounded by people who would potentially take thing that aren't theirs? I'm just questioning the integrity of my fellow festival-goer/human being.

lesson. protect your valuables

Yes in a perfect world nobody would have to worry about crime. Do you leave your shit unprotected when you aren't at the festival. You surround yourself with people that are willing to rob,cheat, and steal everyday. My group had shit stolen from our site last year. We locked our stuff up this year and nothing was stolen. Congrats to you for realizing there are bad people in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    My car was broken into in 2003. Yet, I somehow don't give a fuck that some fool left his duffle bag filled with hundreds of dollars worth of valuables in a place where others can (obviously) access them easily.

Yes, it sucks to get shit stolen, but no one here feels sorry for your stupidity.
    Wow, you're one of those selfish self-centered pathetic haters!!! I think it stinks that you can't get together with other music lovers and freely enjoy yourself without worrying that some low life scumbag is going to steal your stuff. A lot of people DO care!!! And I'm really pissed off that people were ripped off. Get your priorities straight man!!! Quit blaming the victims. The people who got ripped off aren't stupid - they're beautiful. They believed and trusted in you and everyone else at the festival to do the right thing. I LOVE them for that!!! And I'm so sorry to anyone who was ripped off. Coachella would be so awesome if everyone who attended was as beautiful as the innocent people who were ripped off.

On Monday when we got back to our campsite around 12pm to pick up our car and pack up our small couch, canopy and a couple chairs. Everything from our campsite was gone besides for our truck. Maybe it was because we showed up late to our campsite we were like one of the only cars left in there. But everything we had there was gone besides for our car. No valuables or anything were lost but we are going to need a new canopy and chairs for next year..

You're an asshole and I hope your weiner gets cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by kalequeen View Post
    Wow, you're one of those selfish self-centered pathetic haters!!! I think it stinks that you can't get together with other music lovers and freely enjoy yourself without worrying that some low life scumbag is going to steal your stuff. A lot of people DO care!!! And I'm really pissed off that people were ripped off. Get your priorities straight man!!! Quit blaming the victims. The people who got ripped off aren't stupid - they're beautiful. They believed and trusted in you and everyone else at the festival to do the right thing. I LOVE them for that!!! And I'm so sorry to anyone who was ripped off. Coachella would be so awesome if everyone who attended was as beautiful as the innocent people who were ripped off.
    This is the stupidest post I have ever read.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

This year we were in Lot 8 on 107 S & Main. We had a spot of 7 cars and our space was split by a fire lane so it was decently wide.We caught security guards trying to steal beer from our coolers twice. I was only present for one instance. I was underneath one of our ez-ups on the very edge of our camping group so the security guard thieves couldn't really see me and my one other friend because mostly everyone was in the festival while we were making a pit stop. I confronted the two thieves, they apologized and said it was nothing personal, but thats just how it goes down. True story.

Oh fuck you, it's his fucking fault he got his shit stolen. Guess what? Someone broke into my car Saturday and stole my iPod and a fucking beer coozie. I'm fucking pissed, but that's what happens when you forget to lock your car. Naturally, I blame the thieving fuck for helping himself to my belongings, but the blame starts and ends with me for not being more careful. No need to start whining anonymously over the internet. Dude should have taken better care of his duffel bag just like I should have taken better care of my ipod. Aaaand I probably shouldn't have been slamming cocktails on the drive in, I may have remembered to lock my car. No more ipod for me, *shrug* such is life.
    Last edited by greghead; 04-24-2012 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by welgo800 View Post
    i bet you don't watch the news either...
    Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    I bet you don't lock personal items of value in your car
    We do.

Quote Originally Posted by romanticizer View Post
    I really don't understand what thieves look for as far as the perfect campsite to jack. I locked my tent every day but my campmates didn't and they had no problem. I have never had a problem at ANY festival. Maybe you are doing it wrong.
    Cool guys here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

At around 4:30 a.m. on Saturday in Lot 8, I heard security chasing down some thieves who had been breaking into cars....

Time to grow up hippie. The rest of the world does not care about your white woman first world problems.