Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss the Dumb Zone

Default Re: Let's discuss the Dumb Zone

Quote Originally Posted by redthreat View Post
    if sahara had any legitimacy in the dance world anymore this intro comment would offend me, but alas i could probably care less if sahara was shut down or not because it's utter lack of compelling artists the past two years has prevented me from going.

and, there already is a giant electronic festival, it's called wmc and it's in miami. then there's demf in detroit. then there's the retarded step-child of both, which is lightning in a bottle, but i'm not bothering with that.
    Partly this. I totally moved on (been going to some of the world's best clubs/festivals/shows for my electronic music). Am done with either too lame or too much bros or too much hipsters crowd in US electronic festivals (though once in a while, I still enjoy the whinings/bickerings/lovefests in this board, aaah Coachella memories, ha). I'll die a happy man with 4 Coachellas, 3 UMFs, 1 ATP ... blah blah under my belt .-

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    21+
    fuck that shit

During Calvin Harris Weekend 2 the two guys behind me were dancing like typical fratty douches (the just random moshing into you even though they have plenty of space) This was fine as I was managing to get plenty of elbows into one of the guys side and he started dancing farther away from me. Soon after they noticed Rihanna wasn't coming out as a special guest they immediately stopped dancing, began booing and flipping off Calvin Harris and discussing how awful and horrible it was Rihanna wasn't making a guest appearance.

I can only hope these kids were from a local college and didnt travel any considerable distance to have their "Coachella Experience" ruined when Rihanna didnt appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    Very well said. I agree with all of it.
    i agree, too. this year was my favorite out of my 9 straight.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
    fuck that shit
    how's your dad? still with honeywell?

I had two derp-ish bros roll up right next to me in the front for Pulp, make fun of the scrolling text introducing the band, and then gaze up at Swedish House Mafia's giant disco ball and say "So close.". Then they knew every word to every song that Pulp played. Appearances can deceive.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Josesativa View Post
    popularity is the answer to your question . the line up is also another answer. cheese brings in really dumb mouses. imagine if the line up included no huge cheese pop stars on the radio? the sahara exp. would have been exponentially greater
    cheese brings in really dumb mouses.
    dumb mouses.
    While I agree with the general tenor of this thread, I.E. the brotards and raver kids are annoying as fuck, one should always make sure they know that the plural of mouse is mice, not mouses, before calling other people dumb.

Bravo, Josesativa. Bravo. Everywhere I turn

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I will never embrace it, but I will acknowledge and move on. It was frustrating for me that the element was so hard to avoid. I know I sound like such a curmudgeon at the moment, but I will be back next year.
    Praying for a separation by then.

Jk

Kinda

popularity is the answer to your question . the line up is also another answer. cheese brings in really dumb mouses. imagine if the line up included no huge cheese pop stars on the radio? the sahara exp. would have been exponentially greater
    Mouses

Quote Originally Posted by redthreat View Post
    if sahara had any legitimacy in the dance world anymore this intro comment would offend me, but alas i could probably care less if sahara was shut down or not because it's utter lack of compelling artists the past two years has prevented me from going.

and, there already is a giant electronic festival, it's called wmc and it's in miami. then there's demf in detroit. then there's the retarded step-child of both, which is lightning in a bottle, but i'm not bothering with that.
    LIB has NOTHING to do with what the other two fests you mentioned do.

Thanks for making me fucking triple post you asshat
    You could have called EDC, ULTRA, HARD or anything else the retarded step child of electronic festivals. You'r hurtin

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    While I agree with the general tenor of this thread, I.E. the brotards and raver kids are annoying as fuck, one should always make sure they know that the plural of mouse is mice, not mouses, before calling other people dumb.
    *laugh*

i think in this context, mouses is right. or perhaps mau5es.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    LIB has NOTHING to do with what the other two fests you mentioned do.

Thanks for making me fucking triple post you asshat
    You could have called EDC, ULTRA, HARD or anything else the retarded step child of electronic festivals. You'r hurtin
    you'r
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

Good catch....I obviously tried ....better than youre or your

Yuuuuuurrrrrrr!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    *laugh*

i think in this context, mouses is right. or perhaps mau5es.
    Oh, is it a Deadmau5 reference? I always pronounce that guy's name "Dead Mau Five" because I'm not fluent in the leetspeak that kids these days enjoy. If they're going to intentionally butcher the pluralization of an otherwise perfectly acceptable word they should at least go all the way with it, use the 5 instead of the s, so that people won't get confused.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    Seriously...I agree the Sahara is getting pretty brotastic, but does it really bring you down that much? I'm not a huge EDM connoisseur, but I enjoy hearing some DJs blow shit up from time to time, even if they're on the cheesy side. And even if you're not a fan of the music, you can't deny the fuckin energy in that tent is out of this world. I just love seeing that many people go bonkers, no matter whos playing. Wish the rock bands could get that kind of reaction. Sometimes I'm amazed at how boring people can be during a rockin show.
    Very well put!!!

It's refreshing to know that you old-schoolers are still out there, and have expressed my sentiments much better than I could've myself. I still consider myself mid-school (06 onward), and I was surprised and sad that I hadn't encountered a single person from either weekend who had matched the longevity of my attendance (I guess I am old too). And I completely feel the OP's disappointment, because while the inexplicable popularity of (the blandest) EDM is a reality that we know we have to accept, it is still sad, since the main thing that had sold me on Coachella on Year 1 was the "vibe" that I couldn't put into words. Now literally, everyone, and their mothers (also literally), to whom I mention "Coachella" knows what it is. While it's nice to feel "hip" about being so "hardcore" about Coachella, that's not why I go.

In retrospect, I'm thankful that it was hot as a bastard on Week 2, because I'm just hoping that it's discouraged at least a few of the douchebags from returning next year.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I had the (mis)fortune of sneaking into the Special Guests section (left front row of main stage) following the Santigold back-up dancing opportunity this past Sunday, and while it was unreal to be able to enjoy ATDI's set from the front row without being touched once (whereas I had been fearing for my safety the previous Sunday), it felt completely lame to be surrounded by people who were basically friends of insiders, spent no $ to get in, and really didn't care all that much about being there either. Upon realizing that, my guilt about having snuck in transformed into "damn right I earned my way here after actually paying for both weekends". Life isn't fair sometimes.
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (1&2), 13 (2), 14 (2)
    Lolla 03, 06, 07, 08
    Outside Lands 08, 10, 11, 12
    Nerd Project: www.coacheller.com

I haven't been in the Sahara for 2 years now. It's just not the same. I missed all the folk that normally go for the EDM, Drum and Bass etc. that didn't this year because of the lackluster sahara type acts. I don't want a separate festival. Just no more Deadmaus, Skrillex crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

lol the real dumb zone was that water refill line in the walkway between the terrace and the tent area that dropped u off behind the mojave. come sunday that line was like 50+ people deep (x6 lines i believe) and 100 feet away was the H&M tent where you could refill your water bottles with cold water in an air conditioned tent...we were laughing with the guys working at the bar there all day every time we went back to refill our bottles the line just got longer and longer..unbelievable that people were waiting like 20 min to fill water up when they could have been in and out in a minute or spent that 20 min sitting on a water bed in an air conditioned tent

This is not a new phenomenon, people.

Nor is this thread, you dingbat.

Your cheese must come with extra dumb.

That's not how cheese works, idiot.

I just mentioned Brandon's idea as a possibility. I don't really want to get rid of the Sahara. I actually appreciate it's ability to coral some of the stupidity. I think my concern is more global. I've been to Coachella since it's genesis and I have witnessed the decline of intelligence in it's attendees. Is it just because the numbers have grown so much and the 80/20 rule is becoming more obvious or is the next generation of festival goer simply dumber? Is it the music that is making them dumber? Is it the coddling of their parents and the lack of exposure to genuine consequences? I don't know, but I was really frustrated by it all.
    This was me 3 years ago. It's a process. There is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Coachella
    Stagerape
    Date Fest
    Tamale Fest
    Arts Fest
    Fixed

I don't think this will ever happen. Coachella is about showcasing an eclectic music portfolio. We are essentially suggesting to change Coachella while at the same time expressing our concerns about a changing Coachella...

but deep down I agree with most of you
    Last edited by vogina; 04-16-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

This was me 3 years ago. It's a process. There is hope.
    have you mastered apostrophes yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Don't forget the Carrot Festival

one of the greatest ones of all time
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I get to be the Easter Bunny tonight.