Thread: A Special Day

Default A Special Day

I just wanted to offer a heart felt thank you to Goldenvoice for your thoughtful Handicap service and locations at each stage. My brother in law was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and he said he had always wanted to experience Coachella. We only had one day to visit the event and in truth, given the cancers progression, he could only muster enough energy for a day at most. In 105 degree heat, we only lasted about 5 hours at the festival, but thanks to the ADA team giving us access to the areas next to the stage, and being kind enough to believe our story without any real proof, he was able to sit comfortably and milk as much energy as his body could afford. Needless to say, it made the difference and fulfilled his wish. A very kind thank you!

Default Re: A Special Day

This is great to hear, thanks for sharing with us. It really puts some of the bitching on this board in perspective.

Thats fantastic! lots of love brother, Coachella was happy to have you guys im sure.

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

That's so nice. Hope you got to feel the Coachellove
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

as someone with a lung disease and on the transplant list i am facing my mortality right now, too, and know the magic of coachella. that's why i have been going 9 years straight. sure it is exhausting and not the best place for me physically, but mentally it is better than any drug a doctor can prescribe. sure your brother felt the same. it is a chance to escape, even if for a few hours, all the shit that reality is putting him through.

This is awesome, I hope it was everything he wanted it to be! Much love and good thoughts to you and your family! Also props to GV for coming through on this!

Let your brother-in-law know that Coachella loves him. Thank you for posting such a positive story. I hope he has another magic moment and lives to see another Coachella.

Wishing your family all the best, love, and more love. I'm so happy he was able to experience the magic of this festival.

awesome!

the coastal town that they forgot to close down

happy to read your story, OP. my very best to your friend. i feel a little guilty for complaining about ADA now.

juststeve: i have witnessed what 30% looks like; i hope that your wait is very short and good on ya for not letting anything come between you and an amazing time. i understand what you mean when you say it's healing in itself.

Thank you. This story puts a lot of things in perspective.

best thread I've read.
    best coachella story I've read

Thank you very much for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Best of luck to him
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Thank you for sharing, OP. I am so glad that you guys had such a positive experience. **thread of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

This is such a wonderful story. It fills my heart with joy to know that your brother-in-law was able to have his wish come true.
    Best wishes to him, you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by onehgregory View Post
    I just wanted to offer a heart felt thank you to Goldenvoice for your thoughtful Handicap service and locations at each stage. My brother in law was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and he said he had always wanted to experience Coachella. We only had one day to visit the event and in truth, given the cancers progression, he could only muster enough energy for a day at most. In 105 degree heat, we only lasted about 5 hours at the festival, but thanks to the ADA team giving us access to the areas next to the stage, and being kind enough to believe our story without any real proof, he was able to sit comfortably and milk as much energy as his body could afford. Needless to say, it made the difference and fulfilled his wish. A very kind thank you!
    this is an awesome story. i'm glad your brother-in-law was able to have the experience and get as much of a charge off of it as possible.

This seriously puts it all in perspective. Thanks for sharing your story! The best post on the board. Period. I hope it was all he wanted it to be and more. Much love to you and your family.

Wonderful that his wish was fulfilled.

Good luck to him hope he's there again next year!

great to hear, much love and positive energy to your brother-in-law and your families

Sending lots of positive thoughts and good karma to your brother in law. I've written letters thanking Goldenvoice but i'll share here to. I to have had wonderful experiences in the past with ADA, having been diagnosed with cirrhosis 11 years ago i've gone through many stages of the disease starting with decompensated, now my liver function is stable to say the least and i am doing somewhat well. Back to ADA, as they have always gone out of the way to make sure I am comfortable when I lose my energy at the festival and just need a quiet place to rest. Thanks again.