Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dublin hits Coachella!

Exclamation Dublin hits Coachella!

Story friends,

There are 8 lads from Dublin heading across to this gig, thinking about maybe renting a bus/large camper van (One of the lads has full bus licence! Go on Dublin Bus!). Just an idea, but if there are anybody who would like to jump on the bandwagon, Irish or otherwise, your input would be appreciated. Looking to hear from any groups/people who reckon they are up to some serious festival partying!

Talk to ya,

Kev

Default Re: Dublin hits Coachella!

I'm coming from England. I pretty much don't have a clue how I'm gonna get from the airport to Coachella right now. Might consider this ).

Cheers, Sheri.

aye likewise, wher'd you guys be driving from? What size would bus be? How many of you is there?
    I'd defo be interested but ain't definite yet (need my flights and tickets first...)

Lurker

I'd be interested...let me know what the criac is!!x

Talking Re: Dublin hits Coachella!

Howrya
    just seen the lineup for this tonight
    spamming txt's to the mates now to convince them we need to spend stupid amounts of money to go

All from belfast or there abouts i'll let ya know if i can rally any of them into it
    (rather bloody goto this than oxegen and ep again this year)
    Last edited by w1zard; 01-23-2007 at 10:39 AM.

hey kev, yeah there is a few of us going from dublin too. we went last year too, its really amazing. what we did last year was rent a car at the airport(make sure you have somone over 21, a full license and a credit card) and we drove straight out to the site from the airport. it takes about 4 hrs so its grand. stayed on the campsite then came straight home. its really worth it, but very very different from irish festivals, there isnt really the pisshead mentality so be warned!

me & my mate are gonna head over from east midlands area, might be up for his

weve been ripping it up across british festivals for some time now. thought it was about time the yanks got a taste too!

Lurker

Yep - am definitely thinking about heading over. Have to convince a mate and sort out money, tickets etc. But would be very, very interested in joining the festival bus!

Seems to have ALOT of interest. What airport are you travelling to ? Same as the rest How many people / how big a bus ? Sounds like a fun trip!

Exclamation Re: Dublin hits Coachella!

F*ckin hell, didn't expect this much of a response. Nice one. In response to everyones comments, see below! For anyone who is really serious, my email is
    kevinrispin@gmail.com, same msn.

So far, this is what we are doing!

1. Flying from Dublin to LAX (More than likely)
    2. We have a bus driver(Bren), so i am currently looking into renting a bus. Maybe one about the size of them American school buses, but we could go bigger.
    If numbers are small, possibily 1 or 2 mobile home bus thingys.
    Basically, either a bus for pure transport/ bus for crashing in aswell
    3. Hopefully arriving in LA Tuesday or Wednesday before.
    4. Head to the festival Thursday.
    5. Get pissed constantly untill Monday morning, in a God sent mission to show the Americans how this side of the world does festivals!
    6. Drive back to LA on Monday, return the bus(Hopefully in one piece!)

-------------------------------------
    Just for the record, being the bank holiday weekend over here the week after, me and a few of the lads are going to head to San Diego and Tijuana for a few days, prob fly home from San D. Just in case anyone likes that idea!

If anyone wants to look into any details on this, feel free to give me a dig out.
    I just reckon if we are all spending about 900/600 on this festival, we should really make it something special.

Open to suggestions,
    Cheers
    Kev

story boys

im up for it was just about to start a thread about flying solo cause few of the boys birds wont let them go but id gladly jump in with you lot if thats ok.

Keep me updated

eoinflannery@hotmail.com

yep i think me & my mate will be up for that.

add me

fly to lax drive from there FUCK america up along the way! just my idea.
    Last edited by bingo_caller; 01-22-2009 at 05:19 AM.

we should all camp in the same area to be honest, cos the campsite is not about being up all night going mad. we did it on the friday night last year and woke up with only one tent left around us. quite proud of it actually haha

I hear that dude, campsite is half the craic! The way it is looking, we could all prob take over a large section!

yeah, they give you a number to camp in as you go in the door. its amazing. think i was j11 or something. we will discuss it closer to the date. how is everyone thinking of getting there? im think ing delta, stoping over in atlanta. 44o yo's. niiiiice

english campsites, own!!!

i was readin on here earlier how they go to bed @ 1.

I was like "go to bed" at a festival.... WHAT

nah wait till you get there. it feels right. the sun really, really takes it out of you

Going to bed at one is just not an option dude, i've done plenty of VERY hot festivals, the right amount of water and booze will keep ya tickin as long as you need. It may not be a pisshead mentality, but i honestly don't think thats even going to have a chance of alternating my usual festival self! For the 1000 odd euros i will be spending on getting to the gig, i will have no problem being that annoyingly loud neighbour that keeps people up all night! Its a gig not a family campsite!

right now ATX (that's Austin, TX for you squares)

oi dubs! about renting a bus....you might have a hell of a time parking that thing! By the way you should all think about flying together, say your a group and get a mjor discount on airfare, crap i did from Austin to Newark to shannon to dublin for like 600USD for the x-mas new year holidays.
    You know sometihng else aobut the bus..... i mean.... its friggin LA. The aiport is seriosuly smack in the middle of the city, not out in the middle of nowhere, so i think driving a bus in LA would be quite a challenge. Just rmemebr....RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD! anyways, good luck to y'all and if you see a columbian wearing a dub jersey at the frames...it'll be me
    see kids, Lily Allen is proof, you can go from being a drug dealer in Ibiza, to a musical star, and eventually play at coachella

Quote Originally Posted by joanofarse View Post
    5. Get pissed constantly untill Monday morning, in a God sent mission to show the Americans how this side of the world does festivals!
    I like Coachella because it's not a rowdy shithole like most european festivals.

Ive been to a heap of festivals in Europe, and have never seen a fight and had nothing but a fantastic time. Just because you spend the weekend partying, doesn't mean the word rowdy comes into it anywhere! All smiles dude!

Talking Re: Dublin hits Coachella!

Hey.. We're 2 girls doing a coast to coast trip in the us and theres no chance we are missing the Arctic Monkeys live... We are fond of the Irish ppl (Oxegen2006 rocked) send me an e mail and we'll chat..
    Dana. useless_idana@hotmail.com

Thumbs up Re: Dublin hits Coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by joanofarse View Post
    Going to bed at one is just not an option dude, i've done plenty of VERY hot festivals, the right amount of water and booze will keep ya tickin as long as you need. It may not be a pisshead mentality, but i honestly don't think thats even going to have a chance of alternating my usual festival self! For the 1000 odd euros i will be spending on getting to the gig, i will have no problem being that annoyingly loud neighbour that keeps people up all night! Its a gig not a family campsite!
    here here

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    I like Coachella because it's not a rowdy shithole like most european festivals.
    racist!
    Last edited by bingo_caller; 01-23-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Hey mate,

I'm originally from Scotland but live in Sydney. I went over to Coachella from Australia last year as my job involves covering an event in Vegas just before it.

Bought my ticket in the pre-sale for this year's as work are flying me over again so going to milk it for all it's worth. As I will be going on my own though, it would be good to have a few people to hook up with. I met loads of cool people last year but would be good to have a craic with some Irish lads and get into it.

I've been to all the UK and Aussie festivals and a few others. You guys will have a great time at Coachella. Might be a bit diffucult to drink all day though as the bars are fenced off, so you can't take a beer out to watch a band, which sucks. Apart form that though (and the anal security staff) the set up is great. Don't forget to pack the ambre solaire though - it gets hot as f#ck!

Stu.

Just wanted to throw in this response. Hopefully I can make it this year (I have tix but just found out today I got hired for a new position at work so I have to approve my time off with my new boss). I'll be traveling to Coachella from Pennsylvania if I'm able to go.

However, I spent New Year's Eve in Dublin with my best friend. I had a total blast, and am glad that people from Dublin are making the trip over for Coachella. And yeah, I learned how to do New Year's proper in Dublin, so I welcome you showing me how you guys do a festival.

Hey Dubs, plannin a trip for 3 of us to the gig all the way from Cork. We'll show 'em how things are done alright although i hope none of the oxegen campsite follows us to California. Gettin pissed and havin a sing song is one thing but when i saw peoples tents being set on fire and human crap being flung around (In socks.. not messing) I decided never to go back to oxegen!

Be forewarned, guys. I've done the U.K. festival circuit over the years (Glasto, Reading/Leeds, T in the Park, and V), but have lived in the Indio area for the last ten years and gone to every Coachella. Nothing prepares you for the heat. Think 100+ temperatures for most of the day with very little shade. It takes it out of you in a way you never expect. After a day or two in the sun, a curfew suddenly makes a lot of sense. So be careful out there, yeah?

Yeah Im English too and have also done (Glasto Reading/Leeds Download and Ozzfest) I going to Coachella the heat sounds mental. Id better take it easy on the booze lol

Yeah, Oxegen last year was a disgrace, never heading back to it. I had a savage tent, 10 man, 4 poles snapped due to drunk people falling on it, and two tents beside us burned. All oxegen is now is a scumbag festival