Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sub Focus got cut off!!

Default Re: Sub Focus got cut off!!

Wow that set looked amazing. Sad I missed out. I was a drunken bastard wandering the fields trying to find my group when he threw down. oh well
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Lurker

yeahh....Avicci didnt play till the next day. I think you guys are confusing him with Kaskade.

Your right, he was sunday. just that mainstream edm sound. my bad

Sub Focus's set W2 was the the highlight of the weekend for sure ... and I'm not even a huge D&B fan!

I had seen about 5 mins of his set at EDC last year but with the new Circular LED Panels instead of the 1 big circle with earlier tech ... well I'll just say it made a HUGE difference ... that and the sound was WAY better at Coachella than at EDC. Either that or there was less bleed.

Also I was 5 feet to the right to the guy that OD'd at the end of his set tho. Either a seizure or heart issue or something.

Not sure exactly what happened exactly but they did use CPR & the paddles on the guy ( at which point I had to walk away ... buzz kill for sure ) ... tho I did walk back later to see the guy moving and trying to not get strapped to a stretcher.

I look to my friend and said "To much Sub Focus can KILL YOU"!!

Hopefully he lived and learned his lesson on moderation ... or just not watching crazy LED's if he has Epilepsy!

I'm pretty sure they cut the set due to the medical issue ... sucks tho ... Sub Focus was killing it.
    Last edited by FreshTim123; 05-01-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Lurker

So I did some snooping around and found this from Sub Focus' Facebook page:

"As Nick's manager I can 100% confirm that the stage manager cut the sound during his last tune, because he thought Nick had run over his allocated slot, which was ridiculous given that Nick was the headliner and there was no one to play after him. But to make matters worse, Nick hadn't played beyond his allocated time slot, the stage manager had his times wrong. We have since received a full apology from the festivals production manager."

So Coachella did, indeed, fuck this up.

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kpony View Post
    So I did some snooping around and found this from Sub Focus' Facebook page:

"As Nick's manager I can 100% confirm that the stage manager cut the sound during his last tune, because he thought Nick had run over his allocated slot, which was ridiculous given that Nick was the headliner and there was no one to play after him. But to make matters worse, Nick hadn't played beyond his allocated time slot, the stage manager had his times wrong. We have since received a full apology from the festivals production manager."

So Coachella did, indeed, fuck this up.
    This is unfortunate. My DICK was about to be raved off. Like 95% there. Instead, my dick remained attached for the night.

Lets hope for a sequel next year thus allowing me to RAVE MY DICK OFF

I was there He pulled out the douche bag that fucked everything up!!!! Subfocus was AMAZING!