Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    What frustrates me most about Coachella is conflicts, and going week 2 both allows you to see the webcast as well as hear vicariously which were the best sets. The principal trade-off seems to be hotter weather. Unless they webcast both weekends, support the full show streams on YouTube, or pirates step up their game and capture more of the live streams, Week 2 seems like it has more advantages than Week1.
    The pirates did a pretty good job, honestly, and the rips are still trickling in and probably will be for another two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by core787 View Post
    Oh and for presale, they should allow people who've already bough tickets on presale to have first dibs on them, maybe in a similar order as they purchased before. Then allow everyone else to buy.
    this would actually be a really nice feature.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    if i went weekend 2 i would've missed out on meeting some really great people from on here, so since most boardies will be doing weekend 1 every year, i will too.
    Did I meet you at Goat's campsite Nathan? Or was that Neighborhood? IF it was you, you're not going to remember
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Honestly, I understand the fear of missing out impulse. That, curiosity about how the weekends would compare, and knowing that different friends were only available on different weekends convinced me to go to both.

I really loved being there for coldchella and clonechella, but it was not necessarily the ideal experience. The first time around, I definitely felt less pressure to see little bits of everything. The second weekend turned out to be even lazier knowing that I'd already caught the majority of my must-sees. I had a great time, but the double header made it an entirely different experience from my usual manic/hectic/racing around Coachella. I'm still not sure if I'll be lining up for tickets to both when the pre-sale arrives or just being sure to secure weekend one tickets and waiting for the lineup to decide on the encore.

I went to weekend 2 for my first Coachella and have no complaints. Sure, it was hot as shit, dirt was everywhere, and the same festival occurred the weekend before. None of these things even entered my mind as something to take away from one of the most epic weekends of my life! They helped shape it!

big spoileer for everybody!!!! everybody already knew who was gonna be there like wiz , emeniem , "2pac"
    i just think they shouldve changed up a bit for weekend 2

Quote Originally Posted by core787 View Post
    What they should really do is broadcast weekend 2 and not 1 since that way you don't spoil it for anyone going to weekend 2 and you might work out some kinks with equipment, band setup, etc.
    This would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    The pirates did a pretty good job, honestly, and the rips are still trickling in and probably will be for another two weeks.
    Definitely on the most popular shows. Shows on the Main/Outdoor have pretty good coverage. Still waiting on webcast rips of shows like Dawes, Buzzcocks and House De Racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Did I meet you at Goat's campsite Nathan? Or was that Neighborhood? IF it was you, you're not going to remember
    Lol that was neighborhood...the dude we were pushing around while he jiggled and melted. Hahha

Was nice meeting you man. I was a little out of it to, but I always remember everything and I remember you being chill and your buddy was cool too. You guys should have sat down and chilled but I know how it is with everyone wanting to cover the lots and find out what the year has to offer. Again nice meeting you.

I was upset all of weekend 2 that I wasn't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

I went on weekend 1 and therefore on weekend 2 while I was at work going about my day was having major anxiety know that at that momment Coachella was happening I was missing it. Was wandering if anyone who went both weekends and give a comparision of the crowd.
    Chuck Norris approved this message

The crowd was the exact same. Exact.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    This is how I felt during Weekend 1! The webcasts were killllling me with anticipation for Weekend 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    I really hope that doesn't end up being Tool's only NA show this summer :/

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    The crowd was the exact same. Exact.
    hahahaha. yeah. i will agree with this. i didn't even think about it while on the fields but didn't notice a single change in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Have to agree, i had to turn off my tweets cuz it made me feel like i hadn't even experienced it. It did make me decide that i would do weekend 2 next time. Build up the anticipation the first weekend and live it the second.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

It felt like the crowd was a lot smaller, in a good way. There were only a couple times that I can remember feeling cramped. Anytime I wanted to get up to the rail I could as long as I got to the stage early enough. If it requires Golden Voice two weekends to maintain this kind of relaxed feel, then I'm totally good with the concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

wow, can't believe people are actually complaining it's two weekends...

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Lol that was neighborhood...the dude we were pushing around while he jiggled and melted. Hahha

Was nice meeting you man. I was a little out of it to, but I always remember everything and I remember you being chill and your buddy was cool too. You guys should have sat down and chilled but I know how it is with everyone wanting to cover the lots and find out what the year has to offer. Again nice meeting you.
    Haha fuck he was on a good one that night. It was a pleasure to meet you as well, I wanted to stay at your awesome set up but you put it pretty well, upset I didn't see more of you in the fest but I wasn't at the DoLab too much. Can't wait to meet up at Outsidelands though!

I went wkd 1 and as a local, seeing all the cars and talk about wkd 2 I was itching to go again. My friend that I go with every year wants to go wkd 2 next year. I'm not convinced as to which would be better:
    A. I go wkd1 and have these same feelings next yr about wanting to join in wkd2
    B. I go wkd2 already knowing about surprises/special guests will be there
    meow

The weather was much better weekend 1 for me. Though my friends said the weekend 2 weather made it feel more Coachella. I did notice that security seemed to be a little more dickish weekend 2. I also felt the crowd was better weekend 1.

I went to (and camped) both weekends, with Las Vegas in between, so it was essentially a 12 day party... one of the stupidest ideas I've ever had!

On day 8, which was the Thursday of Weekend 2, I was so completely fried that I crashed by 11pm. I seriously didn't think I was going to make it into the festival. But by morning, I was able to rally with the help of a Coachella Cocktail (Vodka, OJ, Emergen-C, Red Bull, stirred with a glowstick).

Yeah, there were some problems here and there with both weekends, but the bottom line is that they were two of the best weekends of my entire life! I think it's a really well run festival - overall the security was cool, the facilities were fairly well maintained and the technical support (lighting and sound) was exceptional.

I think that due to the weather, the days were better at Weekend 1, but the nights were better at Weekend 2. Weekend 2 also had more art, better sound and more people in costume. But weekend 1 had that overall feeling of excitement and unknown! I was lucky enough to have GREAT neighbors both weekends and for me, the camping experience is equally as enjoyable as the music.

I freaking LOVED every minute of it! I will never attempt the Chella/Vegas sandwich again, but perhaps a trip to the beach would work in between...

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskev View Post
    I went to (and camped) both weekends, with Las Vegas in between, so it was essentially a 12 day party... one of the stupidest ideas I've ever had!

On day 8, which was the Thursday of Weekend 2, I was so completely fried that I crashed by 11pm. I seriously didn't think I was going to make it into the festival. But by morning, I was able to rally with the help of a Coachella Cocktail (Vodka, OJ, Emergen-C, Red Bull, stirred with a glowstick).

Yeah, there were some problems here and there with both weekends, but the bottom line is that they were two of the best weekends of my entire life! I think it's a really well run festival - overall the security was cool, the facilities were fairly well maintained and the technical support (lighting and sound) was exceptional.

I think that due to the weather, the days were better at Weekend 1, but the nights were better at Weekend 2. Weekend 2 also had more art, better sound and more people in costume. But weekend 1 had that overall feeling of excitement and unknown! I was lucky enough to have GREAT neighbors both weekends and for me, the camping experience is equally as enjoyable as the music.

I freaking LOVED every minute of it! I will never attempt the Chella/Vegas sandwich again, but perhaps a trip to the beach would work in between...
    We did San Felipe in between with no partying, only recovering and relaxing on the beach in the agenda. It's a nice sleepy beach town that fit the bill nicely. Also they have some amazingly giant cactus groves down there in the Valley of the Giants. Fun little side trip. IT was a longer drive than I thought though and if I Doublechella again I am thinking Joshua Tree would be nice as I have yet to really explore it.

I have to admit going back for a second weekend was daunting, but by Friday morning we were ready again. Played it chill Thursday evening int he campgrounds and watched that movie they had going on of the DJ/music legends collaborations. Interesting stuff.

This is why next year Coachella Fest will be THREE weeks in a row!

To be serious one weekend was enough for my feet. It was cool to see acts I missed one week like DJ Shadow and others so it all depends on how much music you really like.

Weekend one was different because the festival had NEVER been so cold for even two day none the less three. The first Friday got serious cold at night and it was funny to see people dressed in sweaters and jackets. Weekend two was pretty hot and the crowd acted different.

Stagecoach was mellow during the day but got YAHOOOO crazy at night. I actually heard someone yell, "get em' boy" at the Mane stage during a banjo solo during Alabama's set. Lots more ta ta's at Stagecoach too. Like 3-1 girls to guys I bet...it was heaven.

Going in I was worried about making it through twochellas, but I honestly feel less worn out post Coachellas than I did after just one last year. It was strange though with the weather and having a second chance to see what I'd missed out on first weekend.

Weekend one AKA Coldchella was so strange, but I am sooo glad I treated it as if it were my only Coachella. I basically went 12-1 inside the festival all 3 days and saw as much music as I could. Due to the weather being colder I was able to go apeshit at some midday sets that would have probably sent me to the first aid tent had I waited till second weekend. But I was still able to make certain decsions knowing I would have more time the second weekend. The cold at night though was the worst. Even with layers, it was still pretty cold and by the last hours of the night I would feel every ache and pain in my body from the days exertions. Usually I don't have to deal with that shit till the next morning, so that was different. I was READY to head back to the hotel by the end of the night, when usually I love being in the fest as long as possible.

Weekend two, we camped, it was hot. While less achey, the heat takes it out of you in a whole other way. I had a lot less energy and was more lethargic weekend two. I still managed to see a lot of great stuff, but it was definitely less than what I normally do. Weekend one I did 13-18 bands a day, weekend 2 it was 5-7. That was partly down to the heat and partly because I had been there seen that weekend one. I went in later and spent the earlier afternoons in my car with the a/c on. I originally planned on going full out both weekends to have 2 different coachella experiences and see twice as much music, but with the relentless heat it ended up being a Coachella and a half. But I was still happy to have the oppertunity to see those 5 or so all new acts the second weekend.

All in all I think I would do 2 again, although I think my days as a Coachella camper might be numbered. The hotel was easier in the cold and I am sure it would have been the same in the heat.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskev View Post
    Coachella Cocktail (Vodka, OJ, Emergen-C, Red Bull, stirred with a glowstick).
    Making this my official drink for forever!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    Making this my official drink for forever!
    Yeah - went with the Raspberry Emergen-C - tasty!

PS: Here's a link to a little bit of video I shot: http://youtu.be/OoWCtvDXZ9U

I'm thinking one weekend camping and one weekend in a room is the way to go, but I would still be tempted every night to just get lost in the campgrounds

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The big problem with going back to one weekend is the popularity of the festival. I mean, would anyone really be surprised if both weekends sold out in presale now (Unless they cap presale this year)? I wouldn't. It just sells out quicker each and every year now.

If they went back to one weekend I can't imagine how much of an online clusterfuck presale would be.
    ^^^^^ this

I went to both weekends and it was fucking amazing and if there was a third weekend, I would've gone to that too. Coachella is heaven, every day feels like the best day of my life, always changing, always the same. Each weekend was complete and mind-blowing in its own right, times that by two and yep it was a great ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

This has nothing to do with the thread and everything to do with TheMadeleine's wish list. Trina and Tricky Daddy? Be still my beating heart.