Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 128

Thread: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

  1. #1

    Default So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    So now that both weekends are over (Weekend Oner Here), I think it would be useful to figure out the general opinion of a two weekend Coachella.

    What do you all think of the two weekend system?

    From my friends I've gathered so far that Weekend One was where everyone got to experience the surprises and extravagance of coachella at a much more reasonable temperature (except the first Friday, nips cold). There was a few kinks and things that were missing, almost a trial-run of Coachella for weekend two.

    Weekend two had more art, all the kinks worked out, but all the surprises were ruined (except a few that were changed) and the grounds felt trodden on. The heat was extreme (although this is part of Coachella that I missed), and all the kinks had been worked out, fixing the missed extravagance.

    In my opinion? I'm glad more people can experience Coachella, but this Weekend One/Weekend Two thing is complete bullshit. I felt cheated and that I maybe got 3/4ths of the Coachella experience since I only went one weekend, and it would take going both to get the full experience. It splits the magnificence, extravagance and immensity of Coachella into two. And I'm sure that if I went Weekend 2 instead I would've felt the same way.

    It also brings up this whole 'weekend elitism' about which weekend was better, and it also stops me from sharing my experiences with half my friends since they saw a different show then I did.

    In the end, both weekends had their highlights, both weekends were fucking awesome and people had fun; but I still felt that each weekend didn't have all the effort Coachella usually puts into it's festival. So next year it will be both weekends (somehow), but this year was definitely marked as a disappointment only because it felt like Halfochella.


    - Coachella Goer for 5 Years.

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,366

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    I went to weekend 1. I can only truthfully handle 1 so I will attend the earlier weekend each year if it holds up
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Coachella is not the same festival as before.
    Doing one more consecutive run for the 10th year in a row and then it's up to lineups after that

  4. #4
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,927

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    more people get to experience the magic. who cares if there were minor differences, which for the most part they were? do you hate the show of a band you saw on tour because at the show after yours they played a couple different songs, wore different clothes? if you do, you suck at life. why must everything be compared? all that matters is that YOU had a good time while you were there. if a few little differences ruin your weekend then you are caring too much.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,435

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    more people get to experience the magic. who cares if there were minor differences, which for the most part they were? do you hate the show of a band you saw on tour because at the show after yours they played a couple different songs, wore different clothes? if you do, you suck at life. why must everything be compared? all that matters is that YOU had a good time while you were there. if a few little differences ruin your weekend then you are caring too much.
    pretty much this.

    I'm doing both weekends next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  6. #6

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    2 weekends was some bullshit. I don't think they should have used the first weekend as a "trial run." It's as if, they felt that since they made it two weekends it made it okay for them to fuck up a couple times the first weekend and then smooth things out the following weekend. This was only my second Chella but I thought last year they seemed more prepared than this year. Maybe the weather was partly blame for the fuck ups, but they should've been prepared for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

  7. #7
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by knuthamsun View Post
    In my opinion? I'm glad more people can experience Coachella, but this Weekend One/Weekend Two thing is complete bullshit. I felt cheated and that I maybe got 3/4ths of the Coachella experience since I only went one weekend, and it would take going both to get the full experience.
    So if they revert back to 1 weekend, you'll be able to get the full Coachella experience because there won't be a second weekend during which you would have been able to view more art/catch other acts/etc.?


    Quote Originally Posted by knuthamsun View Post
    It also brings up this whole 'weekend elitism' about which weekend was better, and it also stops me from sharing my experiences with half my friends since they saw a different show then I did.
    As opposed to the elitism of "I bought a ticket and was able to attend". And did you & the friends who went to weekend 1 see all of the same sets together? No? Then you still saw different shows. Happens regardless of whether Coachella is 1 weekend or 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by knuthamsun View Post
    In the end, both weekends had their highlights, both weekends were fucking awesome and people had fun; but I still felt that each weekend didn't have all the effort Coachella usually puts into it's festival. So next year it will be both weekends (somehow), but this year was definitely marked as a disappointment only because it felt like Halfochella.
    "Both weekends were fucking awesome" "but this year was definitely marked as a disappointment." Some of you fucking whiny brats can't be satisfied by anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

  8. #8
    Member flowbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle/Palm Springs
    Posts
    1,321

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?


  9. #9
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,927

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    2 weekends was some bullshit. I don't think they should have used the first weekend as a "trial run." It's as if, they felt that since they made it two weekends it made it okay for them to fuck up a couple times the first weekend and then smooth things out the following weekend. This was only my second Chella but I thought last year they seemed more prepared than this year. Maybe the weather was partly blame for the fuck ups, but they should've been prepared for it.
    what exactly makes you say weekend 1 was a trial run, what did they feel okay fucking up? because some art couldn't be put up due to weather? there were some technical problems with some acts? problems that have nothing to do with it being weekend 1 but with the fact that anytime you are dealing with electricity shit will go wrong? how should they have prepared more for the weather, which cannot accurately be predicted until several days before the show?
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-23-2012 at 10:33 AM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?


  11. #11
    Member Pea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,303

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    ITT: Privileged people who likely complain about everything complaining about everything.

  12. #12
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,416

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I went to weekend 1. I can only truthfully handle 1 so I will attend the earlier weekend each year if it holds up
    I pretty much feel the same way. My initial plan was to do both weekends next year, but I would have to sacrifice attending other festivals and really budget my money for both weekends. If I just do weekend one I can go all out.

  13. #13
    Member romanticizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    White people problems.

  14. #14
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,684

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    2 weekends was some bullshit. I don't think they should have used the first weekend as a "trial run." It's as if, they felt that since they made it two weekends it made it okay for them to fuck up a couple times the first weekend and then smooth things out the following weekend. This was only my second Chella but I thought last year they seemed more prepared than this year. Maybe the weather was partly blame for the fuck ups, but they should've been prepared for it.
    Right, these people intentionally fucked up Justice's set and withheld some art because they figured they could get away with it due to there being a second weekend. All of the past hiccups were completely accidental but because there was a second weekend it was due mainly to laziness and not giving a fuck.

    The two weekend thing at first seemed like bullshit but that's because I wasn't planning on going both weekend, I won't make the same mistake. Party with no regrets on weekend one while trying to catch every must see show, then relax on the fields and enjoy the vibe second weekend next year, ahhhhh yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  15. #15
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by knuthamsun View Post
    I felt cheated and that I maybe got 3/4ths of the Coachella experience since I only went one weekend, and it would take going both to get the full experience. It splits the magnificence, extravagance and immensity of Coachella into two. And I'm sure that if I went Weekend 2 instead I would've felt the same way.

    It also brings up this whole 'weekend elitism' about which weekend was better, and it also stops me from sharing my experiences with half my friends since they saw a different show then I did.

    In the end, both weekends had their highlights, both weekends were fucking awesome and people had fun; but I still felt that each weekend didn't have all the effort Coachella usually puts into it's festival. So next year it will be both weekends (somehow), but this year was definitely marked as a disappointment only because it felt like Halfochella.
    This is some bizarre thinking right here, even by this board's standards. Every single thing you complain about in those paragraphs only exists IN YOUR HEAD. Something is happening and you don't know what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  16. #16
    old school Cheddar's Cousin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    2,680

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    It was crazy how jacked up the grass was for weekend 2 I feel for past and futer Stagecoachers.

    That being said, I would prefer the first weekend next time as long as it's not on my birthday, because I'll be in Big Bear if the slopes are open again.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

  17. #17

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    how bad was the grass?

  18. #18
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,535

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
    how bad was the grass?
    What grass? As a team effort, I'd say both weekends did a fine job of leaving one of the finer dust bowls those fucking cowboys will ever trod their silly boots on!
    Long live the rave tent! Die Hippy Scum.

  19. #19

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post
    I really wanted one of these tee shirts because I felt like a Popsicle on Friday, but they only had a size that would fit a 5 year old boy.

    I loved weekend 1. My only complaint is that they didn't stream the second weekend. Boo.

  20. #20

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    So if they revert back to 1 weekend, you'll be able to get the full Coachella experience because there won't be a second weekend during which you would have been able to view more art/catch other acts/etc.?
    If you read what I said, I mentioned that to get the whole experience I would've had to go both weekends. Because I don't have another 1200$ in spare cash, and can't just get another 4 days off from work, I couldn't go to both weekends. So yes, if they revert back to 1 weekend then I will be able to get the full experience from one weekend. Like the past 4 years I've been and it has been one weekend.


    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post

    As opposed to the elitism of "I bought a ticket and was able to attend". And did you & the friends who went to weekend 1 see all of the same sets together? No? Then you still saw different shows. Happens regardless of whether Coachella is 1 weekend or 2.
    I was saying that I don't like this elitism idea, as both people from both weekends will claim it. Sorry if you didn't understand it that way.

    And as for who went weekend one, yes, we saw the same sets but not together. I would've liked to talk about our shared experience, rather then there different experience from a different show with a different set and different crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post

    "Both weekends were fucking awesome" "but this year was definitely marked as a disappointment." Some of you fucking whiny brats can't be satisfied by anything.
    Because this year I was disappointed that they did two weekends rather then one weekend makes me a whiny brat? I've come to love Coachella over the past 5 years, and this year I was disappointed that they changed something so drastically that altered the entire experience for everyone.

  21. #21
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,927

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    i've been going for 9 years straight and my experience was the same as the other 8 years. had an amazing time for 4 days and will do it again. is your experience ruined when you can't see every show of a band on tour? you make no sense, dude.

  22. #22
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    But that's just it, you idiot. How did having a second weekend alter your experience? If you go watch a movie at 2:00 pm, does the existence of a 5:00 pm showing that you don't attend have any impact on what you saw? No, it just means that people who weren't able to watch the movie at 2:00 were able to watch it at 5:00. Same deal here. If attendance was 80-85k, then there were 75-80k people who got shut out of weekend 1 who were able to experience Coachella anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

  23. #23
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Quote Originally Posted by knuthamsun View Post
    Because this year I was disappointed that they did two weekends rather then one weekend makes me a whiny brat? I've come to love Coachella over the past 5 years, and this year I was disappointed that they changed something so drastically that altered the entire experience for everyone.
    This is the part where the light bulb isn't going on for you.

    The only thing that is disappointing for you is that there was part of it you weren't there for, and that somehow diminishes your experience?

    This was my eighth Coachella, and the fact that there was a Weekend 2 did not alter my Weekend 1 experience one iota. Not one little bit. And it didn't alter yours, either. The only disappointment is the one you have created for yourself in your own brain.

    Seriously dude, you need to see yourself, because yeah, you do come across as sort of whiny with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  24. #24
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,927

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    triple play. you're out

    got the band analogy and movie analogy, if it can't be understood with those then dude is just dumb.

  25. #25
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,943

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    BUT COACHELLA'S MORE SPECIALLER I NEED TO BE THERE FOR ALL OF IT
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

  26. #26
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Orange County, Ca
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    As soon as they fix the porto- potty situation in the car camping areas it wont matter if its 1 or 2 weekends..I am afraid of getting herpes even pissing in them. If that means coming through and cleaning em out even more then o well.....Definately a health hazzzzard!

  27. #27
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,540

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Every time I read a thread like this, I immediately want to google "retard" to find pictures of retards to post. But then I realize I'm at work, and doing a google search for "retard" may not be the best idea. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can google instead of "retard" so I can get some good pictures of retards? Idiot, dumbass, and stupid don't garner the appropriate results.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    20,570

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    So what you're all saying is that having it on 2 separate weekends was a huge success
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

  29. #29
    Member rag and bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    BKN
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    THERE'S ADVANTAGES TO BOTH!

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    20,570

    Default Re: So, Now It's Over, What's Everyones Opinion on Two Coachellas?

    Anything is possible!
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Similar Threads

  1. One Man's Opinion...
    By natelan in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
  2. Thats just like... my opinion, man.
    By HUMPemTHENdumpEM in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
  3. Everyones complaints have missed someone...
    By nmaff in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
  4. WHY SO MUCH OPINION?
    By JOE X in forum Questions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 09:04 AM
  5. need anyones/everyones help...
    By vogina in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 10:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •