Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1184

Thread: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

The fact that you said that Roger Waters was a surprise headliner proves that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about
    http://stereogum.com/7790/coachella_..._awesome/news/

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    The fact that you said that Roger Waters was a surprise headliner proves that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about
    http://stereogum.com/7790/coachella_..._awesome/news/
    Did I say it, or did I ask it? Note... before I asked if he was a surprise headliner, I stated his importance to the festival. Straws. Grasp at them in order to validate your weak point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    lol let's see.... Macca is a Beatle. Beatles are, to this day, bigger than Jesus. Roger Waters is basically responsible for Pink Floyd, a band that EVERY stoner has an album of. Prince is fucking Prince, and that's the way it is. Also.... weren't Prince and Roger Waters surprise headliners? AKA not used to sell tickets or promote the show. Rolling Stones have no American festival clout, and have used the retirement ploy to exhaustion. The Who aren't even the real Who. Sabbath isn't the real Sabbath. Like I said. Tier 2-3 reunion acts. Not even worthy of SURPRISE headliner spot. Your dad being a big fan of The Who doesn't make them marketable in 2013. Sorry, kid.
    Macca was not a real beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    It's funny to hear people talk about "replacements" as fact when it's pure speculation/rumor/bullshit stories made up by bullshitters.
    Second paragraph:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...turns-20100218

The Who aren't even the real Who. Sabbath isn't the real Sabbath. .
    The Who is missing their rhythm section and Sabbath is missing their drummer. Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    Macca was not a real beetle.
    He's the only real Beatle* Lennon never would have gotten out of his 50's rock n roll phase without Paul. God Bless Paulmerica. Did you see him in 09? He is the Beatles. Post-Beatles Lennon went back to 50's rock n roll, while post-Beatles McCartney continued to make Beatles-esque music. A music so definitive that you can only compare it to The Beatles. In case you're not sure, watch the footage from The Plastic Ono Band live from Toronto '69. Check out Eric Clapton mad dogging Yoko for literally taking a vocal shit on everyone who paid to be there. Classy. Lennon knew he was a joke, which is why he settled down and got murdered. Not to say Macca isn't a corpse on stage in 2012, but there would have been no Beatles without him. Give thanks and praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    The Who is missing their rhythm section and Sabbath is missing their drummer. Come on now.
    If Sabbath were Spinal Tap, it'd be cool. I would be interested to see Ozzy take the stage, to be honest. Willing to pay $350 to see a headliner from the 80's take a spot that a headliner from 2013 should have? No. The Who without Moon? Sad times, my friend. Led Zeppelin just wasn't as evil without the original Bonham, but they got his son to take his place for some shows, which is pretty cool. I just think that we ought to respect the death of our older bands. Let them fade out with integrity before they all collapse on stage. They were great in their time, and literally changed the way music was created and listened to, but they haven't been the innovators they once were for decades. Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    The specific claim was that Jay-Z was the replacement. No evidence whatsoever of that claim in the article you cited. Just like there was never any confirmation that Dre/Snoop were a replacement, and yet numerous dupes keep repeating those fantasies as fact.

Source or GTFO.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Did I say it, or did I ask it? Note... before I asked if he was a surprise headliner, I stated his importance to the festival. Straws. Grasp at them in order to validate your weak point.
    Yes, in your bullshit, bonkers, rambling post (1 of 299), you did both: (i) announce Roger Waters was headliner-caliber, and then, in the same post, (ii) ask if Waters was a "surprise headliner" and not used to sell tickets, the clear implication being that Waters was not headliner-caliber. So yes, when you make a post that suggests that Waters both is and is not headliner-caliber, I suppose you are always half correct.

Grasp at straws indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Post-Beatles Lennon went back to 50's rock n roll, while post-Beatles McCartney continued to make Beatles-esque music. A music so definitive that you can only compare it to The Beatles.
    Wings: only comparable to The Beatles.
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

so definitive
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Because nothing says "I'm better than you" than resorting to name calling when you can't formulate a proper argument. Question: Why do overweight people like to call thin people meth addicts? I've already admitted to having a sweet tooth for good drugs. Meth/ heroin/ pcp/ e never making the list. Weed/ hash/ alcohol/ molly/ mushrooms certainly making the list. Does this offend you, or are you trying to score some amphetamines? I tend to avoid people who use drugs I don't condone. Maybe you should avoid people you speculate use drugs you don't condone. Save us both some time
    Wait, you think people are associating you with meth use because you're thin, and not because of your hideous face?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Headlining the new Power Of Denial Tent, Edward Sharpe And The Methaddict Zafos. Also, The Fattest Dudes You Have Ever Fucking Seen.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl...dance_Deadmau5

this must make you feel somewhat confused...

or maybe you fail to see the irony, just as you failed to see the irony of you blindly raging and hating on Insomniac events. Keep it up
    Please explain the irony in his "blindly raging and hating on Insomniac events."

Later, on the Fattest Dudes You Have Ever Fucking Seen Stage... most of this message board. But NOT Zafo.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Later, on the Fattest Dudes You Have Ever Fucking Seen Stage... most of this message board. But NOT Zafo.
    Like I said in another thread where you made it clear that you can't get past my astonishing good looks, I was a bit younger when those pictures were taken. Now I'm just another fat Californian. Top ten reasons for RSW's infatuation with the way other men look, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Yes, in your bullshit, bonkers, rambling post (1 of 299), you did both: (i) announce Roger Waters was headliner-caliber, and then, in the same post, (ii) ask if Waters was a "surprise headliner" and not used to sell tickets, the clear implication being that Waters was not headliner-caliber. So yes, when you make a post that suggests that Waters both is and is not headliner-caliber, I suppose you are always half correct.

Grasp at straws indeed.
    I announced that Roger Waters is festival material for his participation in Pink Floyd, and that if The Who or Sabbath were to play Coachella, Waters ought to outrank both of them =)

Wait, you think people are associating you with meth use because you're thin, and not because of your hideous face?
    You're either having a consistent string of bad days, or you honestly don't know what meth abuse looks like. You think people are associating you with being an annoying twat because you're witty, and not simply because you're an annoying twat?

If I looked like you, even masturbation would have to be rape.

If you looked like me, you wouldn't have to masturbate anymore.

So you look like those pictures but fat? You must be getting laid constantly.

So you balanced out your inherent asset of Horrendously Ugly with a good measure of Gross Fat, huh? Strategy.

So just to be sure, you're ok with ONE member of Pink Floyd headlining, but 50% of The Who or 75% of Black Sabbath is a no-go

Obsession, by RSW.

It's a four-pronged assult: first he lures them in with the fat and ugly, but then he wins them over with a terrible personality and unbelievable stupidity.

So just to be sure, you're ok with ONE member of Pink Floyd headlining, but 50% of The Who or 75% of Black Sabbath is a no-go
    I didn't see him play, but it sounded like most people who did see him play enjoyed the show, so it's at least acceptable in my mind. Maybe The Who could pull it off with Qudrophenia+ various hits, but it'd be a shame to see them without Moon live. As far as Sabbath goes, they just don't seem to be headliner material at Coachella. Ozzfest is the perfect place for them to headline, so why would Coachella want them as a main act? Do Sabbath even have an album of hits? Maybe if it were Sabbath plays Ozzy. Waters could play Dark Side of the Moon, and most people at Coachella would know what was being played immediately. Stoners of all walks have PF albums. The Who has a massive fan base, but are lesser known today. Are you just playing the role of an angry thirty-something upset with not having killed himself or investing in a briefcase full of cocaine before the failure that is your life in general crept up from behind and made itself apparent? It's okay. We're here for you <3
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 12-29-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: isare

It's a four-pronged assult: first he lures them in with the fat and ugly, but then he wins them over with a terrible personality and unbelievable stupidity.
    Are you trying to ask me out on a date? Just come out and say it already I promise not to "assult" you, lil bro.

I'm trying to ask you to develop like a shred of self-awareness.

Spoiler: I will be completely unsuccessful.

I'm trying to ask you to develop like a shred of self-awareness.

Spoiler: I will be completely unsuccessful.
    No, you're clearly trying to ask me out on a date, or prove to me that you date men.... which is cool for you. I think we're all happy for you =) Did you want to share your pics, and maybe we can find you that special someone I can never be for you? Or were you going to go on trying to tell me that there is a specific way a man or woman should look in order to be beautiful? Haha why're you so insecure? I've never seen someone so crazed on how others look. Part of me wants to feel bad for you, but the attention makes me feel too good to stop you XD

... guys? Hey, guys? I think we have to just give up on this one.

The voices aren't going to help you this time. I am your God now.