Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 720 of 1184

Thread: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

  1. #691
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    in 2012, no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  2. #692
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Rammstein has no chance of headlining. I don't think Phoenix does either. They're not that big quite yet.

    Led Zeppelin - Daft Punk - Pearl Jam

    ^ This would be a dream come true for me and restore my love for Coachella

  3. #693

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Rammstein. As a headliner. What the fuck are you talking about...
    He never said RAMMSTIEN would headline.
    You niggas didn't deserve the info cause you swear its 100% confirmed.
    "Speculation"

  4. #694
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,128

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    I think someone was pulling your leg about that Rammstein. I wouldn't totally discount it, but who knows?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  5. #695

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    I saw them a month ago, they were fantastic. I think they'd fit at Chella but they might have to scale down the massive pyrotechnics which is a major part of their show. And they wouldn't headline.

  6. #696

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    No they wouldnt headline, but I think it would be a great booking.

  7. #697
    Member with_cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    esseff
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    I think someone was pulling your leg about that Rammstein. I wouldn't totally discount it, but who knows?
    They performed at Big Day Out last year, so I wouldn't say it's entirely out of the question.

  8. #698
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,128

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by with_cheese View Post
    They performed at Big Day Out last year, so I wouldn't say it's entirely out of the question.
    Blink 182 and Limp Bizkit have played Big Day Out, so of course it's the same thing as Coachella!
    Last edited by tyles; 06-20-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: revision
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  9. #699

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    For the sake of hypothetical situations, where would Rammstein be billed?

  10. #700
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    i think bon iver is the "band that subs the previous year that moves into headlining spot."

  11. #701

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread


  12. #702

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bonerfromgrowingpains View Post
    i think bon iver is the "band that subs the previous year that moves into headlining spot."
    I think bon iver is the bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    If you've got hate in your heart, let it out.

  13. #703

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bonerfromgrowingpains View Post
    i think bon iver is the "band that subs the previous year that moves into headlining spot."
    So this is the formula now?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

  14. #704
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    hey jerks...i never said i liked it or bon iver. regardless of what any of you say, it makes sense to me. i have detested this "formula" which gv have used for the past few years and hope they will stop with the hip hop headliner/sub into headliner blah blah blah...suckit

  15. #705

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    It hurts to be wrong.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

  16. #706
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,634

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    There is no formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  17. #707
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    hahaha...you guys are the WORST. have a neat summer!!!

  18. #708

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    that was quick.

  19. #709
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    that was quick.
    ok. i'll play. i don't get so many other peoples' predictions in here, therefore i don't get why it's impossible to consider that once again, "formula" or not, a sub could move up to headliner status the very next year. the term "formula" that i am using refers to "making money" moreso than the actual term itself. reading other pedictions here totally blow my mind. surely these guys are more popular than fucking mgmt or vampire weekend, no? bon iver were supposedly excellent both weekends of 2012, and are insanely popular to boot. for what it's worth, they won a fucking grammy. i just don't get why you guys would write the possibility off so quickly. so, for the sake of the title of the thread, bon iver will be the "weaker headliner" of 2013. i also know because my dad works for capital records and he told me.

  20. #710
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    By The Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,273

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Well part of the reason why The Black Keys played again was because they had a new album out and on tour supporting that album and have become super popular since 2011 to 2012. While I personally don't care for Bon Iver so I have no idea if he even is working on another album to be released and what his tour plans are going to be at the time. If he is touring a new album by Coachella 2013 then yes I believe he has a very good chance of being a headliner. However I don't see GV bringing him in to do a one off show to headline with no new material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  21. #711
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    i understand what you're saying 100%, and know nothing about bon iver either. however, i am fully aware of the reasoning behind both the black keys and kings of leon making the move after only one year. doubtful gv would bring them back for a one off, but i just don't see the possibility of bon iver going away soon.

  22. #712
    old school unit300021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    By The Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,273

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    KoL didn't make the move after one year. They headlined in 2011 and last played coachella in 2007 I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

  23. #713
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    eh...i stand corrected. had i bet my life on it i would've been dead. fuckit. you get what i'm attempting to write.

  24. #714

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    If bon iver headlines, I would immediately leave to the camp grounds, use their aweful elevator music to lull asleep.

  25. #715

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bonerfromgrowingpains View Post
    i also know because my dad works for capital records and he told me.
    Can you put your mommy on the phone?

  26. #716
    Member Footsteps86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    345

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Domeki View Post
    If bon iver headlines, I would immediately leave to the camp grounds, use their aweful elevator music to lull asleep.
    Yeah, those jokes aren't ever going to get old. Never mind the fact that they were easily one of the loudest bands that played the main stage Saturday. But, no way they headline next year unless Justin has been working on something in secret.
    4/9 - Sleigh Bells (Crescent Ballroom); 4/11-13 - Coachella Weekend 1; 4/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel (Crescent Ballroom); 4/17 - Lorde (Comerica Theatre); 4/21 - CHVRCHES (Marquee Theatre); 5/10 - Morrissey (LA Sports Arena);8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

  27. #717
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    8,669

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    hey guys, you know if something happened last year, it has to happen this year.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

  28. #718
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    312

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    hey guys, you know if something happened last year, it has to happen this year.
    you guys are still so predictable and no fucking fun at all. see you in hell

  29. #719
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    bon iver headlining is fun.

    someone write this shit down.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  30. #720

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Rammstein featuring Bon Iver?
    If you've got hate in your heart, let it out.

Similar Threads

  1. My morning jacket 2013 headliner
    By theecat in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 05:03 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 02:29 AM
  3. 2013 Main Rumor Thread
    By Whittick in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 04:37 AM
  4. Final Headliner/ Sub-Headliner Prediction Thread
    By crombrenner in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
  5. Aphex Twin for 2008? Speculation Thread
    By Aphxtwinin in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •