Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

Neither one of those bands can headline.

After last year are there any rap acts left we need to worry about boring the shit out of us? It feels like every hip-hop act left capable of headlining was there last year, and it still sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Neither one of those bands can headline.

After last year are there any rap acts left we need to worry about boring the shit out of us? It feels like every hip-hop act left capable of headlining was there last year, and it still sucked.
    So wrong

I'm curious to why this thread is titled Omnibus. Methinks Mirior doesn't understand the word. Mirior, care to hop in and defend yourself?

(hint: don't defend yourself, just repent)
    adjective
    . pertaining to, including, or dealing with numerous objects or items at once: an omnibus bill submitted to a legislature.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

i think op sees that what goes on here will be getting to the point where the headliner slot becomes a democracy and the highest amount of posts about certain acts will become the headliners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Since when have the postal service announced that they're coming out with their second album? Your lineup seems very plausible, but I have yet to hear the news that the postal service is coming out with new material...
    They haven't announced anything at all, much like how At The Drive-In and Refused didn't announce anything at this time last year. Just a simple guess at the reunion booking.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Thumbs down Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    ....I would rather have someone else than the Stones at Coachella. They would be a better fit at Roo.
    Ughhhhh are you high? The stones would fit perfectly at coachella, hearing start me up and sympathy for the devil at the polo fields would be uncanny... The best part of it all is that a good portion of tickets have already gone to the Coachella demographic, so there won't be a bunch of old timers Filling the festival

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    They haven't announced anything at all, much like how At The Drive-In and Refused didn't announce anything at this time last year. Just a simple guess at the reunion booking.
    Gotcha.

The Stones on the Polo Fields would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Ughhhhh are you high? The stones would fit perfectly at coachella, hearing start me up and sympathy for the devil at the polo fields would be uncanny... The best part of it all is that a good portion of tickets have already gone to the Coachella demographic, so there won't be a bunch of old timers Filling the festival
    What would be uncanny about hearing those songs at Coachella?

One's resemblance to another person can be uncanny. Hearing songs that you like at a music festival you attend wouldn't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    The Stones on the Polo Fields would be fantastic.
    I would be ecstatic
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Yeah, the more I think about it, I would be as happy to see the Stones as anyone, including Bowie or Byrne.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Kanye & Jay Z could possibly Headline one night after they drop, 'Watch the Throne 2.'

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/kanye-...one-follow-up/

I'm curious to why this thread is titled Omnibus. Methinks Mirior doesn't understand the word. Mirior, care to hop in and defend yourself?

(hint: don't defend yourself, just repent)

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    adjective
    . pertaining to, including, or dealing with numerous objects or items at once: an omnibus bill submitted to a legislature.
    That's not really an accurate definition. "Omnibus" specifies the combination of multiple individual things into one item that covers all of them. You can't create an omnibus in advance of the parts, it defies the meaning of the word. If there were already several threads and they all got combined into one, then it would be an omnibus.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by themonstermash View Post
    Kanye & Jay Z could possibly Headline one night after they drop, 'Watch the Throne 2.'

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/kanye-...one-follow-up/
    ... so we're going to have a double repeat of boring headliners respectively two and three years after? Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    What would be uncanny about hearing those songs at Coachella?

One's resemblance to another person can be uncanny. Hearing songs that you like at a music festival you attend wouldn't be.
    uncanny describes my idea of the rolling stones at Coachella for many reasons. My first Coachella experience was seeing Paul McCartney so having the stones there brings a sense of familiarity to the polo fields that macca brought in 09. It would also be uncanny because I foresee an image of the stones rocking the polo fields in my dreams, so if they were actually to play and for me to actually be there would make the experience uncanny

... so we're going to have a double repeat of boring headliners respectively two and three years after? Fuck that.
    fuck that is right, but you do realize that this could actually happen

For this year? No, it will not happen.

Back to a conversation that actually means half a shit: are there any hip-hop acts who HAVEN'T headlined already who could?

For this year? No, it will not happen.

Back to a conversation that actually means half a shit: are there any hip-hop acts who HAVEN'T headlined already who could?
    Outkast and Eminem. But neither of those are happening. I'd put my money on Jay and Kanye headlining together in 2014.

Anyone who thinks The Fugees, A Tribe Called Quest or Wu-Tang could headline are delusional, btw.

A conversation that has meant half a shit in 100000s of other threads

The Fugees could absolutely headline, you're out of you're fucking mind. Outkast yes, good call, forgotten about that, probably because they're so resistant to the idea. Em could and should have instead of Dre and Snoop. Half the audience left after the white man exited the stage anyway.

The Fugees could absolutely headline, you're out of you're fucking mind.
    I dunno, I guess it's possible. I've seen The Fugees before. Although it was at a KROQ Weenie Roast in 1997 (I think). They were on at like 3pm and they were awful. They showed up late and got really pissed when the stage started turning on them when they were still in the middle of a song. Nobody cared. Again, it was the KROQ crowd and after being gone for a while I'm sure some people probably care more now than they did back then, but I still don't think they're big enough to headline.

Being boring/shitty didn't stop a lot of other headliners. The point is they'd be a draw. I suppose they might sub, but I think given how popular a string of motherfuckers on stage with just a microphone has been I think GV would jump at the chance.

The Fugees could absolutely headline, you're out of you're fucking mind. Outkast yes, good call, forgotten about that, probably because they're so resistant to the idea. Em could and should have instead of Dre and Snoop. Half the audience left after the white man exited the stage anyway.
    I think Eminem could do it, especially if he brought D12. They aren't super spectacular or anything but gives them a bigger catalog to choose from. I wish Outkast wasn't so upset with one another cause' I think that they would be by far the best choice (if they were going with the usual hip-hop headliner).
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

D12 really adds to his catalog all that much? Dude has hundreds of songs and more hit singles than I think anybody else from our generation.

Bjork * No Doubt * The Rolling Stones

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Jack White & Friends < DP
    Neil Young < Pearl Jam
    Sigur Ros < Rolling Stones
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Em could and should have instead of Dre and Snoop. Half the audience left after the white man exited the stage anyway.

It's absolutely true. The entire area back of the soundbooth cleared out like a motherfucker as soon as he left the stage. Sad fact. Then again, that's what happens when the two acts on the bill leave the stage after 20 minutes and bring out one special guest after another. You lose cohesiveness.

Monklish's early guesses were Phoenix, Nine Inch Nails, and Daft Punk.