Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 1184

Thread: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

  1. #721
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,684

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bonerfromgrowingpains View Post
    surely these guys are more popular than fucking mgmt or vampire weekend, no?
    Do you know what a radio is? Because Bon Iver doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  2. #722
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,430

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    So after watching Jack White at Lollapalooza last weekend I feel like he can headline next year.

  3. #723

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    So after watching Jack White at Lollapalooza last weekend I feel like he can headline next year.
    Agreed.

    Best Guess:
    Jack White
    Green Day
    Kanye/Jay-Z


    Wish:

    Stray Cats Reunion
    System of a Down or Daft Punk
    No Doubt

  4. #724
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,128

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Antoinek91 View Post
    Agreed.

    Best Guess:
    Jack White
    Green Day
    Kanye/Jay-Z


    Wish:

    Stray Cats Reunion
    System of a Down or Daft Punk
    No Doubt
    No Doubt is more likely than Green Day or Kayne/Jay-Z, so your wish is more probable than your best guess.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  5. #725

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    No Doubt is more likely than Green Day or Kayne/Jay-Z, so your wish is more probable than your best guess.
    Perhaps. Even though I'd like to see it, I don't see No Doubt getting an invite as a headliner at coachella. Seems like a more likely fit for one of Lolla's six headliner slots or as a headliner at a less noteworthy fest like hangout or firefly or kanrocksas

  6. #726
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,439

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    pretty sure no doubt was locked in for 2013 when the radiohead/no doubt rumor surfaced last year.

    i'd be pretty surprised if they weren't booked.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  7. #727
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,605

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    New album, world tour almost certainly coming up, fucking huge following in So Cal... They'll headline Friday and Deadmau5 will close the stage after them. Kanye/ Jay Z would almost be lazier than The Black Keys. Almost.

  8. #728
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,128

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    New album, world tour almost certainly coming up, fucking huge following in So Cal... They'll headline Friday and Deadmau5 will close the stage after them. Kanye/ Jay Z would almost be lazier than The Black Keys. Almost.
    I think booking Deadmau5 to close is getting as close to lazy as booking the Black Keys. Seriously, the EDM headliners (if you call them that) are getting to be recycled way too often. If they could book the Sahara artists in a way that would make that part of the line-up way different than the EDC, I would be so greatful.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  9. #729
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,128

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Also, I'd be more shocked if No Doubt DIDN'T headline this year.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  10. #730
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    So, I probably shouldn't even bother to mention this because when it was first told to me I went through about a half hour of calling bullshit on the guy who told me but then again he's a partner in my company with me and he does travel in the kind of insanely rich circles where this kinda shit might come about in conversation... but I've been told that there's a real Floyd tour happening next year. Gilmour and Waters, together. FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  11. #731

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    New album, world tour almost certainly coming up, fucking huge following in So Cal... They'll headline Friday and Deadmau5 will close the stage after them. Kanye/ Jay Z would almost be lazier than The Black Keys. Almost.
    Just to put point out there. Booking The Black Keys as headliners wasn't really a lazy booking. If it hadn't been for Tony Iommi's cancer, Black Sabbath would've played. What do you do with two months ish to go.

  12. #732

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    What's the chances at

    No Doubt
    Daft Punk
    Armin Van Burren (dance headliner)

    Pearl Jam
    Blur(sub)
    Morrissey (But this'd be great too)

    Foo Fighters
    Jack White
    Tiesto (dance headliner)

  13. #733
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,565

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gary312 View Post
    Booking The Black Keys as headliners wasn't really a lazy booking. If it hadn't been for Tony Iommi's cancer, Black Sabbath would've played. .
    Wrong.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 08-14-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  14. #734
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,643

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Wrong.
    Yeah, pretty sure Dre and Snoop were Black Sabbath's replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  15. #735
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,691

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Is there any real reason to suggest anyone is seriously to care about No Doubt in 2013? I'm half expecting the album to flop and they'll have to resort to being somebody else's support slot on tour next year.

  16. #736

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure Dre and Snoop were Black Sabbath's replacement.
    I don't think they were. Headliners were moved about due to Black Sabbath having to pull out. Far as I know, Radiohead and Dre both got moved down a day and The Black Keys booking on Friday due to Sabbath on Sunday pulling out.

    They wouldn't book a 1st thought headliner that was a sub the previous year.

  17. #737
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Does it really matter a) if Black Sabbath was supposed to play, and b) if so, which act replaced them as a headliner?
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  18. #738

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Does it really matter a) if Black Sabbath was supposed to play, and b) if so, which act replaced them as a headliner?
    Yes, because it separates the fact if they were just booked for ease or because they had limited time and they were a good fit.

  19. #739

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    New album, world tour almost certainly coming up, fucking huge following in So Cal... They'll headline Friday and Deadmau5 will close the stage after them. Kanye/ Jay Z would almost be lazier than The Black Keys. Almost.
    call it lazy if you want but are we really gonna pretend like the entire polo club wouldnt be packed like sardines at the main stage for kanye/jayz?

  20. #740
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gary312 View Post
    Yes, because it separates the fact if they were just booked for ease or because they had limited time and they were a good fit.
    Is it relevant to any current discussion in this thread, or are we just setting the historical record? I know there was some attenuated discussion of Jack White, who -- critically for the present purposes -- did not subheadline at Coachella last year. But other than that, I can't think of a reason to be having this circular "my hearsay evidence is better than your conjecture" debate yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  21. #741
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,367

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    sahara will be boys noize LIVE

  22. #742
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,166

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    What about a possible Jack While/Eminem double headliner? a la Strokes/Kanye 2011
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  23. #743
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,439

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    jack white and eminem are both legit headliners. the strokes aren't. or weren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  24. #744

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    I don't think anybody outside of Strokes fans even considers them a "real" headliner for that year. I always forget they were even there.

  25. #745
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,430

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Yeah I always considered Kanye to be the headliner that year. I still have no idea why The Strokes shared the top the line with him.

  26. #746
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    It was probably some sort of contractual thing that their management negotiated, possibly because they were at the top of the bill at other comparable festivals (though those festivals had more than three acts on the top line).
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  27. #747
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    So, I probably shouldn't even bother to mention this because when it was first told to me I went through about a half hour of calling bullshit on the guy who told me but then again he's a partner in my company with me and he does travel in the kind of insanely rich circles where this kinda shit might come about in conversation... but I've been told that there's a real Floyd tour happening next year. Gilmour and Waters, together. FWIW.
    Roger has made a statement that he's eyeing stadium WALL dates in Europe for 2013. Plus Gilmour hasn't done a full gig without Richard Wight since....1984?

  28. #748
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    It was probably some sort of contractual thing that their management negotiated, possibly because they were at the top of the bill at other comparable festivals (though those festivals had more than three acts on the top line).
    Maybe GV wanted their name in a big font to alter how the big names of the lineup would be perceived. It was Kanyes first major US appearance since Bonnaroo and the Swift stuff.

  29. #749
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    If The Strokes weren't headliners then what line would you say they fell on?
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  30. #750

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    If The Strokes weren't headliners then what line would you say they fell on?
    They're a headliner, albeit a weak one. Playing right before inarguably the biggest act of that entire year sort of minimizes any impact they had as one though.

Similar Threads

  1. My morning jacket 2013 headliner
    By theecat in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 05:03 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 02:29 AM
  3. 2013 Main Rumor Thread
    By Whittick in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 04:37 AM
  4. Final Headliner/ Sub-Headliner Prediction Thread
    By crombrenner in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
  5. Aphex Twin for 2008? Speculation Thread
    By Aphxtwinin in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •