Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1184

Thread: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

  1. #91
    Member kneuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Morrissey headlining = lulz
    Not my dream lineup....just a guess. Hes got a string a dates this year and possibly a new album in the next year?

    Also I would be amazed if Vampire Weekend or the XX arent a sub in the next year or two.

  2. #92
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    The mentions for Jack White seem silly. I can easily see him as the subheadliner but now that every other festival got their grubby hands on him it would be an incredibly weak booking for Coachella to have him as headliner
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  3. #93

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    The mentions for Jack White seem silly. I can easily see him as the subheadliner but now that every other festival got their grubby hands on him it would be an incredibly weak booking for Coachella to have him as headliner
    Agree if thom yorke was a sub why would jack white headline. As for for what I think hope it would be Friday - My morning Jacket with Daft Punk playing after. Sat - Pearl Jam Sun -OutKast

  4. #94
    Member kneuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    Agree if thom yorke was a sub why would jack white headline. As for for what I think hope it would be Friday - My morning Jacket with Daft Punk playing after. Sat - Pearl Jam Sun -OutKast
    Great explanation as to why Jack White shouldnt headline

  5. #95
    old school TickleMeElmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Friday - Pearl Jam
    Saturday - Daft Punk
    Sunday - Outkast
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

  6. #96
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,731

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    The Black Keys
    No Doubt
    Beyonce

    Skrillex on the main.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  7. #97
    Member LetThereBeLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bermuda Dunes, Ca
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Friday - Pearl Jam
    Saturday - Daft Punk
    Sunday - Outkast
    I cannot describe how thrilled I would be if this happened.

  8. #98
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    The mentions for Jack White seem silly. I can easily see him as the subheadliner but now that every other festival got their grubby hands on him it would be an incredibly weak booking for Coachella to have him as headliner
    Hey it happened with Kings of Leon. The Strokes headlined a few festivals the year before Coachella.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  9. #99
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The Black Keys
    No Doubt
    Beyonce

    Skrillex on the main.
    This joke gets funnier each time you say it.

    Seriously, though, Korn headlining with a reunited White Zombie playing right before would be incredible. It's been 6 years since Coachella had a hard rock headliner. Need to get somebody hardcore to make the prudes uncomfortable again.

    Friday: Animal Collective + Beastie Boys (not who I want, who I'm predicting)
    Saturday: Depeche Mode (Portishead sub)
    Sunday: Korn (White Zombie sub)
    Last edited by p.r. teo; 04-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Chaos lives in everything.

    IMDb

  10. #100
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,504

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Pearl Jam
    Green Day
    Daft Punk

  11. #101
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I don't think Foo Fighters would be a good fit next year due to what Miror Noir said -- they've played everywhere these last couple of years, and are a second-tier headliner at Outside Lands. How would that look for Coachella to have an act that's not even among the top 3 names at a mid-tier fest like OSL one year be one of their top 3 acts the following year?
    The Black Keys were a second-tier headliner at Outside Lands in 2011, and they also played everywhere these last couple of years, and then they headlined Coachella in 2012... so I don't think it's that unlikely for the Foos to do the same. And as much as I'm whatever about the Foo Fighters, if they were the top name on the bill for Friday, I don't think there would be a huge stink about it. That's a fairly respectable Friday night headliner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  12. #102
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,353

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Black Keys this year are a weird exception to all of the various rules because they graduated to headliner status with an album that came out while they were still touring the previous record.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  13. #103
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    The Black Keys and Kings of Leon have really added weight to the phrase "Anything's possible"
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  14. #104
    Member Originalbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    689

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    The Rolling Stones as the "rock" genre, especially with their 50th Anniversary tour being pushed back until 2013.
    Noir and I have been throwing around the idea of Beyonce as being a possibility, but I have doubts. Lady Gaga is quickly losing her luster and couldn't fathom GV picking up yesterday's trash.
    If we're going with a female headliner (I'm bias for my ladies), I would prefer Goldfrapp although not sure if they could fulfill the "sell out a festival day quota". Madonna will probably not have an invitation back. Can't imagine the YYY's as being popular enough despite subing twice. Now that I've gone through multiple doubtfuls, I can see Gwen Stefani coming with No Doubt.
    Daft Punk, but could go with Depeche Mode or New Order.

    Also, seeing the influence recent bands have reaped, I'm throwing this out on a limb: Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers or Michael McDonald. Yes, I'm kind of serious too.

  15. #105
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,204

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Simon & Garfunkel

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  16. #106
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,939

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Simon & Garfunkel
    Yes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  17. #107
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,204

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Though it'll probably be No Doubt.

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  18. #108
    Member santasutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Simon & Garfunkel
    I would love this but it could not happen.

    Fri: Phoenix or Vampire Weekend
    Sat: Page and Plant
    Sun: Beyonce

  19. #109
    Member Originalbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    689

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    How about some Human League?

  20. #110
    Member Footsteps86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Friday - Pearl Jam
    Saturday - Daft Punk
    Sunday - Outkast
    I told my friends that this was my prediction for next year as well except I have Daft on Friday and PJ on Saturday.
    8/29-Classixx (Crescent Ballroom)
    9/19-Eric Prydz (The Pressroom)
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/24-Warpaint (The Pressrom)
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

  21. #111
    Member bobchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,743

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Daft Punk
    Elton John
    Outkast

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

    SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

  22. #112
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,353

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    I like Simon and Garfunkel, but I'm not sure if they'd work for Coachella. We can't even keep a few thousand people from talking during something like Jeff Mangum; I can't imagine how bad it would be for a Simon and Garfunkel headlining set.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  23. #113
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Daft
    Beasties
    Stones
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  24. #114
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Simon & Garfunkel
    Garfunkel cancelled an entire S&G tour in 2010 because his voice gave out and I'm not sure he'll come back.

  25. #115
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,204

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Tony Bennett.

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  26. #116
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,858

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    The Rolling Stones as the "rock" genre, especially with their 50th Anniversary tour being pushed back until 2013.
    Noir and I have been throwing around the idea of Beyonce as being a possibility, but I have doubts. Lady Gaga is quickly losing her luster and couldn't fathom GV picking up yesterday's trash.
    If we're going with a female headliner (I'm bias for my ladies), I would prefer Goldfrapp although not sure if they could fulfill the "sell out a festival day quota". Madonna will probably not have an invitation back. Can't imagine the YYY's as being popular enough despite subing twice. Now that I've gone through multiple doubtfuls, I can see Gwen Stefani coming with No Doubt.
    Daft Punk, but could go with Depeche Mode or New Order.

    Also, seeing the influence recent bands have reaped, I'm throwing this out on a limb: Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers or Michael McDonald. Yes, I'm kind of serious too.
    Goldfrapp couldn't headline a festival in England; they coudln't headline Coachella. New Order is headlining Bestival this year and they headlined Coachella in 2005, so I suppose that might be a possibliity, but Depeche hated playing the festival in 2006 and I'd be surprised to ever see them on the lineup again.

    Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers/Michael McDonald would make people commit suicide from the Ferris Wheel. The Doobie Brothers are playing here in May at a 1,000 seat venue that isn't close to selling out.

    Human League is possible as a player but no way are they near headliner status.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  27. #117
    Member witham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    My sense is that even if they could book a set of headliners like

    Bowie
    Daft Punk
    Outkast


    ... they wouldn't because it would make all subsequent lineups until the end of time pale in comparison.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

  28. #118
    Member LetThereBeLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bermuda Dunes, Ca
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Since we're talking about ladies, Adele would be cool. I know I'm just dreaming on that one though. Haha.

  29. #119
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    New Order was a sub in 05, Jen.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  30. #120
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,353

    Default Re: Omnibus 2013 Headliner Speculation and Argument Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    but Depeche hated playing the festival in 2006.
    Why was their experience bad? I've never heard the story. No one ever talks about their performance . . . the only 2006 stories I ever hear are about Daft Punk and Madonna.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Similar Threads

  1. My morning jacket 2013 headliner
    By theecat in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 05:03 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 02:29 AM
  3. 2013 Main Rumor Thread
    By Whittick in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 04:37 AM
  4. Final Headliner/ Sub-Headliner Prediction Thread
    By crombrenner in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
  5. Aphex Twin for 2008? Speculation Thread
    By Aphxtwinin in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •