View Poll Results: Which weekend was more enjoyable for you?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weekend 1

102 51.26%
  • Weekend 2

97 48.74%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The weekend 1 vs weekend 2 poll

Default Re: The weekend 1 vs weekend 2 poll

Weekend 1 for sure because the weather was better. We got 2 extremes and something in the middle would have been preferred, but the heat zapped the crowds energy weekend 2, you can't go all out all day everyday in that kind of heat. It made some of the day shows into pure survival. Sure it was a little chilly at night on weekend 1, but nothing a sweater and hat won't fix. Also it allowed for all sorts of costumes. It was near impossible to escape the heat weekend 2 let alone dress up a bit. Plus if you were dancing you weren't cold anyways.

Of course both weekends were amazing, but the surprises, better grass and weather go to weekend 1.

Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    Right, they all did say this. And The Hives (well, Pelle) said the w2 crowd was better, and I for one believe him
    you realize that pelle says every audience is the best one he's ever played to, right? it's kinda his shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbico View Post
    I don't know if you just don't understand the concept of time, but weekend 2 happened after weekend 1. He may have said he loved weekend 1, but when I saw them he said we were right below weekend 1 about half way through the set, and then by the end everyone was freaking the fuck out and getting super into it, and he said we weekend 2 was better. He can change his mind on something, especially if he said weekend 1 was superior BEFORE weekend 2 even occurred.
    Christ you're fucking stupid
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    you realize that pelle says every audience is the best one he's ever played to, right? it's kinda his shtick.
    Yes, of course. I was trying to convey my skepticism with 'and I for one believe him'

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSIX View Post
    But Weekend 2 was definitely for the music, the crowds and bands (except a few) were so much more into it. I don't know about the weather on this weekend but it really felt much more like Coachella. Btw Weekend 1 was muthafucking packed w/ Bros
    That's exactly what I thought!!! I only went to weekend 1, but I was disappointed by the Bros bringing their negative energy. My brother got elbowed in the beer garden by one of them pushing through a beer line. A bunch of other Bros kept standing in the middle of our dance circle at DJ stage in the campground. This isn't a frat party- I could to Coachella to get away from those crowds! I attributed it to Coachella's growing popularity, as this was the first year that I noticed the Bros out in full force. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't like that for Weekend 2.
    --->Living-Silver.com <---

Weekend 1 wins. I was able to see more bands by going both, but what made Coachella festival special was gone. Coachella is very different festival these days because of popularity. Soon they'll start lottery ticket buying system.

I went to both. I preferred weekend 2 over 1. Here are some highlights:
    Weekend 1: Kimbra with Gotye, Rhianna with Calvin Harris. Seeing Tupac for the first time. The hot tub at my hotel.
    Weekend 2: Crowd singing with Gotye (instead of Kimbra). Eye candy (the heat has all of dress a little less). Knowing which sets to go to because you already saw the bad sets the first weekend. Seeing some conflicts. John Fogerty with The Black Keys. Not being cold at night. The pool at my campsite.

I think the key for me was the heat, sure it's bad during the day - but the best acts go on at night. Weekend 1 I wore pants and a jacket with a hoodie at night. Second weekend I wore shorts and tshirt and felt great dressed like that at night.
    Joseph Elwell.
    99, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12, 12, 13, 13

Lurker

Black Keys were better wk1, and Sunday of wk1 was definitely better (particularly The Weeknd itself)...but otherwise, the weather made all the difference in the world and Weekend 2 gets my vote for the better of the two. There was an element to the crowd on the first Fri & Sat that had to do with the cold weather--a sort of panicked, scattered vibe every time a show ended. Like, when the cold winds broke through again, the hundreds (thousands?) of kids on the kind of drugs that don't mix well with cold winds simply flipped out. Radiohead's show wk1 was the coldest of winds. I think Thom said something about burying the memory during wk2.

Quote Originally Posted by jelwell View Post
    I think the key for me was the heat, sure it's bad during the day - but the best acts go on at night. Weekend 1 I wore pants and a jacket with a hoodie at night. Second weekend I wore shorts and tshirt and felt great dressed like that at night.
    The weather was my tie-breaker as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

Maybe it was the drugs (boldtype), but I felt like weekend 1 was doomed. Too many overprivileged white kids running around on drugs with no consideration for the spirits all around them. That condensed energy has to ground somewhere, and I felt like a lightning rod for all that unchained ignorance/ indifference. It must be nice to live without cares, rolling balls and cutting people off like they don't exist. It must be pure ecstasy... Blech.

Weekend 2 was a freak fest, for sure. Like taking your dog to the dog beach... So many unleashed dogs should surely be a problem, but the dogs know that starting shit will be the quick ticket home. No treats. The freaks stood together in harmony with they middle class bros who couldn't make it first weekend. The weather was nice all weekend, and many a finger was stinkified on the basis of, "what my bf doesn't know won't hurt him.

Weekend 1 had all the magic of a rich kid being the first on his block to get the new toy every kid wants.

Weekend 2 had all the magic of getting that same toy, and making it cum four times, followed by the toy laying in bed after and telling you she's never had sex like that before.

Ah... Magic.
    Last edited by MrPanchoStinky; 04-30-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Weekend two crowd is way more civilized though weekend one sets are way more energetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

My preferred bands I saw week 1, so 1 narrowly wins, but I still loved week 2 also.

I was surprised at how much I loved weekend 2 when I went after weekend 1 last year. Other than the grass, it's really just as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what