Thread: Refused Reunion Speech + Rather Be Dead

Default Refused Reunion Speech + Rather Be Dead

Perfect speech by Dennis Lyxzn about the reunion and his feelings about the lyrics behind the band from their performance last night (Weekend 2). Oh and it leads into Rather be Dead.

Last edited by Ey3con; 04-21-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Facebook | Twitter | Last.fm | YouTube

Coachella '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12

Xbox Live GT: iEy3con | Top 5 Call of Duty Clan: Semper Fi

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Refused Reunion Speech + Rather Be Dead

that was awesome
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Drinkey what does first part (Now I am poor last fm) of your signature mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    that was awesome
    Yes it was, so worth the wait. I tried to get a set list but they took them all for some reason (I got a "Refused" tape that held down the set lists though ).

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Drinkey what does first part (Now I am poor last fm) of your signature mean?
    For a long time I had a huge list of upcoming concerts listed there. Now I am poor.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Ah, I thought it was a play on a Mars Volta song for some reason
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I have not enjoyed Mars Volta for many years.
    last.fm

Who has?

Hard to believe Dennis commands so much stage presence for a band that just got back together. Truly fukin amazing. If these guys do any new music and tour behind it, I'll probably geek out and follow them around.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Who has?
    mars volta is still badass...octahedron was insane, and i just now realized that their new release is out....gonna check it now

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Hard to believe Dennis commands so much stage presence for a band that just got back together. Truly fukin amazing. If these guys do any new music and tour behind it, I'll probably geek out and follow them around.

QFT.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Hard to believe Dennis commands so much stage presence for a band that just got back together.
    He's been fronting T(I)NC since Refused broke up.

When I first started listening to Refused I was too young to drive, I never got a chance to see them live before they broke up. I told myself long ago that if I ever had the opportunity to see them, I'd travel any where to make it happen and pay almost any price. Luckily the opportunity came and I was able to make my trip to Coachella!

I got to the outdoor stage during the last song in the EITS set, dragged my girlfriend front and center, and we waited in silence for them to appear on stage. No idea why, but I was nervous as fuck.. I still can't believe I got to see these guys live. It seemed like everyone around me was nervous too -- not many people were talking at all. Everyone was pretty much just standing there in silence. It turns out I was thinking a bit too optimistically having my girlfriend front and center with me, as the SECOND the first note was played the crowd went fucking nuts and she got swept away from me in a monsoon of limbs and sweat . I ended up having to drag her out of there and we stayed back another 20 feet or so... Even from back there where the crowd wasn't as nutso as I was hoping, I still had an amazing time. I only wish the set could have been longer, and I still can't believe it actually happened period. This was fucking amazing. The highlight of the trip for me, and honestly my sole purpose for coming out there. The Deadly Rhythm is probably my all time favorite song, so glad I got to see them play it. Honestly this was something I really never thought I'd get to experience, so glad that I got the chance! My only complaint was that it seemed like they didn't turn it up very loud? Honestly for being a loud band, that was the quietest set I think I saw all weekend. Anyone have any idea what the thought process was behind that? Were they worried people would get too out of control and get hurt?

Ironically, months after I bought Coachella tickets to see Refused, they announced a tourdate in Royal Oak, MI. So it looks like I'll be seeing them at a much smaller venue, in-doors, where I am sure they won't have volume issues, and my girlfriend is going to have to enter at her own risk this time .

/SPINKICK SPINKICK SPINKICK PEEWEE HERMAN DANCE.

we came from the other side of the world with expectations that couldn't possibly be matched....and they were blown away. I have been lucky enough to see bands I like reformed and play some great shows, but nothing like what we witnessed the other night.

My soul is now that much more full.

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTEROID View Post
    When I first started listening to Refused I was too young to drive, I never got a chance to see them live before they broke up. I told myself long ago that if I ever had the opportunity to see them, I'd travel any where to make it happen and pay almost any price. Luckily the opportunity came and I was able to make my trip to Coachella!

I got to the outdoor stage during the last song in the EITS set, dragged my girlfriend front and center, and we waited in silence for them to appear on stage. No idea why, but I was nervous as fuck.. I still can't believe I got to see these guys live. It seemed like everyone around me was nervous too -- not many people were talking at all. Everyone was pretty much just standing there in silence. It turns out I was thinking a bit too optimistically having my girlfriend front and center with me, as the SECOND the first note was played the crowd went fucking nuts and she got swept away from me in a monsoon of limbs and sweat . I ended up having to drag her out of there and we stayed back another 20 feet or so... Even from back there where the crowd wasn't as nutso as I was hoping, I still had an amazing time. I only wish the set could have been longer, and I still can't believe it actually happened period. This was fucking amazing. The highlight of the trip for me, and honestly my sole purpose for coming out there. The Deadly Rhythm is probably my all time favorite song, so glad I got to see them play it. Honestly this was something I really never thought I'd get to experience, so glad that I got the chance! My only complaint was that it seemed like they didn't turn it up very loud? Honestly for being a loud band, that was the quietest set I think I saw all weekend. Anyone have any idea what the thought process was behind that? Were they worried people would get too out of control and get hurt?

Ironically, months after I bought Coachella tickets to see Refused, they announced a tourdate in Royal Oak, MI. So it looks like I'll be seeing them at a much smaller venue, in-doors, where I am sure they won't have volume issues, and my girlfriend is going to have to enter at her own risk this time .

/SPINKICK SPINKICK SPINKICK PEEWEE HERMAN DANCE.
    What weekend did you go? Weekend 1 got fucking crazy. I made the mistake of forgetting my shoes that day and had to brave the pit barefoot. So worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    What weekend did you go? Weekend 1 got fucking crazy. I made the mistake of forgetting my shoes that day and had to brave the pit barefoot. So worth it.
    dude...HOW?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

The trick is to keep moving. Just keep moving and your feet don't get stomped. As much.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Agreed on the "not loud enough" part. I think that may have been an issue only for the people towards the front, because my friends in the back said it sounded perfect. The pit started chanting "TURN IT UP" at one point, but they never did. Honestly, the mix wasn't too great but it was still one of my top sets of the weekend.

Also I lost my wallet and phone about 2 songs in. No fucks were given. Got them both back the next day at lost & found. Thanks to whoever that was!

^^^^ For being that close to the stage, it sure felt sound wise we were quite far away. The energy of the pit and the band made up for it though.
    05-12.2

Anyone remember what he said about being skeptical about their reunion?
    I remember he was also skeptical about it part.
    Did he said they should do it if somebody out there wanted it?
    Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    Agreed on the "not loud enough" part. I think that may have been an issue only for the people towards the front, because my friends in the back said it sounded perfect. The pit started chanting "TURN IT UP" at one point, but they never did. Honestly, the mix wasn't too great but it was still one of my top sets of the weekend.

I was back near the sound booth and was really disappointed with the sound. I had my earplugs ready to go. Then they started playing and my wife and I looked at each other and wondered allowed if they weren't plugged in properly. It has got to be one of the quietest sets I heard on weekend 2 and it should have been the loudest. I heard bands at 1pm in the Gobi that were WAY louder. A band like Refused really would have benefited from a Wall of Sound. Who's fault is it? Is it the bands sound equipment that they brought? We saw a band in the Gobi and they kept bragging about their custom marshall amps and they were f'ing LOUD. Did Refused just have crappy equipment?

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

wow i raved my dick off to this you guys

malcolmjamalaweful malcolmjama1awesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I was back near the sound booth and was really disappointed with the sound. I had my earplugs ready to go. Then they started playing and my wife and I looked at each other and wondered allowed if they weren't plugged in properly. It has got to be one of the quietest sets I heard on weekend 2 and it should have been the loudest. I heard bands at 1pm in the Gobi that were WAY louder. A band like Refused really would have benefited from a Wall of Sound. Who's fault is it? Is it the bands sound equipment that they brought? We saw a band in the Gobi and they kept bragging about their custom marshall amps and they were f'ing LOUD. Did Refused just have crappy equipment?
    TLDR LOL

Did Refused just have crappy equipment?
    They were quite loud at the Glasshouse. It was just an Outdoor stage issue.
    05-12.2

Custom Made.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Front and center of the pit the whole set. Sound was perfect, don't know what you guys are talking about.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"