Thread: How/where to find new music?

Default How/where to find new music?

It used to be that I was always stumbling upon new music, but as Ive become older and busier with life duties, I no longer have much free time on the internet to click around for hours, and its harder to keep up with new music thats out there. My playlist is stale and it seems like the digital music landscape changes drastically so often, I donīt even know where to start anymore. It feels like Ive fallen behind the times... but theres SO MANY outlets for music these days, which makes it a lot harder to find new music of decent quality.

How do you find good, fresh music? What are some of your favorite blogs, websites, etc to discover new music? Ive been using Pandora, which is great, but after a while you start to become too familiar with the music on rotation, and theres still so much music thats not featured on there.

Default Re: How/where to find new music?

uh, you're here, dude. just keep up with the "tell us about 2012 releases..." thread to stay current.

Heading over there now.....

"tell us about 2012 releases" is great.

not that this is that informative, but i'll remind you that hitting youtube every now and again is worth a go if your time is limited. i'll discover a handful of new artists by starting a search with a relative group or artist and within minutes of clicking away at the suggestion panel i have a bunch of new music, from there...if i like what i hear i'll find the album for download or itunes

Quote Originally Posted by theGold View Post
    ... as Ive become older and busier with life duties, I no longer have much free time on the internet to click around for hours, and its harder to keep up with new music thats out there. My playlist is stale...
    the 2012 thread is good, but this board is useful to broaden horizons and learn about stuff that may not be new but is new to you. Hang around here, read the boards, identify people who you think have similar tastes, and try some of their recommendations. I would download an hour of Joanna Newsom flossing her teeth with harp strings if bmack told me it was worth hearing. (which he would almost certainly think).
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.