Thread: UNOFFICIAL 2012 lost and found guide (or how to get your stuff back)

Exclamation UNOFFICIAL 2012 lost and found guide (or how to get your stuff back)

i'm starting to see a lot of lost and found threads popping up on the forum so im going to be all helping like and try to provide you all with some information so we dont wind up with 50+ "i lost my iphone in the sahara tent lol" threads. i'm just another forumite, i have no authoritah and i cant get you your stuff back, but i can at least try and point you in the right direction

first step: email the official lost and found
    tweeted 4/18 8pm PST
    Quote Originally Posted by official Coachella twitter
    Coachella ‏ @coachella
    Lose something? Contact the official #Coachella Lost & Found here: LandFguy@yahoo.com

from the official (currently closed) '09 lost and found thread found hyaa http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...FFICIAL-THREAD
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend
    WHEN YOU EMAIL US, THEN.....describe your item in great detail and how to get a hold of you. If you are looking for a camera, please also describe distinctive pictures, preferably non Coachella ones. Like your dog, wedding, kid birthday or something to prove its your camera.

Patience:
    KEEP IN MIND that there is still another weekend of coachella to go and then stagecoach the week after that. until then most of the forum/GV/coachella staff are REALLY FREAKIN BUSY and might not get back to you right away (purely speculation on my part but i'd say its pretty likely to be the case). on that note i will say that from what i've observed the past few years, the GV staff go to great lengths to reunite festival goers with their lost items that have been turned in. if you lost something and it was turned in to lost and found there is a very good chance you'll get your stuff back as long as you can identify it.

from the '07 lost and found thread, im guessing the quote below is still valid http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...-OFFICIAL-INFO
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend
    PLEASE DONT email us multiple times, it really slows down th e process.

If you are going to weekend two:
    plan to lose your shit (literally, figuratively, whatever). if you're bringing a camera consider taking a picture of your contact info. if your phone is locked with a code you might want to consider unlocking it for the weekend or putting a note in the battery compartment with contact info or tape it to the back. yes this pretty elementary school type stuff but it might help you get your item back quicker

IF YOU FIND A LOST ITEM ON THE FIELD THIS WEEKEND:
    my very strong personal opinion would be to NOT turn it in to the security personnel in the yellow jackets, but to walk it to the OFFICIAL LOST AND FOUND located by the lockers/cantina near the entrance as seen bottom left on the map below. yes its a pain in the ass but wouldnt you hope someone would do the same with your precious items? let the lost and found staff know when/where you found it if possible. (again i've found not all security guards are bad guys but i dont feel all can be trusted either. think of it this way: if you turn it in to the yellow jackets you stand a chance of giving a free item to the dude who was fondling your junk earlier that day. they have no oversight if no other security member sees you turn it in.)

i hope this helps some of you get your stuff back. time for me to resume procrastination of packing for weekend 2. see you on the fields!

Default Re: UNOFFICIAL 2012 lost and found guide (or how to get your stuff back)

if you post your missing stuff in this thread you are doing it wrong. go back to the first step

Default Re: UNOFFICIAL 2012 lost and found guide (or how to get your stuff back)

^^^

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

PF - thanks for the update!

I just emailed them and they are ridiculously good about getting back to people. Unfortunately they didn't have my camera I lost, but the customer service was awesome. Within 2 minutes of emailing them I had someone emailing me back trying to help me out.

I really appreciate that kind of effort!!!

ya that's me. emailing people back. posting photos. etc.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer