Thread: Departure from OC: 11pm Thursday or 5am Friday?

Default Departure from OC: 11pm Thursday or 5am Friday?

Can't decide which is better for car campers.. If we leave OC around 11pm we might not be able to make the 2am cut. (where do we end up parking/camping out? In line?) and if we leave Friday morning, heard there will be even crazier traffic and we might be getting a car camping spot farther from the fest maybe lot 10? Please help!! Stories from weekend one would help.

Default Re: Departure from OC: 11pm Thursday or 5am Friday?

Leave at 11 you're fine

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_socialite View Post
    Can't decide which is better for car campers.. If we leave OC around 11pm we might not be able to make the 2am cut. (where do we end up parking/camping out? In line?) and if we leave Friday morning, heard there will be even crazier traffic and we might be getting a car camping spot farther from the fest maybe lot 10? Please help!! Stories from weekend one would help.
    the drive is about 2-3 hours from OC depending on traffic. if you leave 5am on friday you're likely going to hit some weekday commuter traffic (if your'e in south OC you almost certainly will). the plus side is you should be set up in time to go into the fest by opening time but thats just a guess on my part.

leaving thursday nite will be a crapshoot. if there is one thing i've learned about coachella over the years its that you can never count on anything to be the same when it comes to parking/camping/security. if someone left OC around 11pm last thursday and made the cut, it doesnt mean you will. but maybe you will. you need to be flexible and just weigh the pros and cons of each worst case scenario and decide from there

Banned

you will make it to indio by 1 even with traffic which there won't be

What happens if we're in line but don't make the 2am cut? Would they redirect us to a different parking area or do we keep our spot in line?

After 2am they'd give you the birdie and let you sort out your own situation
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

I'm kind of on the same situation. Leave around 11pm or wake up early and head out from the SGV. Pretty much I decided, I'm leaving early Friday morning. The reason being, if I get there early, I will probably be not too far from where I would've been the night before, given the cut off time. I imagine the better lots will be pretty much full by the end of the day as well. Never been, so I don't have any experience to back this up.