Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 COACHELLA TIPS FOR THE NEWBIE!

Default Re: 25 COACHELLA TIPS FOR THE NEWBIE!

Yeah, now I'm trying to figure out what I'm wearing. Us damn girls.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Maybe we should start a thread specifically for discussing potential outfits. It'll be like getting ready for a night out..."Does this top make me look slutty? Are these earrings overkill? Do I have muffin top goin' on?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    Too true.

I was asking about being confortable too. Its not just for looks.
    So you're confirming you're good looking ??

Speaking for myself, I wear the lightest (weight wise) clothes possible. I have some Nike shorts made out of who knows what. Light & airy. Cotton tee-shirts. Boonie hat. Raybans.

Unlike most, I didn't bring a jacket or hoodie for the evening. I found the night temps very pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    So you're confirming you're good looking ??

Speaking for myself, I wear the lightest (weight wise) clothes possible. I have some Nike shorts made out of who knows what. Light & airy. Cotton tee-shirts. Boonie hat. Raybans.

Unlike most, I didn't bring a jacket or hoodie for the evening. I found the night temps very pleasant.
    Actually, no, Im not.

Unless, you like chubby girls. Then Im your dream.

Alright, so I'm not a girl that dresses up at all. No make up, no hair crap.

Is it okay to wear jeans? I hate shorts and jeans just seem more practical for both weather situations, also protection against burning. As for tops...just regular stuff like spagehti straps and halters will work?

Alos, considering the heat and how much I'll be sweating should I put on lotion on my face or should I buy sunblock with lotion in it? I dont' shop for cosmetic things much...are there even sunblocks made with lotions in them?

>.< In all reality, I'm probably going to pack day off leaving ^.^; just wanted some info. Sales are always good, and if I see anything tha works for Coachella, that's even better
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

If you're going to drink, get there early and before you see any bands, go get yourself a bracelet because if you wait to long those damn lines are like a mile long, also pace yourself cause once you start pissing unless you are in the vip area you are going to be in line for a couple of days, also print out a list of the groups you wanna see the most and get there early, you won't see all the groups because it is impossible. sleep, showering or eating I don't worry about, I live down the street on Ave. 52 in Coachella, so like my good friend Borat would say......NNIICCEE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by antpeople View Post
    Sorry - reading all this just makes me happy that I live in Arizona. I work outside so for being at Coachella - that's nothing. I know I am the envy when I sit the the grass in the sun and start talking to people, and they notice, "your not really sweating, where do you live?" Then I rub it in!! They day it was 100 at coachella, I had left 116. Belive me at 116 you can tell its cooler at 100.

blah blah blah
    Quit playin' man, Coachella is just as hot as Arizona, belive me I grew up in Coachella. if it's 100 in Coachella it is 100 in Arizona, it's the people that come from any other part of the states that can really tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

Is it okay to wear jeans? I hate shorts and jeans just seem more practical for both weather situations, also protection against burning. As for tops...just regular stuff like spagehti straps and halters will work?

Alos, considering the heat and how much I'll be sweating should I put on lotion on my face or should I buy sunblock with lotion in it? I dont' shop for cosmetic things much...are there even sunblocks made with lotions in them?

>.< In all reality, I'm probably going to pack day off leaving ^.^; just wanted some info. Sales are always good, and if I see anything tha works for Coachella, that's even better
    Waterproof sunblock does not exist. I put so much on my face that I looked like the Joker, but got burned big time.

Jeans are okay if you don't plan on being around much during the hottest hours. I wonder if any stores still sell those pants that zip off into shorts. I've never heard of people's legs burning at Coachella, either.

I can't remember...are you doing the Arcade Fire camp thing?

I didn't read the whole thread, so my apologies if this has already been said.

Research the bands. Study the lineup, and if you haven't heard of a band...look them up! There is a great thread in the Coachella Lounge with Coachella music. You can really maximize your experience by planning ahead. Plus you might get to see some really good shows!

Plan to survive. Coachella is a mission. I get there early, and leave when they close. If you plan to spend the whole day out there, pace yourself. Find time to relax and rest. Pick a few mellow bands beforehand so you know where to go to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

You can wear jeans if you think you'll be comfortable-jeans are heavy and will add weight-which will make you hotter. ON the other hand, your legs won't get burned if you forget to sunblock them. I wore a wife beater and capri pants last year and it worked out great for me.

You can buy really heavy duty sunblock specifically made for your face...I use Faces and I never get burned up there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    Actually, no, Im not.

Unless, you like chubby girls. Then Im your dream.
    Don't sell yourself short-nothing wrong with having some junk in your trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    You can wear jeans if you think you'll be comfortable-jeans are heavy and will add weight-which will make you hotter. ON the other hand, your legs won't get burned if you forget to sunblock them. I wore a wife beater and capri pants last year and it worked out great for me.

You can buy really heavy duty sunblock specifically made for your face...I use Faces and I never get burned up there.
    Jeans have always worked fine for me. If I sweat more, that's fine--it'll cool me off and I won't have to pee as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I found some great tips on these articles I found written by a guy named Kampy. This guy really knows his stuff. I never been to Coachella, but I read a few of his articles and they are really insightful. Check it out:

How to Camp On-Site at Coachella 2007

How to Find a Hotel Room for Coachella 2007

How to See a Band From the Front Row at Coachella 2007

There are more, so if any of you want some good stuff to read about Coachella. You shoudl check out his site.

Rock on Brothers and Sisters! See you at Coachella!

Long thread to read through but I haven't seen this on the list

BABY WIPES...great for cleaning up the dirt 'n sweat off your body and a nice cool down and great for when the Porto's are nasty, no TP 'n no hand wash...

Bring a power bar or some dried fruit, nut snack...it saves me every year and that less money at food court and more for water or whatever...

Schedule book...I love those damn things last year found 'em at the KROQ booth, previous years just kinda came up on 'em accidentally!!!

Dress lightly with something for backup come evening...That year it was 106 was gnarly...glad I had a windbreaker for the night walk to the car...

C DUB YA

I think you are going to save me and my little crew in our rookie year at Coachella thanks!!
    i die with you

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    THATS NOT THE BEER GARDENS, thats the VIP bar tents.
    Nope, I had a redbull with vodka at the beer garden area next to the sahara tent. I swear to god! There was a cutey bar tender and he gave me a discount...yippee!

I wasn't a VIP.
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

Yeah, I remember being able to buy shots in that particular beer garden as well. I think the beer garden over near the main stage (beside the VIP area) only had beer and wine however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

Question:

Are they sticklers about out of state id's for the wristbands? I.E. will they give you trouble? I would hope not, since people come from all over. (Over 21 BTW).

thanks for clearing that up, rampaige
    I was about ready to throw down with C DUB hehe
    Tiff's Myspace

Cheers C Dub Ya and everyone else for your tips, gonna save me a lotta hassle!

Quote Originally Posted by rampaige View Post
    Yeah, I remember being able to buy shots in that particular beer garden as well. I think the beer garden over near the main stage (beside the VIP area) only had beer and wine however.
    Hmmm I stand corrected - I just never go in them (beer gradens) anyways, well not since 2001, when I found it to be a waste of time and money trying to drink during Coachella. Cool though, thanks for the update.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Cool Re: 25 COACHELLA TIPS FOR THE NEWBIE!

Quote Originally Posted by rampaige View Post
    If you do the whole shebang...base, concealer, eye liner, eyeshadow, lipliner, lipstick etc...you are going to look like Tammy Faye Baker after about 20 minutes in that heat.
    Good imagery...

I'm starving... let's get some f*ckin french toast!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Von Sexron View Post
    I give the same advice every year...
    Water is $2 a bottle.
    Drink about 5+ bottles of water a day.
    That's about $10+ a day for water.
    BUDGET for it!
    Don't come on the message boards Monday after the festival complaining about how hot it was and water was soooo expensive.

what about a camelbak?
    it might cost you like $25-50, but you can hydrate yourself, & totally jam out hands free nothing to carry but a small back pack full of water (they have different sizes, ranging from 28-100oz + some have storage)
    check out camelbak.com
    or you can get em from like a sporting goods store
    Last edited by JinaZ; 02-08-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

That would be a fabulous tip in every way were it not for the fact that Camelbaks are not allowed at Coachella.

Tent signings?

HOW MUCH IS ONE BEER???

those zip off pants that people are talking about, are similar to these that can be found at REI (outdoor/camping/sports store in the US)
    http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...S_CLOTHING_TOC

A lot of companies have them, and they work great.

i think a beer is 7 bucks
    Tiff's Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post
    That would be a fabulous tip in every way were it not for the fact that Camelbaks are not allowed at Coachella.
    oh wow I didn't even see that one,, why aren't they allowed?? I don't get it... I think i'm seriously going to try to like sneak one in,, along with my flask... I'll figure out something.. like have you (or any one) ever tried to take one in??

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    Coachella is not expensive for people coming from the UK. We get pretty much $2.00 to 1.00. The exchange rate rocks.
    I second this. $2 (1) for a bottle of water is not at all expensive compared to English festivals. I remember them selling small cans of soft drinks for 1.50 last year.