Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 COACHELLA TIPS FOR THE NEWBIE!

Default Re: 25 COACHELLA TIPS FOR THE NEWBIE!

thansk for the tips really helps BUT im not gonna miss a single second of RAGE im gonna be waiting all morning,day, night to stand front row thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ratmfan105 View Post
    thansk for the tips really helps BUT im not gonna miss a single second of RAGE im gonna be waiting all morning,day, night to stand front row thank you
    I would call that statement idiotic. But that's what makes music beautiful.

Some people are so damn passionate about one band that they would consider standing all day in the heat, in one spot, and despite the fact that there is incredible bands only a couple hundred feet from them.. they remain locked into one spot at one stage.

Some people would think this quite unwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    you mean #Blowie2014

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aynalehcar View Post
    Want a cookie?
    Yes, please.

E

If the weekend is as humid as 3 years ago, a packet of Wet Ones will come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post
    They definitely had margaritas last year, and i'm pretty sure there was wine too. I even remember them having two different sizes until they ran out of big cups.
    The maragaritas were made with Soju, a rice wine type alcohol. No hard liquor at all (unless maybe in VIP areas).

Okay, a question for the ladies. What type of shoes work best? Vans? I want to look cute but have a feeling wearing boots might not work in my favor.

Also, any suggestions for cute hats? Cause uhh, the ones suggested so far are fug for us fashonistas.

Salt packets help when you are drinking a lot of water and losing salt by sweating. Grab some extra salt packets from somewhere outside, and bring them in. It really helps to beat the heat.

bring ear plugs
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    Okay, a question for the ladies. What type of shoes work best? Vans? I want to look cute but have a feeling wearing boots might not work in my favor.

Also, any suggestions for cute hats? Cause uhh, the ones suggested so far are fug for us fashonistas.

i wore my converse without socks and doc sandels. I would say no to flip flops unless you like sore toes.

I wore my sons' floppy hat from old navy . But they also sell hats there if you cant find one in time. I saw girls with cute cowboy hats all over the place. and was it mu imagination or were they selling parasels last year.
    "I am just a watery Tart with a sword in her hand."

Quote Originally Posted by tiffdud41 View Post
    not uhh...last year I had a redbull and vodka...there was wine...and you could even have a salty margarita if you wanted--there's full bar service

prices, of course, are outrageous, but that's just part of the coachella excitement
    THATS NOT THE BEER GARDENS, thats the VIP bar tents.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 01-27-2007 at 08:06 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    WHAT I WILL MEET YOU AT THE RAGE SET AND IT WILL BE LIKE THE BULLS ARE PARADING ON YOUR HEAD! BROTHER!
    Um, yeah, Sunday is going to suck, because of idiots like this.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    Um, yeah, Sunday is going to suck, because of idiots like this.
    Perhaps - but more than likely they'll either get there late, or just spend the day in front of the main stage and out of everyone else's way.

I hope though, that most folks will be there because they like music, and just not one band. It's the other bands that always surprise me.

I hope so. I do think the attendance is going to sweel like crazy about 5pm
    The Glitter Freeze

Note from Fat Bastard's wife with regards to women's shoes; Vans don't provide arch support and flip flops will not do. Tennis shoes are the way to go even if won't look fashionable.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Default Re: TIP FOR GUYS

Quote Originally Posted by tiffdud41 View Post
    there's this great stuff called vagisil powder...yeah I know, it's a girly product, but there are manly men I know that swear by it...it'll keep those thighs chaff free, and your balls dry and silky smooth in the desert heat...heheh
    Guys...here's the best advice you'll ever get. Gold Bond Powder. On your sac and thighs...Keeps you cool, dry, smooth, stick-free, and it even tingles for a few minutes after you put it on. It's like a party in your pants. Not a day has gone by in the past four years that I haven't Bonded before leaving the house.

Ladies Shoes--I bought some Danska Sandals from the walking store for Coachella about 4 years ago and they have become my concert shoes because they are so comfotable'they keep my feet cool and they have a wedge heel which makes me 1-1/2inches taller so I can see better. Whatever shoes you get make sure they are well broken in because you will walk miles at the festival!

um, my daughter is 13 and wants 2 go 2 the festival, is it a good idea and if so are there any tips you have to give me??

If you are going with its a good idea.

Seriously though, its about as safe as a festival can get. There is drug use, foul language and the usual stuff you see at concerts, but nothing too frightening.

Arranging transport will be difficult, she's prolly too young to camp, so I defer to others on getting to and from. Drop off early and pick up early.

I personally wouldn't let my 13 year old go without an adult, but thats me, and I go so he's goin too (when the time comes).
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 01-28-2007 at 07:51 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    A lot of people go for the entire weekend so thats why its there... Oh and mine is

Find Danny Devito and take picture...
    That's a good one cause we know he'll be there.

and most likely that stupid fuck all douche from the OC
    The Glitter Freeze

It was not humid three years ago. It was 108.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Ok...this is year 4 for me. Here's the best advice I can give to those seeking Coachella guidance.

1) B-U-D-G-E-T for water.
    I can't stress this enough. It's hot. 90-100 degrees. I'm born and raised in Phoenix so it's basically a cool spring day for me, but for the other %99 percent of you, I hate to see you drop like flies in the heat.
    Water is $2 a bottle. That's a great price for a festival like this. Bring about $20 a day just for water. Buy said water and drink plenty of it. It's that simple. Just do it. Just drink the damn water!
    And whatever you do...don't come to these message boards and post about how it was so hot, you almost passed out, and water was "so expensive." You will fill me with rage if you do so.

2) Budget in general.
    Start putting any money aside that you can now. I'm not rich, but I usually bring about $150 cash each day. Don't show up with $10 to your name unless you're one hell of a beggar, make friends fast, or have friends with money. Food, water, churros, merchandise...it adds up fast.

3) Bring cash. The ATM lines get long. You need cash for everything.

4) I recommend a backpack/fanny pack/man purse/ satchel/whatever.
    Personally, I recommending going to amazon.com or other such place and searching 'sling pack' or 'sling bag.' They're smaller and more conveinent than a backpack, but still allow for everything you need to bring. Which brings me to my next note....

5) Bring these items in the bag you bought above...
    - Sunblock - Put it on before you leave your hotel/tent. Don't forget your feet if you're wearing sandals, back of your neck, nose, ears, etc. Put it on again as needed.
    - Water bottles that you don't chug immediately after buying.
    - Wallet, cell phone, keys, etc...Beats loading down your pockets.
    - Long sleeve shirt. Just in case it gets chilly at night.
    - All the shit you're gonna buy! They always have great vendors selling shirts, bags, etc. I usually buy about 4 or 5 shirts each year. Just shove them in your bag instead of carrying them all day.
    - Facial wipes. Yeah, it's kinda feminine but oh well. When that sun goes down and you don't need the sunblock anymore, nothing like wiping off all that shit with an Oil of Olay moisturizing wipe.
    - Pepto/Immodium. For people like me that don't exactly have a steel stomach. Eating most festival food is a roll of the dice when it comes to how your system will react. I'm on three years without having to take a crap on festival grounds and I want to keep that streak alive.

6) Eat a churro. Eat a frozen lemonade. I think it's the law at Coachella. And with good reason.

7) Don't wear a cute/clever message shirt.
    You may think you're cool (which you weren't to begin with), but you'll really feel like a douche when you see 75 other kids in the same exact shirt from Target/Hot Topic that says something great like "I'm big in Europe" or "Stay classy" or whatever other bullshit shirt is popular at the time.

8) Don't be a douche.
    You wanna mosh to Wolf Parade? Great. I don't. That's why I'm standing about 30 yards from the stage. Therefore you don't need to shove me out of the way to get to the front. A simple hand on the shoulder and "Excuse me" will do just fine.

9) Book your hotel NOW if you haven't already.
    Like today. Like stop reading this and come back to it later if you still need to book your hotel. Unless you're camping.

10) Dont say a word about how hot it is.
    Yeah, we know.

11) Soak it all in...There's three different times throughout the day you need to just stop and look around.
    When you first walk in the gates.
    Sunset.
    Near the end of the night.

It's the best weekend of the year (for me at least). Make sure you enjoy it as much as you can.

all good tips!
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Von Sexron View Post
    6) Eat a churro.
    What the hell is a churro?

No. is it an american thing?

*I dont know how this ended up here. It was a response to the comment bellow?!?!?!?!?!*

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

You are joking, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyrad View Post
    What the hell is a churro?
    A little piece of heaven is what it is.

7) Don't wear a cute/clever message shirt.
    You may think you're cool (which you weren't to begin with), but you'll really feel like a douche when you see 75 other kids in the same exact shirt from Target/Hot Topic that says something great like "I'm big in Europe" or "Stay classy" or whatever other bullshit shirt is popular at the time.
    Mwa ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    A must!!!

quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Von Sexron View Post

11) Soak it all in...There's three different times throughout the day you need to just stop and look around.
    When you first walk in the gates.
    Sunset.
    Near the end of the night.
    Quoted for truth.

I would take my daughter to Coachella. There are plenty of "One Tree Hill" performers for her to see. It's good for kids to get out to see different things. I wish my parents were cool enough to have taken me to something like this.

I have seen fathers walking around in the past with who I'll assume is his daughter along with 2 friends or relatives.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.