Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoop Ban?

Default Hoop Ban?

Anyone know why hoops were banned the second day at Coachella? Got mine in thankfully cus i knew an artist but I saw a bunch that were confiscated... I thought it was pretty ridiculous. I had loads of people tell me they loved watching me hoop, lots of people wanted to try it too. I thought it was supposed to be a
    music and ARTS festival?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Hoop Ban?

Someone probably got choked on one.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

because your stupid fucking hula hoops get in the way. same reason there's no umbrellas or fucking flags or signs. keep that shit, and shoulder-perched-bitches, squarely away in the campground. I didn't pay to watch you act like a hippie and take up prime real estate in crowds

Some people had a kindergarten parachute thing during the Vaccines. It was fucking awesome.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

the parachute, I strangely supported. I think that's well over the line from object-based nuisance into baller-ass group activity.

Who gives a shit about your stupid hoola hoops??? Nobody wants you to hoola hoop while they are trying to listen to/watch good bands play.
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Wow you guys fucking suck. I don't mind when you all throw your frisbees around, or elbow people in the face, or trip over me like a drunken fool, or wear a bunch of glowing distracting stuff. Do what you want! its all part of going to a FESTIVAL. I don't care about umbrellas either, especially in the sun! Do what you do and have fun, I don't go hoop up in the front or anything I chill out where there is a WIDE OPEN SPACE. Fuckin stupid bros are ruining coachella. Don't hate on people having a good time, I don't hate on everyone else when they do annoying shit, I just want people to have fun.

Also mine is collapsable so it doesn't get in the way any more than a backpack does.

And if you read my origional post, LOTS of people LOVED my hooping, I got stopped loads of times by people saying it was absolutely beautiful, and even got interviewed and photographed by a reporter. Stop being such a fucking hater and chill the fuck out.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

YEAH STOP BEING A HATER YOU IDIOTS
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

I'm beginning to think that security is instructed to let certain "banned" items in every so often, but not TOO many in. Enough to keep the festival interesting, but not enough that they're everywhere. There's no way to sneak a led umbrella/hoop past security, even with their half-assed searches. I saw enough of them this weekend that im pretty sure they were purposely let through.

I agree. When I asked security they said they banned lightsabers and decorated staffs, but I saw people blatently taking those through security too.

Yep, tons of rage sticks too. Were glowsticks "banned"? I can see wanting to limit flags and sticks, but they really add personality to the atmosphere, especially at night.

Nah, those were fine. I love seeing stuff like crazy staffs and umbrellas, especially with lights, I think it adds to the festival, just like costumes do. I saw a dope sunflower umbrella that had led's in it. It's so much fun seeing the awesome stuff people make and bring in. I saw tons of led wire costumes that were hella cool!

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    because your stupid fucking hula hoops get in the way. same reason there's no umbrellas or fucking flags or signs. keep that shit, and shoulder-perched-bitches, squarely away in the campground. I didn't pay to watch you act like a hippie and take up prime real estate in crowds
    Frozen Pilgrim you are the epitome of an asshole and a class A douchebag! Who elected you and decided what a music festival is supposed to be?

Hoopers hoop on the outside edges of a crowd because crowds of people walk right into hoops, so your beef with losing prime real estate is not real. You are full of shit. I don't know what your beef is. I think some hot sexy hooper rejected your ugly ass, and made you piss yourself in front of her. Either way, I know you are not getting any if you are trolling coachella message boards. Loser!

Btw - Shiloh you rock!

Solid first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Very strong in fact.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohV View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be a music and ARTS festival?
    Still my favorite part of this thread. Hooping = ART

funny about the umbrellas...i got told that "everyone hates me" before Dre by some European because i told a couple people in front of me to put their fucking umbrellas down, which just so happened to be blocking damn near the whole stage. FUCK UMBRELLAS.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

I had no idea that Luca was a pants pisser.
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Hooping = ART
    This may change your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

We brang a hoop every night at dark....every hot girl loved it and it's like a chick magnet. I met a lot of gorgeous women and some of them were really good. Most were 24-40. Some taught lessons in HB.

They make humping motions and smile and dance....where is the douchery in that?

We do it outside the tents or in the do lab, but at sbtrkt we had a fat ass crowd of girls taking turns while everyone cheered and took pics....the ladies were going wild.

I'll post pics in here of smiles and lights and hooping.....

Totally ruining everyone's time.

And if you read my origional post, LOTS of people LOVED my hooping, I got stopped loads of times by people saying it was absolutely beautiful, and even got interviewed and photographed by a reporter. Stop being such a fucking hater and chill the fuck out.
    Just because people say it is beautiful doesn't mean it actually is beautiful. People are sort of stupid, by and large.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

I actually don't mind hoopers, even though it's really a "look at me! look at me!" thing that I normally despise.

careful you're starting to sound like baily

Anyone know why hoops were banned the second day at Coachella? Got mine in thankfully cus i knew an artist but I saw a bunch that were confiscated... I thought it was pretty ridiculous. I had loads of people tell me they loved watching me hoop, lots of people wanted to try it too. I thought it was supposed to be a
    music and ARTS festival?
    it is. you just aren't a hired musician or artist

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    careful you're starting to sound like baily
    BITE YOUR TONGUE

I like watching the hula hoopers.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Thanks bassnev! Couldn't have said it better myself =) this made me laugh