Thread: 2 Security Checks?!?!?!

Default 2 Security Checks?!?!?!

With the new entrance coming from Avenue 49 I though our walk into the fest would have been quite shorter seeing as we wouldn't have to walk all the way down Monroe to the Ave. 52 entrance. I knew there would be a wait to get into the fest once we got there. After going through what I thought was our only security checkpoint after standing in line for 25 + minutes and actually seeing security guards touching peoples junk, having them have people take off their shoes, and basically be treated as criminals, I was excited to get into the fest. But then turning the corner to the entrance to only see yet another security checkpoint and have to wait another 20 minutes to actually get into the fest every day was disheartening to say the least.

You should make a separate entrance for those walking to the fest from Avenue 49 and those camping. Fix it.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Default Re: 2 Security Checks?!?!?!

yeah, the day parking situation was retarded. friday we parked in 14d i believe? the walk was nice. saturday we had to go in where car camping was and park and walk all the way through camping and get checked twice. ugh. then sunday was the same as friday but we ended up in 14b. why can't they stick to one thing all weekend AND mark day parking a bit better? it was hard after going all day to find our car.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Quitter

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    With the new entrance coming from Avenue 49 I though our walk into the fest would have been quite shorter seeing as we wouldn't have to walk all the way down Monroe to the Ave. 52 entrance. I knew there would be a wait to get into the fest once we got there. After going through what I thought was our only security checkpoint after standing in line for 25 + minutes and actually seeing security guards touching peoples junk, having them have people take off their shoes, and basically be treated as criminals, I was excited to get into the fest. But then turning the corner to the entrance to only see yet another security checkpoint and have to wait another 20 minutes to actually get into the fest every day was disheartening to say the least.

You should make a separate entrance for those walking to the fest from Avenue 49 and those camping. Fix it.
    It's the same as it was last year. One check-point to get into the camp grounds and a second, naturally, to get into the festival.

I never entered from the campgrounds before, always from parking by Ave 52, so maybe that is why it is all new to me. Dumb system for those not camping.

And yes, THE PRODIGY 2013!
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Yes, this annoys the fuck out of me. I don't know if I'm going in the wrong way or what, but from the direction we ride our bikes, we have no choice but to go to the outer entrance first, lock our bikes, get searched, walk a mile, then get searched again. A few years ago we used to be able to ride our bikes all the way to the main entrance but now we always get stopped at the outer perimeter. And I saw a bike lot on the map, but how the fuck do I get in there? The last couple years they always make you stop at the perimeter.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

15A (I think) was THE parking lot to try to get into. Nice easy walk and only 1 security check if I remember right.

Everyone I carpooled with gasped in surprise when I told them there was no charge to park so I'm still thankful for the free dayparking.

Big ups to the State Farm golf cart shuttles. I didn't even have a State Farm wristband and I got free rides up and down that long stretch through the campgrounds. The drivers were super friendly.
    Last edited by flowbee; 04-19-2012 at 02:04 PM.

AGREED. This sucked. Luckily I didn't have too much of a line at either security checkpoint, but it sucked having to be checked twice. We were coming from lot 2A. When we parked at 14E, we were only checked once.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Wow. I parked in 14 and 15 all weekend and the worst part was the line to park. Don't even get me started on the lack of signage on the street closures.

My favorite lot of the weekend was 14E. Took about 5 minutes to exit on Sunday after Snoop and Dre. Then drove up to 54th to avoid the Monroe traffic. It was beautiful.

old school

I took the shuttle in everyday in 2011 and 2012. The extra security check was annoying and unnecessary as last was only 1 gate. Sitting in line for a solid hour at 1 in the afternoon also sucked. How bad was in the mid afternoon when the crowds start surging?

Totally agree - we need separate entrances for walkers, and shuttle buses so we`re not all thrown in with the campers AFTER already going through security once.....not that hard to do....we missed the first acts we wanted to see on both Friday (Sheepdogs) and Saturday (Suedehead) because of these delays! Also, shuttles coming from waaay out (Agua Caliente, etc) should start earlier than 11.....

Definitely need separate checks like previous years for non campers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    yeah, the day parking situation was retarded. friday we parked in 14d i believe? the walk was nice. saturday we had to go in where car camping was and park and walk all the way through camping and get checked twice. ugh. then sunday was the same as friday but we ended up in 14b. why can't they stick to one thing all weekend AND mark day parking a bit better? it was hard after going all day to find our car.
    I'm guessing you showed up earlier on Friday and Sunday. If you'd look at the map there are designated parking areas for day parking are 14 and 15, when they are full, they routed people to 13/13a. Happened to us on Sunday because we arrived after 1. Other days, we were there round 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

the two security checks kind of pissed me off Friday, because I. Just. Wanted. In. but after that it was fine. the lines at the far ends of the security check are always short as fuck.

people seem to love standing in lines so they can bitch about them later.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

The women didn't get a choice of lines. First 2 lines on Friday and 3 lines the rest of the weekend through security #1.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

there was still a 'femaile' line at either end. and seriously, by halfway through saturday, they were just letting people walk in anyway. shit isn't fucking hard.

OMG I HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR 10 MINUTES TO GET TO THE MOST WONDERFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD WOE IS ME
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    there was still a 'femaile' line at either end. and seriously, by halfway through saturday, they were just letting people walk in anyway. shit isn't fucking hard.

OMG I HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE FOR 10 MINUTES TO GET TO THE MOST WONDERFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD WOE IS ME
    I wish it was only 10 minutes! Try an hour through 1 check. When I went through there was only the first 3 lines, obviously for you it was easy...good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post

You are an idiot. The extent of the search completely varies, depending on: the time of day; the entrance you are going through; the security guard who happens to be checking you; whether there are police officers around; etc.

Only an idiot like you would make such a generalized statement like "seriously, by halfway through saturday, they were just letting people walk in anyway. shit isn't fucking hard."

Fucking moron.