Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ban All Los Angelians From Coachella

Default Re: Ban All Los Angelians From Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by sittingsideways View Post
    I'm going to have to agree, besides the talk of scarecrow with aids comment. Me and my friends have been to coachella twice (2006,2007) and bonnaroo twice (2009,2010) and the people attending Coachella nowaday's is actually hurting the festival. Never before have i seen such unwillingness to get to know other people, to even start conversation. I know it was over 100, but just because you've never been to a festival before doesn't mean jump in your car and blast the air conditioning all day long and put on makeup. I used to hate hipsters, but i'm okay now... its the Bro's. Never before have i been to a festival and have so many fucking people leave after a band will play their biggest single. And another thing, WATCH THE FUCKING MUSIC!!! don't pull your phone out and record a song, while 50 percent of the rest of the crowd is doing the same thing. You want to smoke a ciggarette? Walk away from other people... don't smoke 10 ciggarettes in the middle of a tent while everyone is struggling to breath already with the humid heat. The bottom line is this festival is being over ran with people that have absolutely ZERO business being at a festival. One of my favorite things about going to a festival is when your done seeing a set, you go back to camp and you talk with 6 other strangers about how awesome Radiohead was. Can't do that at this festival, people are too self absorbed and prickish.
    sittingsidewaysonachainsaw.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-25-2012 at 04:45 PM.

The sad part is that I actually agree with a lot of what that guy said. I always talk to everyone at festivals, especially when I'm drunk, because usually it's just my g/f and I and we love getting to know new people and having a good time. At this year's Coachella a lot of people seemed kind of standoff ish. And a lot of people that were there were people that I wouldnt even want to talk to anyway. Kind of sad because Coachella wasn't like this at all as close as three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    The sad part is that I actually agree with a lot of what that guy said. I always talk to everyone at festivals, especially when I'm drunk, because usually it's just my g/f and I and we love getting to know new people and having a good time. At this year's Coachella a lot of people seemed kind of standoff ish. And a lot of people that were there were people that I wouldnt even want to talk to anyway. Kind of sad because Coachella wasn't like this at all as close as three years ago.
    this was my 4th year attending...im a bit shocked, but not surprised at this^... exactly how me and my crew felt... mad people just coming to coachella to say they went to coachella, with absolutely no heart, no musical interest....a quote of one of my neighbors that seemed to represent a large population this year - "..i'm about to go to childish gambino, he's the only artist that i really know anything about this year.." then i was completely stunned and almost died of heat stroke
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

If you're at Coachella, from LA, and you're not a bro or hipster, you probably complain about them enough to be just as annoying.

Or you're a BroHipster hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Or you're a BroHipster hybrid.

Brohipster? Do they actually exist?

Bropster.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    with all the pain in the world and Urban Outfitters sadding the navajo yall should not use the word "scalpers" please increase the peace.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I don't know or care where they came from but the rude people that constantly push hard through the crowds and knocked people to the ground without a sorry or assistance(saw it happen twice). Please Stay Home next year.

There wasn't that many rude people, but there was more than any other year I've been.

Coachella is a place to enjoy good music, art and people. Relax, enjoy and if you want to get in front of me, graciously slip on by with a smile and have a good time.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

I have not enjoyed people at Coachella in years.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I flat-out fucking dislike people...kind of strange that I love music festivals so much.

Come to think of it I don't even hang out with anyone except my gf at festivals.
    Last edited by Bons222000; 04-25-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Do you fucking dislike her too, or do you just fuck her?

I'll fuck her for you while you continue to be a chump.

fuck you guys whine a lot.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Freedom of expression
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Coachella Junkie

My dickhole just vomited up a 1/16th scale replica of Santa Monica Boulevard.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    My dickhole just vomited up a 1/16th scale replica of Santa Monica Boulevard.
    A true artist at work. I'm hoping this display will be in the campgrounds next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

VigoTheCarpathian

Lots of AIDZ on the campgrounds

These need to roam the campgrounds.

VigoTheCarpathian

Why don't you just fuck some people you sicko

false. not all girls are like that from la. i am a girl from los angeles, i love music, i hate rude people, and don't like being clumped together with those annoying ass wannabe hipster blonde bitches that crowd coachella and look stupid. not everyone is like that! but yes, girls like that should be banned, and there should truly be an iq test to get a coachella ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by carlycklein View Post
    false. not all girls are like that from la. i am a girl from los angeles, i love music, i hate rude people, and don't like being clumped together with those annoying ass wannabe hipster blonde bitches that crowd coachella and look stupid. not everyone is like that! but yes, girls like that should be banned, and there should truly be an iq test to get a coachella ticket.
    OH IRONY
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

If LA can ban dope stores, then Coachella should ban dopes.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    OH IRONY
    What's ironic about this? Because she mentioned an IQ test? She loves music, she hates rude people, she thinks there should be an IQ test to get a ticket. Not a new opinion to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Ban California from Coachella
    The only logical next step.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    What's ironic about this? Because she mentioned an IQ test? She loves music, she hates rude people, she thinks there should be an IQ test to get a ticket. Not a new opinion to say the least.
    I can't tell if you are being meta-ironic here or what.

Let's ban all meta-ironic people from Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by carlycklein View Post
    You should use something other than your real name that links directly to your facebook page. Maybe you should re-think that IQ comment. Just sayin'...
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 09-04-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I don't know what she posted to deserve someone putting a link to her Facebook page in here. Plus, she's just in high school so who cares if she posts something that a high-school kid might post?

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    I don't know what she posted to deserve someone putting a link to her Facebook page in here. Plus, she's just in high school so who cares if she posts something that a high-school kid might post?
    Yeah I actually retracted the link after I looked at the profile.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I totally see why this thread was started, but i think it's kind of being a little too stereotypical...only reason i say this is because not everybody from LA is a hipster wannabe, white trash aids walking fuck face...but its the people who move to LA from everywhere else around the world who really put down the LA native's reputation. they're the ones who make it seem like they are inconsiderate people, rude and don't like music and DEF need an IQ test (fucking IDIOTS!). i personally think that the natives from LA are the most down to earth people who also hate the fuck heads who move to LA because they think its so cool and are there to make it in the industry but end up serving or bar-tending for the rest of their life......and then move back to their parents house from wherever they came from.

i am totally down for this IQ test to get into coachella.
    i think that every year they just keep getting stupider and stupider....and rude and inconsiderate and retarded and a waste of life and air...its not just the LA people...its people who claim they are "so LA" who really are from everywhere else around the world.

"oh the irony"