Thread: Art Installs

Default Art Installs

They sucked this year.
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Default Re: Art Installs

The art has been terrible since 2010. This year was an embarrassment. They should just take out "and arts" from the name so they don't mislead people.
    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    This is an outdoor music festival, go suck a fuck. If you don't like it, stay home.

Agreed!! No Tesla Coil NO COACHELLA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm the number one Jedi.

I'm doing my best to stimulate people's minds with art anywhere and anytime I can.

Coachella should give me a 5,000 budget and five crew members and let me geek out the festival.

I actually REALLY liked the Gateway with the animated projection on it. Everything else was just okay.

Past years (Sorry, my computer or for some reason does not allow me to post youtube videos on this site.)
    http://youtu.be/Wok6Q7rwyZ0

http://youtu.be/gKn1TuVCsSg

http://youtu.be/FFl3E5ypdls

I liked "gateway" this year and I guess maybe the wind prevented them from assembling "Triad"? That looks like it would have been cool. Other than "Gateway" theres nothing worth mentioning. I remember coming home from my first Coachella in 2009 and raving about the art to anybody that would listen. It was part of the reason I went back. After this year I don't even consider art part of the experience.
    Last edited by Kropladop; 04-18-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    This is an outdoor music festival, go suck a fuck. If you don't like it, stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kropladop View Post
    Past years (Sorry, my computer or for some reason does not allow me to post youtube videos on this site.)
    http://youtu.be/Wok6Q7rwyZ0
    http://youtu.be/gKn1TuVCsSg
    http://youtu.be/FFl3E5ypdls

I liked "gateway" this year and I guess maybe the wind prevented them from assembling "Triad"? That looks like it would have been cool. Other than "Gateway" theres nothing worth mentioning. I remember coming home from my first Coachella in 2009 and raving about the art to anybody that would listen. It was part of the reason I went back. After this year I don't even consider art part of the experience.
    Wow. By comparison, I see what you mean. Those are amazing!

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I stared at the Lotus for the whole Beats Antique set while my feet were sinking into the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    I actually REALLY liked the Gateway with the animated projection on it. Everything else was just okay.
    that was my fav this year
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

trakball

I thought the Gateway and the flower-crane thingy were beautiful.

the flower crane didn't show up until sunday though? unless i was smokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

trakball

I think it went up Saturday. It wasn't there on Friday, for sure.

Most of the art this year was uninspiring, especially compared to years past, but most of it came to life at night. I thought the grounds looked spectacular Sunday night.
    07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by trakball View Post
    I think it went up Saturday. It wasn't there on Friday, for sure.
    It went up sunday. I guess it had electrical problems and coachella gave them 24hrs to fix it.