Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 158

Thread: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

  1. #121

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    I walked by Atari Teenage Riot and their aural assault on the 60 people in that tent.

    Jesus.
    Best Coachella set ever

  2. #122
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,982

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    I didn't see a single set that I thought was bad. Unless you count the 30 minutes or so I spent relaxing in the rose garden and (over)hearing some DJ named Alesso or something. God that was dreadful.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Even Wallpaper was entertaining in a sense.

  4. #124
    Member shiezza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    The worst stuff i heard this weekend was when i was waiting for alcohol in the beer garden by the sahara at night. So many shitty remixes of levels/save the world how can anyone not be bored of that crap
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

  5. #125
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    I walked by Atari Teenage Riot and their aural assault on the 60 people in that tent.

    Jesus.
    I felt really bad for them.

    I don't like their genre of music, and so had no interest in their set. But ... they're legendary, as foundational to their genre as Kraftwerk is to EDM. And there was <em>nobody there</em>.

  6. #126

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Airplane boys were rocking out to 20 people at a few points of their set.

  7. #127
    old school Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nyc metro area
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    the weeknd sounded like shit. frank ocean was also disappointing but not as bad. firehose and ema were also two of the worst i saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    I felt really bad for them.

    I don't like their genre of music, and so had no interest in their set. But ... they're legendary, as foundational to their genre as Kraftwerk is to EDM. And there was <em>nobody there</em>.
    There were people (including myself) at ATR.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmD52uzeMdA
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

  9. #129
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Real Estate was the only disappointing set for me. The music is fine but there's absolutely no reason to see the band live, unless you have a thing for tepid bathwater.

  10. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    111

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    I didn't think The Weeknd was bad, but given the sunset time slot, the outdoor stage, the full band... I expected more and was kind of regretting not seeing at least some of Nero.

  11. #131
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by socalguy100 View Post
    There were people (including myself) at ATR.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmD52uzeMdA
    'nobody' is a relative term. i walked across the tent to go from point A to point B; it was the second smallest crowd i've ever seen (after scala&kolacny bros)

  12. #132
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Just another day in paradise, Sigh ...
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    SAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIL!
    RRRIIIIIDDDEE NNNNOOOOOOWWWW!
    YEAH, SSSSAAAIIILLLL OOOONNNNN!
    Sorry
    To each their own in this case, but for the bands on Friday, it was fantastic to even have performances considering the challenging weather. Some equipment issues too, but hasn't there been some positive in every event? Especially for all the options ...
    Although I wasn't as impressed as I could have been with the headliners on Sunday night either, as there were some conditions that were not met. Sure anybody that dare states they weren't awed will be open for criticism, although there were moments of greatness along with the fundamental historic notoriety of the event.
    Last edited by Frank N. Blunt; 04-19-2012 at 01:53 PM.

  13. #133
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,226

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    'nobody' is a relative term. i walked across the tent to go from point A to point B; it was the second smallest crowd i've ever seen (after scala&kolacny bros)
    I was there too. Tiny crowd, but ATR was killing it up there. Wish more people had seen this than, say, the Black Keys.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  14. #134

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    Real Estate was the only disappointing set for me. The music is fine but there's absolutely no reason to see the band live, unless you have a thing for tepid bathwater.
    Agree completely. The music is excellent, but I would just as soon have put them on a pool side boom box and chilled that way.

  15. #135
    Member Coldchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Yuck and it pains me to say that because I really like the album. Sound wasn't great and the lead singer was scaring me with his sickly appearance. I was genuinely worried for his health.
    Last edited by Coldchella; 04-19-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: typo

  16. #136

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    He pees on himself
    HAHAHAAHA!!! I love this. I don't know why.
    For those saying Mazzy Star was bad...its partially true...Hope was weirded out and the band was way out of practice with each other, but mainly the levels/mics were not at the right volume. All the "music" drowned out the voice. It didn't quite come together until the last couple of songs...which is too long for most to wait around because there is so much radness going on at other stages. Sahara was pretty horrible this year. I stayed out of it as much as possible with few exceptions (Jacques Lu Cont, etc.)
    Feist stole my heart away! FANTASTIC! Sound was soooo tight!

    Ready for WEEKEND 2 --- Artist passes and all YUMP!
    Let's see if Mazzy Star can keep it together, they have such a great sound.

  17. #137
    Member Twattycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    946

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Being subjected to Girl Talk's infernal mishmash machine waiting for ATDI at the mainstage was absolutely painful. The horror came to its apex when he started mixing Karma Police with top 40 hits. Other then that, I was not terribly impressed with Neon Indian, but I hear that if I were closer to the stage, they sounded a lot better.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

  18. #138
    Member venturas90sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Being subjected to Girl Talk's infernal mishmash machine waiting for ATDI at the mainstage was absolutely painful. The horror came to its apex when he started mixing Karma Police with top 40 hits.
    Oh geez I know! I remember hearing that and thinking "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!"

    My worst moment had to be my only brush with the Sahara tent this weekend. My bf and I were enjoying a nice leisurely stroll to look at some of the art and decided to check out Sahara as we hadn't stepped foot in there yet. Before even approaching the tent there was a horrid influx of dancing bros and then...that awful wave of WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB BOOMBOOMBOOM buildupbuildup BASS DROP!!! Apparently the atrocity in there at the time was Zed's Dead. More like Sound Dead.
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

  19. #139
    old school DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Awful wave of buildup and drop? Break yo'self.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

  20. #140

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    For me the worst experience was Gotye, but it wasn't really the artist's fault so much as the crowd.

    The band who was least interesting was the Sheepdogs. Just boring music.

    In terms of who is the worst live performer, that would have to be Azealia Banks, and I say that as someone who really likes her and really kind of expected this. She's just so inexperienced. During her hit, her studio voice was dueting with her, and at times she's lose her breath and only the studio voice would be going. The duet also really made it obvious how she isn't really able to have the same command in her delivery live. Here's hoping she keeps improving, but it was really too soon for her to be playing on this scale.

  21. #141
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    You're weird.

  22. #142

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    The absolute worst band I saw at Week 1 was AWOLNATION. I only saw them because I was at the Coachella stage all day to see Radiohead and did not want to lose my spot in the front row. Seriously AWOLNATION is a poorman's Bamboozled/Warped tour band, not fitting into Coachella. They were so bad that I was the guy who yelled out to them "I am here to see Radiohead!" in between one of their songs. All the lead "singer" could say was "look at your face". What a "witty talent" he is. Fortunately, Coachella books so many great bands year after year that AWOLNATION are a mere asterick that will soon be forgotten by most people, except those who watch Fuse on Saturday night, instead of going out. If anyone else has a worst band for week 1, I am curious.
    ..and incidentally, I liked Awolnation and think it's pretty unfortunate when people waste their time suffering through non-headliners they don't like just so they can be close to the more popular band later on.

  23. #143
    Member Nealocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by reijk View Post
    ..and incidentally, I liked Awolnation and think it's pretty unfortunate when people waste their time suffering through non-headliners they don't like just so they can be close to the more popular band later on.
    I agree, AWOLNATION was far from the worst band.. I actually enjoyed most of their stuff especially when Macy Gray jumped on. Only problem I had with them was when he kept telling people to crowd surf even though it was totally not the right music.

  24. #144
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vegas baby
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    I remember you. You were the dirty hippy guy on the guard rail.
    You sure your not mad because he landed on you as he body surfed. They play a good set don't hate.

  25. #145

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    I agree, AWOLNATION was far from the worst band.. I actually enjoyed most of their stuff especially when Macy Gray jumped on. Only problem I had with them was when he kept telling people to crowd surf even though it was totally not the right music.
    Ha, well the thing about Awolnation, the dude's just a bit goofy. Hard music, screaming...but full of positivity. I won't claim it totally works, but for me at least, it works more often than not. I do think it's a bit lame that the singer tells the audience to crowdsurf...but on the other hand I love seeing a singer crowdsurf (which he also did).

  26. #146

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Don't really know any bad ones from what I saw, but a friend watched a bit of Yuck and said it was one of the wort shows he has ever seen. I was disappointed by The Weeknd, but it wasn't bad, just not what I was hoping for.

  27. #147
    Member DirtyPistol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    The absolute worst band I saw at Week 1 was AWOLNATION. I only saw them because I was at the Coachella stage all day to see Radiohead and did not want to lose my spot in the front row. Seriously AWOLNATION is a poorman's Bamboozled/Warped tour band, not fitting into Coachella. They were so bad that I was the guy who yelled out to them "I am here to see Radiohead!" in between one of their songs. All the lead "singer" could say was "look at your face". What a "witty talent" he is. Fortunately, Coachella books so many great bands year after year that AWOLNATION are a mere asterick that will soon be forgotten by most people, except those who watch Fuse on Saturday night, instead of going out. If anyone else has a worst band for week 1, I am curious.
    I've been avoiding this board all week due to recovery and PCD and just ran through all the pages in this thread and am probably beating a dead horse but... I'm still blown away about the weirdness of KROQKen camping out by ONE STAGE ALL DAY??? Christ, there is so much to do and see, not to mention eat and drink and still be able to see tons of killer bands on many stages with awesome viewpoints at Coachella. Blowing it is the first thing that comes to my mind.

    Also what is with KROQ? That abomination of a radio station is an embarrassment that no one should want to be associated with. Don't they mainly play all the shitty "Bamboozled/Warped Tour" bands that you made fun of?

  28. #148
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,990

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    radio dj's don't always actually like the music they have to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  29. #149
    Member DirtyPistol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    radio dj's don't always actually like the music they have to play.
    If he's an actual DJ there shouldn't he have backstage hookups or a press pass at least?

  30. #150
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,310

    Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPistol View Post
    I've been avoiding this board all week due to recovery and PCD and just ran through all the pages in this thread and am probably beating a dead horse but... I'm still blown away about the weirdness of KROQKen camping out by ONE STAGE ALL DAY??? Christ, there is so much to do and see, not to mention eat and drink and still be able to see tons of killer bands on many stages with awesome viewpoints at Coachella. Blowing it is the first thing that comes to my mind.

    Also what is with KROQ? That abomination of a radio station is an embarrassment that no one should want to be associated with. Don't they mainly play all the shitty "Bamboozled/Warped Tour" bands that you made fun of?
    if this is how he enjoys coachella then who are you to tell him he's doing it wrong?

    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Similar Threads

  1. Worst band of the 00's?
    By Boourns in forum Polls
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 09:11 AM
  2. FNM is the worst band in the world.
    By ghornett in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 05:45 AM
  3. worst band of coachella
    By unknowndrummer66 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 10:46 PM
  4. Worst band I have ever seen!
    By TommyboyUNM in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
  5. Worst band of the 90's?
    By Boourns in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •