Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

Default Re: Worst Coachella 2012 Band.

Quote Originally Posted by thepoetblue View Post
    Seriously, WALLPAPER was fucking stupid. I said to my friends, "This is fucking stupid" and then we all left.
    Haha Wallpaper was the first act I saw, caught like the last two songs including the one I knew from the video someone here posted (#stupidfacedd or something). I went in expecting big dumb rap and I actually got less of that than expected. The two drummers thing was kinda cool. Saw a lot of two drummer setups this weekend (Hello Seahorse!, Radiohead of course, Gotye, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by sk8njam View Post
    i went back and forth from stage to stage and saw complete sets of plenty of bands, and still managed to make it front row to At the Drive In, which also made me front row for the snoop/dre set...youre just not trying bud

so what youre telling me is you spend $300 for a festival with over 100 bands and you just choose to stick by one stage the whole time??? you either dont really enjoy music or are just completely comfortable with wasting your $$$
    I agree - I saw plus or minus 60 bands this weekend - but what do you think about people that just lie around on the ground and shit, or spend half the day in the campground and miss half the bands? I think those people are pissing their money doin stuff they could do elsewhere, but however they want to do Coachella is their prerogative...

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I agree - I saw plus or minus 60 bands this weekend - but what do you think about people that just lie around on the ground and shit, or spend half the day in the campground and miss half the bands? I think those people are pissing their money doin stuff they could do elsewhere, but however they want to do Coachella is their prerogative...
    i relaxed on the ground a few times during each day, but just for maybe like 10 minutes at a time...i have fun in the crowds especially in the pits if there is one, combine that with like 3 hours of sleep each day and i was feelin pretty exhausted at times...and i used my relaxing time to roll joints/(blunts after i lost my papers somehow...the general store didnt sell papers but they sold blueberry and apple wraps)

but i was definitely not wasting my $$$, i took full advantage each day...i know what u mean though...i feel like i would walk to another set and when i would walk back the same guy would be in the same damn spot

I actually hated M83, but a lot of people said they liked them. Am I crazy?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Atari Teenage Riot..
    RAC or The Knife.. 4/09
    Coachella w1
    Jagwar Ma 4/16
    Flume 4/20
    Deafheaven 4/25
    Tycho 5/08
    Gesaffelstein 5/23
    Mac DeMarco 7/11
    Arctic Monkeys/Black Rebel Motorcycle Club 8/7
    FYF FEST

Pulp.

I will not fall for the cheesedick riffs, nor get sucked into his giddyfairy stage show. I love how people take this character he plays while yelping those cringe worthy lyrics seriously.
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by gkstull View Post
    What kind of limp-dick comeback is that? Shoo Fly, Don't bother me...

Anyway, the reason I say they is because of her accompanying band of teenage looking people, who all looked like some mash-up of the characters in The Breakfast Club. It wasn't interesting, it wasn't good, and when I say not good, I mean there was nothing desirable about what they presented.

Besides, what exactly does "critically acclaimed" count for? Hell, people 'in the know' thought the last Spoon and Yeasayer albums were good, and that Justice's Audio Video Disco was a 'bad prog record...'
    I think the part that you are missing is that you are a cretinous douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Biggest disappointments for me were Yuck, Wild Flag, and fIREHOSE. I think Yuck was having some serious technical difficulties, which threw off their performance. Wild Flag wasn't playing together, maybe that could have been helped with a little more practice. fIREHOSE was just awful. I skipped out to hear the last half of AWOLnation, which was pretty bad too, so that Saturday time slot was just a big miss for me.

Biggest surprise for me was At the Drive-In. I loved them.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I think the part that you are missing is that you are a cretinous douchebag
    Well gee, coming from you of all people (And I use the term loosely) that's really heartwarming, especially since you took the time to go look up cretinous. I appreciate the improvement in effort, I really do.

Swedish House Mafia was horrible. cool visuals but their show put me to sleep. they were amazing when they actually played house music in 2010, now its just shitty mainstream music with predictable mixing patterns and pyrotechtinictics.

^ Did they play Coachella in 2010? I don't see them on the lineup poster.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8njam View Post
    i went back and forth from stage to stage and saw complete sets of plenty of bands, and still managed to make it front row to At the Drive In, which also made me front row for the snoop/dre set...youre just not trying bud

so what youre telling me is you spend $300 for a festival with over 100 bands and you just choose to stick by one stage the whole time??? you either dont really enjoy music or are just completely comfortable with wasting your $$$

and fyi heres the list of all bands i was front row for:

explosions in the sky/outdoor (people were talkin em up all day so i checked em out, plus refused was right after so it was a win-win)
    refused/outdoor (but then i joined the pit as soon as we opened it up)
    arctic monkeys/main stage (not really a big fav of mine but they put on a great show)
    feist/outdoor (first time seeing them, man theyre badass)
    SUB FOCUS/mojave (dope ass set)
    Dear Hunter (sick band, crowd wasnt really big though yet, they were early friday)
    SebastiAn/Sahara (never heard of him til friday, definitely had some fun in there)
    Death Grips/Mojave (sick ass grooves, the drummer was too sick)
    The Rapture/Mojave (met a real cool girl here, i got her # and we met up later that night)
    Zeds Dead/Sahara ( i honestly went cuz of the pulp fiction reference haha, never heard em til that day)
    VISION/sahara (its not NOISIA haha,theres no A, its an upside down V...then flip it) .....at least thats what several people told me haha
    Beats Antique/Mojave (so fucking glad i wandered to this tent at this time, what a sickass groovy band)
    Flux Pavilion/Doctor P/sahara (i had no idea someone was stabbed until today)
    Gotye/mojave (ive only heard that one song before, but these girls i was camping with wanted to check em out and we planned on meeting up to roll some jays)
    At The Drive In/Main stage (ahhhhh!!!!!!! this was my "radiohead",so stoked i got a last minute wristband....refused and atdi were definitely on my top bands to see)
    Dre/Snoop/Eminem/Wiz/50 Cent/Ghost Tupac/Warren G/main stage (i was already up front for ATDI, so i just stayed where i was at...ghost tupac was crazy, but a lil creepy too haha)

so again, you really dont try too hard man
    Yeah but to get front row did you have to shove your way up front, because that isn't cool. Its okay if you're just following the shuffle that happens when the previous band ends, but anything more than that is just rude.

Quote Originally Posted by tharris View Post
    Yeah but to get front row did you have to shove your way up front, because that isn't cool. Its okay if you're just following the shuffle that happens when the previous band ends, but anything more than that is just rude.
    i agree its very rude...i didn't push my way through, i just look for openings...im pretty good at seeing the bigger picture and see paths i could take the whole way through the crowd...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Also, since Cheddar brought it up -- where do you sleep at night?
    At Denny's?

The only abominable act I had the misfortune of enduring was araabMUZIK for about 10 minutes while my wife got a spot for Gotye. Guess she had it worse -- she was there for the entire set. Holy fuck if that's what the Sahara was like the entire weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Azelia Banks

Coachella Junkie

ATR is unfortunately the correct answer. Their soundman was dressed in a Fisher Price spacesuit and mixed the bass up to sabre rattling levels which completely annihilated all other aspects of the music.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

People trying to talk shit and/or sense to kroqken is hilarious.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Greg Ginn was embarrassingly bad.

If you thought ATR was the worst, I think you just don't like ATR. Their set was one of my favorites, but I can understand why their appeal would be limited.
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Some of you are lunatics. Pulp, Grouplove, and SBTRKT were all very excellent. Also, Gren Ginn wasn't bad - at least not for the 15 or so minutes that I watched while waiting for Wild Beasts. He just has weird songs that you need to be in the mood for. I enjoyed what I heard.

I'll say that AWOLNATION was shit, even though I didn't see them, because I could HEAR them all the way in the Gobi, during fIREHOSE's set, which they ruined with noise bleed (at least from where I was).
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by socalguy100 View Post
    Greg Ginn was embarrassingly bad.

If you thought ATR was the worst, I think you just don't like ATR. Their set was one of my favorites, but I can understand why their appeal would be limited.
    I've been listening to ATR for over a decade. They sounded like shit.

I didn't believe Guetta would be that bad. But wouldn't you know it...he certainly was. Does the guy know how to mix? He'd play a song let it die out for some dead air, wait a good 15 seconds then bring up the next slowly. I wanted to like him, but damn it was annoying. The tent overflow was insane too. Only watched about 3/4 tracks. it was enough though.

I am not sure what's the worst band but the lousiest crowd would definitely be for Arctic Monkeys.

You must not have been at the Rapture.
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Was it bad? I had a lot of fun at The Rapture. Actually I was worried about skipping Explosions for M83, but I thought Rapture into M83 was a lot of fun. Although I see people shitting on M83 as well.

The Rapture were really fun. The bros in the crowd were not.

Brochella strikes again

Airplane Boys hands down.

I only caught a couple songs of Mazzy Star from really far away. Maybe it was the weather? Or maybe she should have played in a tent. This was after Pulp, so I wasn't feeling them at all, in fact I found them kind of depressing. Then i found ATR. I liked them, but not enough to plan for the show. So, glad I was there. They were the shot of caffeine I needed!

M83 were great, but being outside the tent, I was just too cold to enjoy them.

(This is sort of embarrassing) A friend wanted to see Guetta. I. Did. Not. But she hadn't been to Coachella in years, she complained that nobody in our group wanted to see acts that she did, she was all alone....blah, blah. I decided to be a good friend and catch Guetta with her from the VIP. What a mistake! I don't like him recorded, worse "live".

Guetta was THE WORST.
    Always wear a helmut

I'm probably the exact opposite of kroqken. I caught several full sets and several mostly-full sets, but lots of partial sets and lots of 1-2 song samplings. All in all I counted something like 60 acts. ::shrug:: I enjoyed my weekend immensely, even if my legs & feet hate me.