Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how tight was security at the gates to the festival?

Lurker

Default Re: how tight was security at the gates to the festival?

wow*

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    this sounds about right. there were a few women doing searches that were seriously acting like it was a jail intake.

also dear lead security supervisor fat latino dude on friday at the shuttle search: was it really necessary to act like a complete asshole and insult everyone's intelligence by saying shit along the lines of "some people dont know if they are boys or girls" when there are no clear signs ANYWHERE stating that there are male/female lines, and you cant even tell whos searching until you get within about 4-5 people from the front? remember some of these people dont go to shows often enough to know the drill. while im not surprised that the first asshole of the day turned out to be someone with security, i figured it would be someone doing searches and not the lead dbag who does nothing more than make a lot of noise and throw his weight around. im sorry the picture i took of you didnt come out

the vast majority of security were actually pretty friendly, even with the cavity searches and wiener grabbing
    Friday, once I finally got in, I went directly to the police/sheriff and pointed out that there was going to be a problem because there was only one line for the women and there was NOTHING posted! I also pointed out that there was NO ONE directing (didn't they used to have people directing in the past?) the women to the single line so they were climbing over everyone to get through. It was close to causing fights because everyone was cutting in line. The officer looked surprised and went and got the coordinator and explained the problem. The change it made was orange cones. The shuttle should really have their own entrance or at least more lines.

Plus, I felt horrible for the campers on the end where the shuttle foot traffic was.

For the shuttle check - I usually like to drink a beer or two before going in the fest. If I have two cans in my bag when I get off the shuttle will they tell me to toss it?

When you make it to the security checkpoint they will, if it's anything like week 1. You'll have a little walk from the shutte to the checkpoint though, so you can drink them there.

Ya what the fuck is up with that? I can't bring in a few beers to hang out with my friends who are camping? But they could take the camping shuttle to Ralph's and get more beer? Fucking ridiculous.
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

Yeah that's pretty damn lame. I'd rather drive in now or even walk around to a day parking entrance.

Security was so chill. My friend got in each day with a backpack full of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    It was close to causing fights because everyone was cutting in line.
    i had no less than 9 dbags cut in front of me on saturday, but being alone and not much of a tough guy i just let it pass. i did take their picture of course and will upload to the dbags of 2012 thread when it pops up. i saw people by themselves try to cut and the crowd made sure they were thrown to the back of the line

i guess the moral of this story is safety in numbers

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Wut Da Philio? View Post
    Some security chick on a power-trip on Friday while I was in a huge rush to see Kendrick Lamar - she confiscated my BONE DRY EMPTY CamelBak water bladder. I just checked on Amazon and that shit is $45 to replace. They also made me throw away an unopened pack of sour patch kids and 3 tangerines. I was going to demand to talk to the manager to get my water bladder back but then I realized I should probably just call it a day considering how much other contraband they didn't touch. Oh well.
    bummer... I was thinkn of bringin in a camelbak too (even though they explicitly state it can't be brought in).

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    this sounds about right. there were a few women doing searches that were seriously acting like it was a jail intake.

also dear lead security supervisor fat latino dude on friday at the shuttle search: was it really necessary to act like a complete asshole and insult everyone's intelligence by saying shit along the lines of "some people dont know if they are boys or girls" when there are no clear signs ANYWHERE stating that there are male/female lines, and you cant even tell whos searching until you get within about 4-5 people from the front? remember some of these people dont go to shows often enough to know the drill. while im not surprised that the first asshole of the day turned out to be someone with security, i figured it would be someone doing searches and not the lead dbag who does nothing more than make a lot of noise and throw his weight around. im sorry the picture i took of you didnt come out

the vast majority of security were actually pretty friendly, even with the cavity searches and wiener grabbing
    Wait, so they grabbed your crotch?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Wait, so they grabbed your crotch?
    it wasnt a full on michael jackson "CHA'MOWN CHA HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" type grab but they certainly werent shy. some dudes in another line may not have been so lucky. some searched like they were off duty cops, others like they were off duty TSA (pat down with the backs of their hands), and a few just did the half assed security guard search.

its really hard to generalize as we were searched at least twice going in for three days, so really its all over the map. i'd say more often than not they were pretty thorough

I thought security was pretty tight on Friday. Saturday the only cluster was at the shuttle gate. Mid-day Sunday I was inside in a flash. Both check points. and as for crotch grabbing, I unfortunately got a ball tap Friday and Saturday. Like someone else said just be patient and polite and all is good.

My group had zero problems, and they let us in with vodka each time, although they didn't find it.

security was very lax i thought. one of the days just got waved through, got a water bottle filled with Bacardi in on sunday.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

who else did nitrous oxide with the kid at modeselektor , dont know HOW THE FUCK HE took THAT BIG ASS TANK IN, but at least he shared,best set ever! never thought i would do nitrous oxide at a set in coachella, lol alot of people were saying no too, but that shows that security was chill this year

trakball

Me & my nice nice made it past security every time this weekend, except for the very last fucking time I went through on Sunday. Got the hardcore security guard giving everyone the thorough pat-down, and then when he saw the mint case that had half a joint hidden in it, he asked me what was in it (after holding this fucking case in my hands every single time I previously went though), and I thought, this guy is gonna have me thrown UNDER the jail if I don't fess up.

So I told him, he made me throw it out, and I walked in. Thank god my ladyfriend was able to mule my sneak-a-toke in.

this was the most strict year...had about 15 in my group and we got rolled so hard this year..we didn't do anything different vs years past but they def were more strict this year
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

I thought security was pretty chill. The car search I got going in Thursday was nothing. Nothing was taken out of the car, of the 4 people in the car I was the only one to get a pat down. I will say though that the 4 of us looked pretty harmless and weren't drinking in line.

Security to get in every day I thought was pretty good. I wore and small leather fanny ack each day which I never had to take off and never opened. Once I was asked what was in it but they didn't search it. I brought in cans of beer and vodka in water sac.

The only security measure that pissed me of was that if you had to dump your water bottle when leaving the beer garden.

Quote Originally Posted by bfq1983 View Post
    The only security measure that pissed me of was that if you had to dump your water bottle when leaving the beer garden.
    this
    weekend one

do they make you take off your shoes?

Shuttle entrance they checked shoes of random people. Mine were never checked but the guy ahead of me did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_in_a_tree View Post
    Shuttle entrance they checked shoes of random people. Mine were never checked but the guy ahead of me did.
    on Sunday, the guy searching me on the way in from the shuttles didn't make me take off my shoes, but he ran his fingers along the inside of my shoes, between my foot and the shoes. And when he ran his hand up my thighs, he definitely went much higher than any security guard I've ever had before, feeling for anything between my balls/dick and my leg. It was pretty uncomfortable and made me question if I'd ever take the shuttles again (not because I want to sneak shit in, but because I don't appreciate being treated like I'm being checked into prison - plus the wait/double search was obnoxious)

oh, and I wasn't holding anything (and don't think I look like a big drug user), but if I had been, he would have found it.

seriously. just put it in your crotch. think briefs or panties.
    What happen if someone make a crime?

police dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove13 View Post
    on Sunday, the guy searching me on the way in from the shuttles didn't make me take off my shoes, but he ran his fingers along the inside of my shoes, between my foot and the shoes. And when he ran his hand up my thighs, he definitely went much higher than any security guard I've ever had before, feeling for anything between my balls/dick and my leg. It was pretty uncomfortable and made me question if I'd ever take the shuttles again (not because I want to sneak shit in, but because I don't appreciate being treated like I'm being checked into prison - plus the wait/double search was obnoxious)

oh, and I wasn't holding anything (and don't think I look like a big drug user), but if I had been, he would have found it.
    Yep. Felt the same way. Some people were lucky, but most I believe experienced this. I'm curious how this weekend goes.

Being searched twice for taking the shuttle seemed like a punishment. Definitely will contact Valley Music travel to complain about that! Seems like the shuttles are carrying so many people now that thereshould be a seperate line for shuttle riders or just skip the camping search since we are not going to the campground!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddThaGod View Post
    he would have found anything that was there, trust me - he was really into his job... also, I saw a few female guards run their fingers inside the underwire of women's bras, so be prepared ladies

Quote Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
    Being searched twice for taking the shuttle seemed like a punishment. Definitely will contact Valley Music travel to complain about that! Seems like the shuttles are carrying so many people now that thereshould be a seperate line for shuttle riders or just skip the camping search since we are not going to the campground!
    exactly - the initial intensive search may not have been so irritating if we were then led directly into the festival (instead of having to walk another mile and then get searched again). If people want to visit friends in the campgrounds, they can leave the festival - seems to me more shuttle users would want to get directly into the festival as opposed to heading into camping (if I had wanted to hang out in camping, I wouldn't have gotten a hotel)

Quote Originally Posted by Mertt View Post
    police dogs?
    yup, it's rare, but there are dogs at some checkpoints. As we were getting our car checked for car camping, a security guard being led by a drug dog came out of no where. Luckily our party was in the middle line, and he chose to walk the dog on the outside perimeter. Guess we got lucky, he could have been a bomb dog though, who knows.

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddThaGod View Post
    My crotch area was checked both Saturday and Sunday. It stunk.

This was just the post shuttle search btw.

As it turns out, security let my friend through whose camping pass didn't match her bracelet. Nothing got checked really for camping. As far as gates, the most I was touched was underwire of my bra but most every time they just asked me to move around shit in my purse.