Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security on the whole this year much better (nicer) than past years

Default Security on the whole this year much better (nicer) than past years

i know this basically invites every tom, dick, and harry to jump in with how security "totally dicked me over and here's how" this weekend, but i noticed a real change in the security staff this year. in the past i'm pretty sure it's been mostly CSC Event Staff working the festival but this year it was Staff Pro and they were miles nicer and more friendly. i certainly don't remember being welcomed to coachella every day in the past and aside from them busting people for basically not keeping their shit discrete, i don't recall seeing or hearing stories of people being unjustly harassed.

feel free to tell me how wrong i am.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Default Re: Security on the whole this year much better (nicer) than past years

The dude nicely touched my nuts on the way into camping from the shuttle drop off. But the people on the way into the show were great.

They took my umbrella twice. They were nice about it but come on guys...

I had nothing on me, but since I was dressed... flashy, they really checked everything on me. So I stopped dressing like a christmas tree, and security ignored me the rest of the weekend.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzzz View Post
    They took my umbrella twice. They were nice about it but come on guys...
    umbrellas are annoying at festivals...so good for them.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    The dude nicely touched my nuts on the way into camping from the shuttle drop off. But the people on the way into the show were great.
    thats why i was unsure about what company was staffed where. the first guard i came across thursday walking in by myself was CSC as was the last guy we saw driving out monday morning, everywhere else was Staff Pro people.

The security was very nice to me as well. "Have a great time at the show!" Also, they only frisked my daughter once the entire festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I agree with the OP as far as my personal experience goes. Best part was getting my ass groped during security check.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I never got frisked, they barely even glanced in my purse or back pack and when I got to camp they asked what was in the cooler, I said water and orange juice and they waved me through. I must not look like I take drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

only searching the car was a pain in the ass

on the way into the festival everybody was nice...i thanked one woman on day one for yelling thru a bullhorn for everybody to have fun, and she looked at me with the nicest smile and thanked me back for thanking her

everybody was definitely a lot nicer this year

i had the opportunity to nearly get taken down by security, but he was just doing his shitty job, like a good marine who just follows orders and can't think for himself, so i can't be too mad, but at the time was ready to draw blood. i was basically dealing with walking pneumonia the whole weekend, to the point where i'd walk 20 feet and need to stop and rest. i was in the guest pit during radiohead, but decided to bail 5 or so songs in because they just aren't my thing and my body was worn down. tried to go through the access point that had been open all day, but was now closed for some reason, the way that is a shortcut to the backstage/artist area when leaving the guest pit, to where the golf carts were that could get me back to the rv. instead i was told i would have to go out into the main crowd to the vip area and then around the back to the artist compound. this was a walk i could not physically make and i attempted to explain to them i have a lung disease and am having trouble breathing/walking. guy wouldn't have it so i got a little more serious, explaining my lungs function at 40 percent, i am on the transplant list, blahblahblah. nothing. so i just begin to try to shove my way past them saying this is the only way i am going and that there are going to be issues if they don't let me pass. of course, getting worked up is causing me more trouble breathing, so i say fuck it and bear down and just start pushing through, telling the guy to let me through now i need to go to medical. finally his superior took notice and told him to let me through. so i walked by, made it 10 feet and basically collapsed in a fit of coughing, just waiting to cough so hard that i rupture something and start coughing up blood. would have been rad to dose those yellow jackets with a little red, haha. had to sit for a good 10 minutes to collect my breath, all the while glaring at the yellow jackets.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-17-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Should have just stayed at radiohead.

Hey Steve, that sucks. I hope you feel better today.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Yeah, should have stayed at Radiohead! Feel better Steve!

...My only complaint about security is that they don't seem to know how to pull crowd surfers out w/o dropping them on someone's head...

Fuck the dudes at the ADA security lot (especially the supervisor asshole who thought he was hot shit sitting on his golf cart, and saying shit to me like "I know Bill Fold, and you aren't going through my gate")....they tried to take my camera away saying it was a "professional" camera (which it's not, it's a fucking point and shoot). And then they wouldn't let me in, so I told them to fuck off and walked over to some other backstage gate and walked right in. So whatever, I have the last laugh...they're stressing over a $10 piece of plastic (lens cover) on my camera, and I'm walking in with uhh.......

yeah, there was a guy working right by the rv lot who was hit or miss with his dickishness. was letting us through with drinks all day and then stopped letting us through for a bit, then reversed again later. so we went to the other gate near the video production trucks where guy didn't care.

if that dude tried to pull the "i know bill fold" shit i woulda been all "so do i, let me give him a call right now".
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-17-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Yeah I agree the security was very nice this year... searches /patdowns no biggie one supervisor told the dude searching me that my pancho wasn't allowed but I argued with him "it's NOT a blanket it IS AN ARTICLE OF CLOTHING THAT I'M WEARING!" And he got his supervisor who okayed it... all the while I snuck in ________ every day... I was worried about the unusually high police/security presence in the parking lots because we planned on hitting a minikeg in the trunk each day @sundown but it turned out to not be a problem at all... as long as we didn't blast our radio or make a scene security pretty much left us alone (asked us to move along once in 3 days)... I blame that dumbf#$k rapist for that though you had to expect a response from GV and the police after that incident... every year this festival gets better and better
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Security was great in general, breezed thru my backpack, but on my 4th Coachella, and being 34 now, I was taken aback by how many times my breasts got cupped and my bra checked. Never has security gone looking for shit in my bra. Car camping security was the most invasive, she lifted some boob. It was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by someone View Post
    Security was great in general, breezed thru my backpack, but on my 4th Coachella, and being 34 now, I was taken aback by how many times my breasts got cupped and my bra checked. Never has security gone looking for shit in my bra. Car camping security was the most invasive, she lifted some boob. It was weird.
    wait wtf?

my gf got though each day with hardly any touching whatsoever, definitely no boob cupping/moving.

Definitely nicer, but more thorough on searching on the way into the festival. Everyday I had some nice new stranger tickle the top of my pubes.

But it didn't matter, since that's where I usually always hide things! Taping things to your crotch is the best way to go, 100% full proof.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

super nice this year. didn't encounter one bad apple, although I'm sure they were out there. just held the contents of my pockets in my hands, and they didn't check inside anything even once.

Boobs touched and total pat downs every day through check 1 off shuttles. First year I've ever been touched. You would have thought we were heroin smugglers.

The car search line I was in was such a joke. They literally glanced over our car and didn't even look in the most obvious of places. Also, the security couldn't care less about weed. I mean obviously if you get frisked and they find some they are going to take it, but if you're smoking at a show right infront of them they'll just look the other way. Before Destroyer's set I saw the security laughing at all the kids smoking. They then told the kids to "be smart about it" and they just went on doing their thing. Mad chill.
    Last edited by vamosuruguay; 04-17-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: grammar

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

someone I know rolled a blunt with the actual physical assistance of a security guard over the railing during dre and snoop

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    i had the opportunity to nearly get taken down by security, but he was just doing his shitty job, like a good marine who just follows orders and can't think for himself, so i can't be too mad, but at the time was ready to draw blood.
    Please don't talk about people in the military like that. I know very brilliant people who serve. To categorize Marines or anyone else as mindless idiots is very offensive. Unless you are willing to talk shit to a Marine's face please keep this kind of talk to yourself.

I'm not being dramatic or trying to start a pissing contest with you. I just know a lot of people who serve or have served and I don't think it's fair for someone to say such things about them unless you have also served and know first hand.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Security guard traded my GF a joint he confiscated for a cigarette during WuLyf

Man the lines for entrance to fest from day parking were wayyyyy shorter the the camping /shuttle entrance by the way so I don't know if there's a way for you to walk around from camping to the day parking entrance but if there is you weekend 2 people might consider consider a longer walk for a shorter line...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Quote Originally Posted by hippityhip View Post
    Please don't talk about people in the military like that. I know very brilliant people who serve. To categorize Marines or anyone else as mindless idiots is very offensive. Unless you are willing to talk shit to a Marine's face please keep this kind of talk to yourself.

I'm not being dramatic or trying to start a pissing contest with you. I just know a lot of people who serve or have served and I don't think it's fair for someone to say such things about them unless you have also served and know first hand.
    Fair enough. But you're a fucking retard for your fetishization of the military. Take offense at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    I was worried about the unusually high police/security presence in the parking lots because we planned on hitting a minikeg in the trunk each day @sundown but it turned out to not be a problem at all... as long as we didn't blast our radio or make a scene security pretty much left us alone (asked us to move along once in 3 days)..
    That is great to hear. My group usually loads up a cooler full of beers and we walk to ADA parking and drink it up. Last year security told us once the whole weekend that we couldn't hang out and drink but never came back and did anything about it. I think it's just protocol for them to say something. I think as long as you are not acting like a jackass you're fine.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Well I think it depends on where you were. Within five minutes of clearing car camping and waiting to park...some women in a golf cart threw a couple of F-bombs at us because we were following the directions of the guy who was flagging us to drive in to the lot. Instead of letting him know that she had to pass she started yelling at us...so that was unpleasant. I felt like although some security was nice they were completely arbitrary for searches. Our water guns were confiscated from our car camping search after no glass, drugs, or even beer was found. It seemed like they were searching for something to dock us on. Then they had a problem on the last day with someone in our group carrying more then one empty water bottle. They made it seem like he was out to scam the 10 for 1 free water deal. He had four bottles, but he was carrying for other girls in the group that didn't have bags and ended up in different security lines for being patted down. It was the third day and he had been doing this all weekend with multiple in and outs no problem. He just waited 3 minutes switched lines and got in. So confiscation policies were not consistent so security always felt like a gamble.