Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: that was hands down theworst display of EDM ever.....

Default Re: that was hands down theworst display of EDM ever.....

Well...we like EDM. I see proper bands during Coachella, as well, but if the edm offering is crap why wouldn't we at least make it known? EDM is my primary music driver; the main dish and the other stuff is appetizers and desserts.

you shouldnt make it known because this entire forum is filled with thread after thread after thread about how bad the edm is/was, you can easily just post in there

You mean this thread?

no i mean the 5000 other threads that were made before this one

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead004 View Post
    im saying instead of bitching about how fucking terrible the edm was, why not go see something that ISNT EDM? i know that sounds absurd for most of the people on this forum, but still
    Alot of us do.

And btw - Coachella has always had a reputation of being the only multi-genre American festival that would bring classic/high quality EDM names. You didn't see Lolla or Roo book Orbital or Leftfield on their reunion tours, or bring Aphex over for his first US show in years, or grace a stage with The Chemical Brothers, or have a night out with Plastikman or The Orb. That was all Coachella. Hell, the festival started out with almost half of the lineup being EDM. So for some of us, we have some perfectly warranted expectations on what to expect from the EDM side of the festival, and when they aren't met, we, as regular consumers, have every right to voice our opinions. Because for some of us, its the only place in the US we can see some of these acts.

^just stop.

@Cheesehead: Perhaps if you have attended Coachella for perhaps the last decade or so and if you were a fan of electronic music you may understand the frustration.

But you don't.

Coachella's 2012 Sahara scene could have just been a Pandora station programmed to Levels and no one would have noticed the difference.

you shouldnt make it known because this entire forum is filled with thread after thread after thread about how bad the edm is/was, you can easily just post in there
    If this thread is all too much for you stomach, perhaps heed your own advice and spend time in another thread.

Perhaps I'm just dense or deaf, but can someone explain why Araabmuzik gets so little love? I thought he killed it in the Mojave.

Quote Originally Posted by philabuster View Post
    Perhaps I'm just dense or deaf, but can someone explain why Araabmuzik gets so little love? I thought he killed it in the Mojave.
    I agree 100%. Dude has some serious talent!! I really enjoyed watching him do his thing - great energy. He actually creates the music live instead of pushing play and then dancing around. I think he will continue to improve (was a producer for diplomats/dipset) and he'll gain more notoriety as his songs get a bit more flavor/variety. It would be cool if he teamed up with a good rapper who could free flow along with the beats he creates.

One of my favorite shows as well and one I recommended all my weekend 2 people to at least stop by and check out for a few minutes. His beats are amazing even on record, seeing him do it live was wild.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    I have never spent less time in the Sahara in my life

Disappointed for missing Noisia, I heard they threw down. Fuck GV for giving them the shaft and putting idiots like Alesso in good slots.
    agreed.. I probably spent less than 2 hours in Sahara the whole weekend.. I used to spend the majority of my time there. I think the best set there was Breakbot..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Coachella has always had a reputation of being the only multi-genre American festival that would bring classic/high quality EDM names. You didn't see Lolla or Roo book Orbital or Leftfield on their reunion tours, or bring Aphex over for his first US show in years, or grace a stage with The Chemical Brothers, or have a night out with Plastikman or The Orb. That was all Coachella. Hell, the festival started out with almost half of the lineup being EDM. So for some of us, we have some perfectly warranted expectations on what to expect from the EDM side of the festival, and when they aren't met, we, as regular consumers, have every right to voice our opinions. Because for some of us, its the only place in the US we can see some of these acts.
    Amen to this post, spot on!

Alesso was absolute shit! who is that guy anyway?

First time in 10 Coachellas I didn't see anything in the Sahara. I may have missed something decent I had never heard if, but overall the acts just didn't appeal to me and I love EDM.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Alot of us do.

And btw - Coachella has always had a reputation of being the only multi-genre American festival that would bring classic/high quality EDM names. You didn't see Lolla or Roo book Orbital or Leftfield on their reunion tours, or bring Aphex over for his first US show in years, or grace a stage with The Chemical Brothers, or have a night out with Plastikman or The Orb. That was all Coachella. Hell, the festival started out with almost half of the lineup being EDM. So for some of us, we have some perfectly warranted expectations on what to expect from the EDM side of the festival, and when they aren't met, we, as regular consumers, have every right to voice our opinions. Because for some of us, its the only place in the US we can see some of these acts.
    Yes. Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by tangertick View Post
    First time in 10 Coachellas I didn't see anything in the Sahara. I may have missed something decent I had never heard if, but overall the acts just didn't appeal to me and I love EDM.
    The fact that this guy said something with his 8 posts since 2007 SAYS something about how bad it was!

Also what Betao said!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

I remember walking out of Coachella through the Sahara in 2002. I was only 14(not an avid EDM fan) and DJ Irene was half way relevant, but awesome as fuck to a kid who never experienced electronic music on that level. Oh how times have changed. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm the number one Jedi.

Just once, preferably at some point in the near future, I'd like to hear something like this come out of the Sahara speakers.

At night.

im saying instead of bitching about how fucking terrible the edm was, why not go see something that ISNT EDM? i know that sounds absurd for most of the people on this forum, but still
    cuz rock and/or roll is fuckin deader than dead. We've had rock for like what? 50 years now? Every expanse of the genre has been reached. Unless you're Tool, The Mars Volta or Radiohead, you're not tickling my wiener.

But that's why I listen to electronic music. I don't have to listen to shitty boring Feist or FloMac. They fuckin suck big fat donkey dicks.

I've become Stan Marsh.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...rg-for-pirates

Cuz coachella did the unthinkable by splitting his fanbase with Gaslamp Killer. Brainfeeder has a HUGE following and so ya... that's just one of many fuck you's GV gave us this year. AraabMUSIK and Gaslamp Killer have probably like 90% crossover. That's just messed up... almost as messed up as Shadow vs. Modeselektor or Miike Snow vs SBTRKT but that's already been covered elsewhere.

I personally love Araab, but I went and saw GLK instead and he smashed it. For the record, Araab did drop schrillecks Kyoto and that kinda made me go huh? Really? GLK dropped no schrillecks. +1 for GLK.

Fuck man. HIRE ME TO BOOK YOUR ELECTRONIC MUSIC!!! I've gone to Coachella since the fuckin beginning. I was there to see Squarepusher. I was there to see Sigur Ros. I was there to see Plaid. I was there to see the Chems throw it down. I was there for Fatboy Slim. Give me the job. I'll fuckin kill it.

Sahara has become a crappy dance music GHETTO.

Time for some serious "redevelopment." Coachella can start by bringing back proper live electronic/dance performers to the Sahara. Whither Hot Chip? LCD Soundsystem? The Rapture? I really miss those days.

BTW, Modeselektor was fucking awesome, albeit in the Mojave and with a not-huge crowd.

Oh, and David Guetta should be banned for life.

See avatar.

although, the only time i recall stepping foot in the sahara the last 9 years was for daft punk and madonna. nothing new to avoid that tent for me.

Hired.

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    Cuz coachella did the unthinkable by splitting his fanbase with Gaslamp Killer. Brainfeeder has a HUGE following and so ya... that's just one of many fuck you's GV gave us this year. AraabMUSIK and Gaslamp Killer have probably like 90% crossover. That's just messed up... almost as messed up as Shadow vs. Modeselektor or Miike Snow vs SBTRKT but that's already been covered elsewhere.

I personally love Araab, but I went and saw GLK instead and he smashed it. For the record, Araab did drop schrillecks Kyoto and that kinda made me go huh? Really? GLK dropped no schrillecks. +1 for GLK.

Fuck man. HIRE ME TO BOOK YOUR ELECTRONIC MUSIC!!! I've gone to Coachella since the fuckin beginning. I was there to see Squarepusher. I was there to see Sigur Ros. I was there to see Plaid. I was there to see the Chems throw it down. I was there for Fatboy Slim. Give me the job. I'll fuckin kill it.

always love the people who think booking is easy, just ask someone to play and they can't say "no".

Booking may not be easy but booking difficulties sure as shit don't explain this year's Sahara. Literally hundreds of DJ's/live acts pushing interesting sounds atm. GV booked basically zero.

I feel like GV just booked a bunch of cheese to make sure they sold out all the tickets for their first time doing a 2 weekend festival. Since the entire festival sold out in just a few hours, my bet is next year the EDM lineup will improve exponentially now that they know it's going to sell out no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    AraabMUSIK and Gaslamp Killer have probably like 90% crossover. That's just messed up... almost as messed up as Shadow vs. Modeselektor or Miike Snow vs SBTRKT but that's already been covered elsewhere.
    Literally my only 3 conflicts that I was actually conflicted about. Easiest one was SBTRKT and hardest was Shadow v Modeselektor. In the end I went with Shadow, Aarab, and SBTRKT. I have seen GLK several times at Low End but I would've really liked to see him in the tent with a hype crowd doing his thing.

I really didn't understand how they could do that conflict esp. given who was on before and after in their respective tents!

I don't support arrabmuzik because he works with skrillex.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    Booking may not be easy but booking difficulties sure as shit don't explain this year's Sahara. Literally hundreds of DJ's/live acts pushing interesting sounds atm. GV booked basically zero.
    When we said, "The sahara lineup sucks! Fix this shit." They said, "We hear you. Wait till you see what we do with Dave Guetta."

When we said, "The sahara lineup sucks! How come you didn't book _________?" They said, "We hear you. But we didn't have their phone number."

When we said [to a highly respected house act], "The sahara lineup sucks! How come you aren't playing?" They said, "We asked Goldenvoice but they said "We hear you but you're not what were looking for."

This years sahara lineup isn't a fluke. They think they did a great job and for thousands of kids out there it was the best year yet. GV will continue to throw you an act here or there that will be in the mojave. The sahara is what it is. Do you really think there is a chance it will change or do you just need a place to vent?

God, I love these posts on here.. I hope GV does something for the Coachella regulars.. Crazy how much I've heard about Coachella this year from other people that didn't even know it existed 6 years ago.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff