Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: that was hands down theworst display of EDM ever.....

Default Re: that was hands down theworst display of EDM ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I was 19 at my first Coachella in 2001. I went to see Fatboy Slim and I also chose to see Uberzone and Christopher Lawrence over Squarepusher because I hadn't a fucking clue who Squarepusher was at the time. I don't even think I would go out of my way to watch Fatboy Slim at Coachella now. My taste has also evolved to the point where choosing to stay for all of Uberzone and then Christopher Lawrence instead of leaving and going to Squarepusher now seems like the worst decision I have ever made at Coachella.
    you have a chance to make amends... the Squarepusha is coming to LA in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Monko762 View Post
    Fuck no! If an artist is creating art to make money then they are a fucking sellout. If they think that their art is worth millions of dollars, they are pretentious douchebags! Art and music is for expressing and exchanging ideas. Ideas shouldn't cost money!

Edit: HARD SUMMER IS OUR REDEMPTION!!! Great Lineup!
    THIS... HARD SUMMER has stepped into the foreground to bring the most ridiculous lineup I've seen in a damn long time:

Bloc Party
    Miike Snow
    Nero
    Squarepusher (!!!!!!!)
    Magnetic Man
    Erol Alkan
    Bootsy Collins
    Fake Blood
    Claude Vonstroke
    Buraka Som Sistema
    Breakbot
    AraabMUSIK
    Joey Beltram
    Craze
    Gaslamp Killer
    Surkin
    Birdy Nam Nam (!!!!!!!!)
    Jokers Of The Scene
    and fuckin LUNICE?!!! Are you kidding me?

If that doesn't tickle your dick then you have no idea how nasty Hard is about to bring it. The gauntlet has been thrown down. Fuck EDC and this bullshit Sahara. There's some seriousness gon happen in LA this summer.
    Last edited by weezy f baby; 04-24-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    Bloc Party
    Miike Snow
    Nero
    Squarepusher (!!!!!!!)
    Magnetic Man
    Erol Alkan
    Bootsy Collins
    Fake Blood
    Claude Vonstroke
    Buraka Som Sistema
    Breakbot
    AraabMUSIK
    Joey Beltram
    Craze
    Gaslamp Killer
    Surkin
    Birdy Nam Nam (!!!!!!!!)
    Jokers Of The Scene
    LUNICE
    That's right MFers I'm quoting myself. Let's put it this way... if THIS was the Sahara Lineup and then they added SHM and Avicii and Afrojack for all the rage derpers, it would still be one of the illest Sahara lineups ever. Yo PT throw us a MFin bone! Jah makin me crazy with this.

Case closed.

Weezy check out Gesaffelstein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm the number one Jedi.

Weezy check out Gesaffelstein.
    my bad you're right forgot to post that.

this is totally my jam too.

Bootsy Collins and Squarepusher in the same night is some crazy shit

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Wait so Flying Lotus played Do The Astral Plane weekend 2?
    Yes! It was amazing. I was blazing a fat blunt when it came on. So good! And earl sweatshirt made an appearance during his set when he dropped a niggaz in paris remix

Fucking bull, he was having too good of a time the first weekend to remember to play it, can't say I was disappointed but still a little irked.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Hard knows how to do it, I dont think that's really debatable. If only GV took note.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Awesome mini calendar (for those who care):

4/26 Octave + Cell Injection @ Medusa Lounge
    4/27 EPROM @ Expansion
    5/4 Salva @ Echoplex
    5/4 Flying Lotus @ Low End Theory SF
    5/5 Soul Clap @ secret location
    5/10 Addison Groove + Doc Daneeka @ Dim Mak Studios
    5/15 Switch @ Dim Mak Studios
    5/27 The Twelves @ Drais
    6/1 Andy C + Rusko @ Palladium
    6/7 Perc @ Medusa Lounge
    7/4 Tobacco @ Low End Theory LA
    8/3+8/4 HARD @ LA State Park

I'm sure there are other stuff. This is just a little contribution for people that like to dance.

How the fuck has Birdy Nam Nam never played Coachella?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Hard knows how to do it, I dont think that's really debatable. If only GV took note.
    If by "knows how to do it" you mean,
    "knows how to book the same brotastic crap that is plaguing coachella while sprinkling just enough quality acts to draw out the intelligent people but still make them suffer through hours of brostep first" or,
    "knows how to skimp on everything from logistics, security, food, water, staff, sound, and production to the point the event is about to collapse on itself but just enough that it manages to get by" or,
    "knows how to screw over its paying customers with lineups that always promise but never deliver",
    then, yes, HARD knows how to do it. GV should never ever ever be taking tips from HARD. Ever.

I just hope gesaffelstein and brodinski dj together for hard summer like they did on the bromance tour earlier this year in Jan

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    "knows how to book the same brotastic crap that is plaguing coachella while sprinkling just enough quality acts to draw out the intelligent people but still make them suffer through hours of brostep first" or,
    "knows how to skimp on everything from logistics, security, food, water, staff, sound, and production to the point the event is about to collapse on itself but just enough that it manages to get by" or,
    "knows how to screw over its paying customers with lineups that always promise but never deliver",
    then, yes, HARD knows how to do it. GV should never ever ever be taking tips from HARD. Ever.
    I actually wonder if Coachella gets a lot of their talent suggestions from Destructo himself, who both plays at Coachella but is HARD's promoter. That fiasco at the forum a few years back irritated the fuck out of me. Some people I met had flown in from another country to check out Underworld and the show never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    I should have specified, "Hard knows how to book mostly quality artists".

Every festival is going to have brotastic crap, but at least they usually try and steer clear of the huge cheese acts. Are you saying you don't like the Hard Summer lineup? That would be unfortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

I have only been to 1 Hard event(Haunted Mansion 2011), but I have always seen the lineups they produce as pretty solid. Yes they appease the masses but come on, I have been wanting to see Joey Beltram since I saw him at coachella!

I really hope Hard Summer isn't as theresalwaysone described! If its anything like Hard Haunted last year I think the event will go off without a hitch!

I also love the fact that they don't allow rolltards to bring in all there rolltard toys into the events as well! +1 Hard
    I'm the number one Jedi.

I have only been to 1 Hard event(Haunted Mansion 2011), but I have always seen the lineups they produce as pretty solid. Yes they appease the masses but come on, I have been wanting to see Joey Beltram since I saw him at coachella!

I really hope Hard Summer isn't as theresalwaysone described! If its anything like Hard Haunted last year I think the event will go off without a hitch!

I also love the fact that they don't allow rolltards to bring in all there rolltard toys into the events as well! +1 Hard
    rolltard! isn't that what they say in 'Bama?

My buddy just went there for a business trip, but still I have no clue.

I dunno if I heard the term or came up with it on my own. Not really hard term to come up with for that matter...
    I'm the number one Jedi.

I was so stoked when Breakbot came on playing all his funky tunes and the bro step dudes left the tent in disappointment. He and Dada Life were definitely my favorite Sahara Tent acts.
    Friday Lou Reed, Modest Mouse,Beach House,Infected Mushroom, Johnny Marr,Wolfgang Gartner, Four Tet, TNGT, Earl Sweatshirt, Lee Scratch Perry, Dam Funk

Saturday
    the XX, New Order, Knife Party, Violent Femmes, SMD, Major LAzer, 2 Chainz, Danny Brown, Booka Shade, Bingo Players, Pusha T, Trash Talk

Sunday
    RHCP, Nick Cave, Vampire Weekend, Social D, Wu Tang,Eric Prydz, Lumineers, James Blake, Grimes, Raider Klan, Roni Size, Smith Westerns

Good sets: Breakbot, SebastiAn, Feed Me, Nero, Flying Lotus and SBTRKT.

Interesting sets: Beats Antique caught my attention but it didn't sound like EDM to me. Araabmuzik has insane skills but I found his live set had too much going on for me to truly enjoy it. I'm a huge Justice fan, however I've heard in the past that their live shows were mediocre. I can't say I disagree after seeing them. Their set isn't too danceable and the pacing is very strange. Some songs dragged on for too long and there were long periods of time where its just lights and no beat. I've never seen them live before so the stage set up was pretty impressive to me.

Enjoyable cheesefest: I danced my ass of to Alesso and enjoyed the cheesiness of it all, but I knew a lot of the acts play the same songs so I skipped the rest. SHM looked like they weren't doing shit but the spectacle of it all was impressive...like watching a Michael Bay DJ set. I should of gone to Refused though.

I really wanted to catch Sub Focus but once I heard Radiohead there was no way I was leaving.