Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: that was hands down theworst display of EDM ever.....

Default Re: that was hands down theworst display of EDM ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by bluecoronas View Post
    Sahara, along with the SHM, should be blown up completely for a re-boot

hopefully GV and Paul understand what went wrong with the bookings selections and will find their way home next year....

at least one can they do...
    AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    You musta missed the guest appearance by mimosa at the do lab before kraddy.

You must have missed beats antique, sbtrkt and shadow too.
    full disclosure- I was not at coachella. But what I saw of beats antique and sbtrkt was boring as fuck. And you, in particular, have shitty taste in everything. So yea, dive into a pool of aidz needlez.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Should we make a petition for Paul?

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Should we make a petition for Paul?
    I really think we should. An official petition thread? Or an online petition so we can tell people who go but aren't on the boards to sign?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

No need for a petition. If anyone from GV cares to read this one thread, they'll get the gist. We're outnumbered, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ccote321 View Post
    I feel like GV just booked a bunch of cheese to make sure they sold out all the tickets for their first time doing a 2 weekend festival. Since the entire festival sold out in just a few hours, my bet is next year the EDM lineup will improve exponentially now that they know it's going to sell out no matter what.
    it was not the edm that sold out the event, hell it may not have even been the lineup that sold out the event. didn't seem to need much help this year. read somewhere online that a person from gv stated that they had enough people logged into the ticketing system at on sale time to sell out 3 weekends, and that was after getting close to selling out the first weekend last june during the presale. sure people had multiple computers going, but there was def. more demand than supply at that point.

God, I love these posts on here.. I hope GV does something for the Coachella regulars.. Crazy how much I've heard about Coachella this year from other people that didn't even know it existed 6 years ago.
    todays noob's are tomorrow's regulars, though. can't really think of it in those terms. sure we've been there for awile, but i'll bet just as many of the younger generation will, too, from now on.

We are the minority. I think we just need to accept the fact that the Sahara is a different place than it was in the 2000's. We will still get good electronic artists, but we have to go next door now.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    full disclosure- I was not at coachella. But what I saw of sbtrkt was boring as fuck.
    SBTRKT was great. Guess you had to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    always love the people who think booking is easy, just ask someone to play and they can't say "no".
    always love the people who think booking music is brain surgery. it's not. agencies supply these handy lists to promoters with artist availability. find dope names who are available. negotiate terms. booked. that's how it fuckin works.

I also love people who make their jobs seem harder than they really are so that they carry some sense of self worth. unless you're a muthafuckin lumberjack, heart surgeon, or physicist... your job is fucking easy. might be tedious or boring but tedious/boring /= hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    When we said, "The sahara lineup sucks! Fix this shit." They said, "We hear you. Wait till you see what we do with Dave Guetta."

When we said, "The sahara lineup sucks! How come you didn't book _________?" They said, "We hear you. But we didn't have their phone number."

When we said [to a highly respected house act], "The sahara lineup sucks! How come you aren't playing?" They said, "We asked Goldenvoice but they said "We hear you but you're not what were looking for."

This years sahara lineup isn't a fluke. They think they did a great job and for thousands of kids out there it was the best year yet. GV will continue to throw you an act here or there that will be in the mojave. The sahara is what it is. Do you really think there is a chance it will change or do you just need a place to vent?
    true story. a friend wrote to GV pissing on coachella, basically venting his frustration and received a call from PT directly. PT listened and they talked about how to improve the festival. If you think GV doesn't listen you're wrong. They do listen. You see... in order to run a successful business, your most diehard followers usually give you the best advice because they CARE about the product. If Coachella sells out regardless, then who fuckin cares about what bro fist pump drugs addicts give a shit about. They don't know music well enough to even have an informed opinion. But you see, the people on here aren't recommending that GV books shitty music. We just want quality. And I know GV listens. They listen because they know people like me care.

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    always love the people who think booking music is brain surgery. it's not. agencies supply these handy lists to promoters with artist availability. find dope names who are available. negotiate terms. booked. that's how it fuckin works.

I also love people who make their jobs seem harder than they really are so that they carry some sense of self worth. unless you're a muthafuckin lumberjack, heart surgeon, or physicist... your job is fucking easy. might be tedious or boring but tedious/boring /= hard.
    there are also too many people, many here, who assume you just ask a band to play and they drop everything and say yes, no matter if they are off tour schedule, on the other side of the world, whatever, just because it is coachella.

i was hanging out with the producer of coachella, who is a friend, right around christmas of 2009. at that point they were still trying to secure a headliner. he and paul were calling each other a couple hundred times a day trying to figure something out, including late into the night that night while we were out. tell me they weren't working hard and stressing out with the weight/fate of the whole festival on their shoulders and lineup release a month or so away.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-20-2012 at 05:31 PM.

DJ Hell, Dave Clarke, Andrew Weatherhall, Stanton Warriors, and Krafty Kuts. A lot of names from the past that might not be of a big relevance now, but I think would do well at Coachella.

Someone mentioned High Contrast and I agree that Coachella missed out on not getting him during his spring tour. I did attend his show in Chicago this March and was pleasantly surprised by his set. I'm really not big into D&B, but he won me over. I was even more impressed with Netsky who opened for him.
    ass on the grill

Good thoughts on this page. I am giving them a mulligan for next year and still think they'll give us a nice treat.

:'(

God, I love these posts on here.. I hope GV does something for the Coachella regulars.. Crazy how much I've heard about Coachella this year from other people that didn't even know it existed 6 years ago.
    We attend Coachella for years - they give us the heineken dome.

LOL at the nublords talking about "how to run a successful business." The Sahara with Guetta and friends is a successful business. Do you know how much it costs to book Borgore? Not a whole lot.

I'm telling you guys: there has been a fundamental, and deliberate, change. The Cheesy Sahara is on purpose and no amount of petitions will alter that.

"Who the FUCK is Dave Clarke?!" - every single one of the teenagers who paid $300 to rage in the Sahara this year

Yes, unfortunately Coachella has been ruined by the new youth.

Well the Sahara has been ruined. So sad. So sad.

The travesty in all of this is that the group of friends who went with me this year (and who had zero EDM Knowledge going in) now think Swedish House Mafia, Alesso, and Afrojack are awesome. I really wish I could've exposed them to more legitimate edm acts - even last year would've been a million times better with Sasha, Chem's, Sven Vath, Schpongle etc. Now my friend can't stop playing "Save the World" in his car, and there's nothing I can do or say that will convince him that that track is utter garbage. And with the atrocity that was this year's sahara lineup, I'm sure that same situation is playing out in many a ipod and car stereos throughout the area.

Our generation that grew up with this EDM and supported it is now left in the dust as the cheesEDM has take over. Here in Texas, it's terrible. It's either dutch-house aka Afrojack, Chuckie, SHM being banged out over here. OR, it's brostep garbage. The kids love it. The $ is what is being chased and this is why we didn't see legit artists fill up the Sahara. It was lowest common denominator all weekend for EDM with the exception of a good act here and there. I am not into rock, but my gf is. With that said, I had a terrible time as I wasn't into seeing Arctic Monkeys, Mazzy Starr, Black Keys, or the other acts she dragged me to see. I knew there would be EDM there, but was utterly disgusted with the cheesEDM that was booked. I stayed in the Heineken dome moreso than anyother place so I could purchase drinks quickly to get toasted to try to pass the time. It was terrible. BUT, for the 25 and younger crowd, they went to heaven last weekend with the cheesEDM that was put on display.

Didn't step foot in the Sahara all weekend, but I enjoyed a bunch of electronic sets in the Mojave. I am not much of an EDM guy, what precisely would comprise an ideal dance lineup for you guys? You don't have to get too specific, I probably wouldn't know the acts anyways, but do you think it needed more Drum and Bass? Less House?

Quote Originally Posted by civicstyle2003 View Post
    Our generation that grew up with this EDM and supported it is now left in the dust as the cheesEDM has take over. Here in Texas, it's terrible. It's either dutch-house aka Afrojack, Chuckie, SHM being banged out over here. OR, it's brostep garbage. The kids love it. The $ is what is being chased and this is why we didn't see legit artists fill up the Sahara. It was lowest common denominator all weekend for EDM with the exception of a good act here and there. I am not into rock, but my gf is. With that said, I had a terrible time as I wasn't into seeing Arctic Monkeys, Mazzy Starr, Black Keys, or the other acts she dragged me to see. I knew there would be EDM there, but was utterly disgusted with the cheesEDM that was booked. I stayed in the Heineken dome moreso than anyother place so I could purchase drinks quickly to get toasted to try to pass the time. It was terrible. BUT, for the 25 and younger crowd, they went to heaven last weekend with the cheesEDM that was put on display.
    So true on the TX events.

maybe EDM is dead - either revive it or bury it

Mark my words, the Coachella boards shall be the ones to throw The Sahara a phoenix down
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Didn't step foot in the Sahara all weekend, but I enjoyed a bunch of electronic sets in the Mojave. I am not much of an EDM guy, what precisely would comprise an ideal dance lineup for you guys? You don't have to get too specific, I probably wouldn't know the acts anyways, but do you think it needed more Drum and Bass? Less House?
    There really wasn't much "House" at all in the Sahara.. or nothing I would consider it. Fuck I wouldn't even really consider Swedish HOUSE Mafia, house music. Sahara has been taken over by Cheese Electro/Garbage Dubstep/Party Rock Stlye Pop Anthems.... even Jacques Lu Cont who I thought would throw down a nice housey set played a "party" style set. I'm always down for more Drum N Bass or the DOME! I'd also love to see some turntablism as well. I honestly think Coachella is going to sell out from now on, no matter how the line-up is. I'd love to see some live sets in the Sahara again (Faithless, Prodigy, Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers)... Booking a HUGE act and then putting "Dj Set" right next to it is so disappointing.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

HAHA yaaaa i enjoyed Zeds dead,Nero sebastiAn,Jacque lu cont who was my fave dance act for sure....saw some borgore which was absolutely TERRIBLE the dude starts rapping in his terrible israeli accent while promoting sex this guy is a bad representation of israel its sad! Saw some Datsik that was decent he had some cool Led robots walking around,super bummed about NOISA playing waaaay too early on sunday of all days!

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    there are also too many people, many here, who assume you just ask a band to play and they drop everything and say yes, no matter if they are off tour schedule, on the other side of the world, whatever, just because it is coachella.

i was hanging out with the producer of coachella, who is a friend, right around christmas of 2009. at that point they were still trying to secure a headliner. he and paul were calling each other a couple hundred times a day trying to figure something out, including late into the night that night while we were out. tell me they weren't working hard and stressing out with the weight/fate of the whole festival on their shoulders and lineup release a month or so away.

Sure that makes sense if you're a band with multiple people and loads of equipment but we're talking about one person with a laptop and midi controller whose tour schedule easily accommodates back to back nights on different continents. So I don't think your story is applicable.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 04-21-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    DJ Hell, Dave Clarke, Andrew Weatherhall, Stanton Warriors, and Krafty Kuts. A lot of names from the past that might not be of a big relevance now, but I think would do well at Coachella.

Someone mentioned High Contrast and I agree that Coachella missed out on not getting him during his spring tour. I did attend his show in Chicago this March and was pleasantly surprised by his set. I'm really not big into D&B, but he won me over. I was even more impressed with Netsky who opened for him.
    Come on people.. Really? No good acts in the Sahara..? I too disliked most of the Sahara line-up this year (ended up not going) - but I want to know who got the crowd moving the most? Breakbot... Sebastian... Flylo?? And who were you pleasantly surprised with, that you thought you would dislike?

And I agree with Bosco, can we please finally get the Stanton Warriors at Coachella next year... And why has "Bent" never gotten a chance to come over?

Hope everyone is dancing and having a blast...
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

I thought it was pretty cool how they had a solid electronic act close down the Mojave each night this year. I expect that trend to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    ...None of us are immune to the energy that flows without us, and we all submit to it. Perhaps someday the tables will turn and the Sahara will be 12 hours of deep, groovy dance music... for now, however, accept the cheese into your heart. Let it consume your person and your spirit and from there: make some fucking noise.
    PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    I want to know who got the crowd moving the most? Breakbot... Sebastian... Flylo??
    Breakbot - Good
    Sebastian - Didn't see
    FlyLo - Played in Gobi or Mojave

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening