Thread: My registred weekend 2 wristband was stolen. Is there anything I can do?

Default My registred weekend 2 wristband was stolen. Is there anything I can do?

Too pissed to get in to the why and how right this second but can anybody tell me what I can do? My wristband is paid for and registered. I emailed customer support and haven't heard back yet, I plan to call tomorrow.

Default Re: My registred weekend 2 wristband was stolen. Is there anything I can do?

If you present the receipt/transaction history + ID you should be fine. The actual wristband costs 25$ (to replace or to get a new one)
    Paléo Festival - 2009 - 2010 - 2011

Oktober Fest - 2010

Frauenfeld - 2011

Monegros Festival Musica Electronica

Reading - 2008

Coachella - 2012

Default Re: My registred weekend 2 wristband was stolen. Is there anything I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasongenom View Post
    If you present the receipt/transaction history + ID you should be fine. The actual wristband costs 25$ (to replace or to get a new one)
    And if the thief enters before me? I'm afraid they will think I'm trying to scam my way in.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fauxShowPhx View Post
    And if the thief enters before me? I'm afraid they will think I'm trying to scam my way in.
    Sounds like you're trying to scam your way in

ah now

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to scam your way in
    Though your suspicion validates my concern, you can eat me. I waited online for an hour and a half to buy my ticket like everyone else. I've also been a member since 2008, this is not a throwaway account.

I have the original receipt too.
    Last edited by fauxShowPhx; 04-17-2012 at 01:48 AM.

There are easier ways to sneak into Coachella. I just want what I paid for, or at the very least for my wristband to be deactivated so the **** thief has to sit outside.
    Last edited by fauxShowPhx; 04-17-2012 at 01:46 AM.

What I'm saying is... it sounds like you sold it, and that you're trying to get a free one at the expense of the buyer. I'd say let karma take its toll. You sir can eat yourself, or go hungry ; )

You need to call Front Gate with all your information have them cancel the wristband and I am sure they can have a replacement band at the Indian Wells Will Call..I wouldnt wait until the festival to take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fauxShowPhx View Post
    Well, thanks for chiming in buddy. Google fauxshow phoenix, my name is jared alan, my facebook is pretty easy to find, as are my whereabouts, but I wont waste my time arguing with a moron.

Well, thanks for chiming in buddy. Google fauxshow phoenix, my name is jared alan, my facebook is pretty easy to find, as are my whereabouts. The original wristband is in my name so it is connected to me, it wouldn't be hard to press charges if I were trying to fuck someone over, but I wont waste my time arguing with a moron.
    Last edited by fauxShowPhx; 04-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Hipster View Post
    You need to call Front Gate with all your information have them cancel the wristband and I am sure they can have a replacement band at the Indian Wells Will Call..I wouldnt wait until the festival to take care of it.
    Thanks for the helpful reply. I called frontgate and worked it out, they will have my wristband waiting for me, hopefully it doesn't slip through the cracks.
    Last edited by fauxShowPhx; 04-17-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Haha okay. Have a good time. Hopefully "The Thief" gets fucked over. Nameless characters like this are of no repute, and will be dealt with on their own terms. One hand washes the other! Fear nothing!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

you know, in most cases, tickets are meant to be looked at as cash. It's pretty amazing that a situation like this would have even the most remote possibility of being fixed.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

How did the pass get stolen? I'd contact the police, and show the theft report to Frontgate. If not, at least show your tits.

Yeah let's hear this story about who stole it and how! I would file a police report if I knew who it was!
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Maybe his mom "stole" it and he's actually grounded.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Confirmed. He's grounded. Mom says hi.

If it was registered under your name & phone number etc. and it matches your receipt, you should have no problems getting a replacement once you get a hold of front gate which sounds like you did. That's the real benefit of registering it. That's also why you DON'T buy a registered wristband from somebody. I wonder if FG allows an original buyer, let's call him Mr. Scalpo, to call in and deactivate a wristband that was registered by someone else (someone he sold the wristband to) if he knew the RFID# ?
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    If it was registered under your name & phone number etc. and it matches your receipt, you should have no problems getting a replacement once you get a hold of front gate which sounds like you did. That's the real benefit of registering it. That's also why you DON'T buy a registered wristband from somebody. I wonder if FG allows an original buyer, let's call him Mr. Scalpo, to call in and deactivate a wristband that was registered by someone else (someone he sold the wristband to) if he knew the RFID# ?
    Glad I'm not the only one seeing this "issue"

They just might. But unless someone knows how to buy a wristband anonymously they could easily be tracked down and prosecuted. Either way, I don't think I will be buying Coachella tickets from scalpers anytime soon, my wristband, now deactivated, is floating around and could easily be sold to some poor kid.

If anyone does plan to buy from a scalper, I'd get as much info as you can from them, a pic of their ID, address, phone etc. Legit sellers shouldn't have a problem with this. Maybe a career scalper would, but fuck those guys, don't give them your money.

It's deactivated give us the story!

I wonder if FG allows an original buyer, let's call him Mr. Scalpo, to call in and deactivate a wristband that was registered by someone else (someone he sold the wristband to) if he knew the RFID# ?
    Anyone think this can happen?
    i am trying to get a wristband right now. and trying to make sure i dont get totally screwed. seems a good screwing is inevitable.

I believe i have answered a important question.
    Treat your wristband like cash $$$. It will not be replaced if lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
    http://www.coachella.com/festival-pa...out-wristbands

So, how did it get stolen?
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

I entered on Sunday right behind some kid trying to get in with a Week 1 wristband he claimed to have just bought from "them." Geniusfail.