Thread: UFOs During Bon Iver?

Default UFOs During Bon Iver?

Did anyone see 4 white things flying through the air during Bon Iver's set? I thought they were birds at first but as they flew more overhead they looked more like a cross. They kept flying in different formations and moved fairly quickly across the sky from west to east. I also saw them a few minutes later with a small amber light being emitted from the bottom of them.

They definitely weren't these things:

They were flying pretty high too. Just wondering if anyone else saw them besides my friends and me.

There were no drugs involved either
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Default Re: UFOs During Bon Iver?

dang aliens getting a free coachella!!

Yes, I saw those. People in the Lot 10 campground said they were balloons powered by fire - they were really fast.

Lol they were Paper lanterns caught in the wind .

Drugs are bad.
    mmmmkaayyy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    Did anyone see 4 white things flying through the air during Bon Iver's set? I thought they were birds at first but as they flew more overhead they looked more like a cross. They kept flying in different formations and moved fairly quickly across the sky from west to east. I also saw them a few minutes later with a small amber light being emitted from the bottom of them.
    on Sunday during Seun Kuti and saw four white things flying through the air and decided they were either egrets or something like that. Large all white birds flying pretty fast and high. I didn't see them with small amber light though.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Lol they were Paper lanterns caught in the wind .
    They definitely weren't. I saw the lanterns but these were something else, they flew in distinct formations and would change every so often, unlike the lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    on Sunday during Seun Kuti and saw four white things flying through the air and decided they were either egrets or something like that. Large all white birds flying pretty fast and high. I didn't see them with small amber light though.
    That's what I thought at first, but I didn't see any wings flapping. It seemed like these had a rigid structure to them. I thought they were egrets until I saw the patterns they were flying in.
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

I saw something Friday night that was hovering and then bolted sideways and took off....I didn't think it was a UFO but if it is flying, and we can't identify it.....it's a UFO.

The things with light emmiting from the bottom were candle lanterns tho. Totally saw some fast moving balls of light over the fields tho.

Definitely saw some very faint, very fast things flying very high up in formation Sunday night. Possibly military jets doing training exercises?
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

Was it that airplane with the LEd screen on its underbelly? At big events there are always these planes that fly back and forth with words/event promo ads scrolling across so ppl on the ground can look up and read. Could also be military though, i saw a few jets during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I saw something Friday night that was hovering and then bolted sideways and took off....I didn't think it was a UFO but if it is flying, and we can't identify it.....it's a UFO.
    My thought's exactly, it was unidentified and it was flying so it was a UFO.

Quote Originally Posted by theGold View Post
    Was it that airplane with the LEd screen on its underbelly? At big events there are always these planes that fly back and forth with words/event promo ads scrolling across so ppl on the ground can look up and read. Could also be military though, i saw a few jets during the day.
    Nah it definitely wasn't the plane advertising. I thought they could have been military, but however I waited to hear the sound from them and nothing. It was pretty crazy.

You'd think there would be footage of it given how many dipshits were watching bands through their smart phone cameras for the entire duration of sets this year

Saw one about 20 feet in front of me on the way back to the campground. They were like mini hot air balloons.
    Coachella - '12 --- Lollapalooza - '08 --- Sasquatch - '06, '09, '10, '11
    Friday: M83 : Explosions in the Sky : Amon Tobin
    Saturday: Radiohead : Flying Lotus : tune-yards : Childish Gambino : The Shins : Jeff Mangum : Godspeed You! Black Emperor : SBTRKT
    Sunday: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg : DJ Shadow : At the Drive-In : Beats Antique : The Weeknd : Girl Talk :

I wasn't going to mention this cause I thought everyone would say I'm crazy, but I saw those things all weekend! Especially at night.

I wish had my video camera... the first time I saw them right before SHM played, a group of about 10-15 were flying right over me and my girlfriend. We thought they were ducks, but then we realized they were circular, slightly illuminated and flying in a very strange pattern.

The weirdest part was they started to interweave very strangely into a vortex type of shape then fuckin disappeared!!!!! It was definitely some of the weirdest shit I've ever seen in my entire life. It still creeps me out!

I also saw some on Sunday night while walking to the ferris wheel. There were things that looked like moths, but as big as a car it seemed, interweaving through the spotlights that are pointed to the sky. Then they all gathered together and flew over the camp grounds.

Did anyone get any video???

Quote Originally Posted by jonniebgood View Post
    I wasn't going to mention this cause I thought everyone would say I'm crazy, but I saw those things all weekend! Especially at night.

I wish had my video camera... the first time I saw them right before SHM played, a group of about 10-15 were flying right over me and my girlfriend. We thought they were ducks, but then we realized they were circular, slightly illuminated and flying in a very strange pattern.

The weirdest part was they started to interweave very strangely into a vortex type of shape then fuckin disappeared!!!!! It was definitely some of the weirdest shit I've ever seen in my entire life. It still creeps me out!

I also saw some on Sunday night while walking to the ferris wheel. There were things that looked like moths, but as big as a car it seemed, interweaving through the spotlights that are pointed to the sky. Then they all gathered together and flew over the camp grounds.

Did anyone get any video???
    That is almost exactly what I saw! They were going around in the lights, flying in formations and then they grouped up and took off.

Also Casualjj, those may have been the chinese lanterns that we were referring to. I saw a few people let some go in the campsite.

I definitely saw something similar to what your describing. I could be wrong but I thought it was 5 lights, with an amber color like you're saying. I saw it during the At the Driving set while I was waiting for snoop/dre on Sunday. It went from East to West and disappeared. The crazy thing was that I saw it 3 times over the course of about 15-20 minutes. Each time with similar but slightly different formation. It always seems to revert to a v, sort of like how birds fly.

Glad to know I'm not crazy!

Definitely wasn't the plane, because I saw them both at the same time on Sunday night.

ufo_triangle.gif

This image is pretty close to what I saw, but they were moving in and out of this formation.

Anybody see anything strange Weekend 2?

I did not see any of the things described during weekend 1. After hearing a bunch of odd lights in the sky stories weekend two I look up to the sky on Sunday after the festival was over and saw exactly what everyone is talking about in this forum. I dismissed them as birds at first because of their flight pattern. Shortly after they became unorganized and almost at a stand still in the sky above the campgrounds. Space Invaderchella!

It was Daft Punk, they are aliens.

This thread is honestly a little disconcerting. I saw the pretty birds at Sean Kuti though...pretty bird
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Lurker

Crazy that someone posted about this! I didn't see any bird looking things, but on Saturday I saw an unidentified object.

Mine was a triangular shape, with white lights in each corner, and it was going pretty fast, West to East. I swear I've seen something like this before last year. I researched about UFOs as soon as I got home, ha. There are actually a lot of sightings in the area, a common one is the triangular UFO, just like I've seen... I know there is a military base, 29 Palms not too far away, so I considered that. Or thought maybe it was some kind of satellite? I've seen satellites before too, they look like fast moving bright stars... so that is something to consider.

Like someone said, if they cannot be identified, they're UFOs. And they are kind of awesome. (No drugs involved, either)

Lurker

I wish I saw that...

Mike, totally saw what you are talking about... was fucked up so let it be... figured it was shooting stars, planes, something along those lines. Glad someone else saw it as well... definitely felt a little alien but I blamed that on the state of mind!

I'm amazed at how few of us actually saw these things, especially with all the reasons Coachella gives us to look up.

I've been searching youtube for video that might surface and while these weren't exactly the things I saw that freaked me out the most, I did see these also. This video was just uploaded to yt a couple days ago

On another side note, I got this 2011 shirt from Coachella this year and with all the UFO talk I noticed this for the first time. http://imgur.com/a/6fCfd

The shirt seems to have a ufo or something in the sky on the right corner polaroid. Does gv know something we don't?

No, they were just floating Z’s.

Years ago, 2007 maybe, I was laying on back at night at the outdoor stage, staring at those spotlights. I went solo that year. I saw what I now consider to have been a SHIT LOAD of bats flying VERY high overhead. They all flew through the one of the spot lights. It tripped me out. There was a couple behind me so I started asking if they saw what I saw. They laughed and looked at me as though I were high...I was high, but I DID see whatever it was I saw.

This year, 2012, during Explosions in the Sky, I also saw an object moving around in the sky, highlighted by one of the spotlights. It kind of moved exactly like described by mr clit in the first post. Oh, and I was NOT high when I saw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.