Thread: Who the Fuck is Theophilus London and Why Should I Give a Shit About What He's Wearin

Default Who the Fuck is Theophilus London and Why Should I Give a Shit About What He's Wearin

So he grooved to the Black Keys and checks the Smiths. One ball, one strike.

He also "incorporates Post-Punk (also called New Wave)" into his sound.

But who the fuck is he?

I'm not from LA, is the LA Examiner always this fucking stupid?

http://www.examiner.com/rock-music-i...coachella-2012

Like so many young music hipsters, Theophilus London headed to Coachella 2012. And to be seen in the VIP section, of course. He grooved to the riffs laid down by The Black Keys on Friday night with a smile on his face, enjoying the company of his friends. He was kind to the fans who said hello and wanted photos. While he certainly enjoyed the tunes, he was also there to perform with A$AP Rocky who was on the schedule for Saturday night.

London is a crossover artist who builds his sound around alternative rock influences. He built his indie credibility by working with some indie artists like Sara Quin of Tegan and Sara. He's used music by The XX and Ellie Goulding for his remixes. Like B.o.B. and Nicki Minaj, he also sings.

He released an album titled, This Charming Mixtape, clearly making reference to a song by the Smiths called "This Charming Man." In addition to alternative rock, he also incorporates Post-Punk (also called New Wave) and soul into his sound.

London is known as a young style icon according to The Daily Beast. He designed a clothing line wtih Gucci and shoes with Cole Haan. He was the fall face of Tommy Hilfiger in 2011. At Coachella he eschewed some of the major clothing labels and instead wore a Major Lazer jacket. The photo to the left was snapped in the VIP section as he posed graciously with his lady friend.

Visit www.youtube.com/Theophilus_London for more music and videos.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: Who the Fuck is Theophilus London and Why Should I Give a Shit About What He's We

A mediocre artist whose work is furthering the homogeneity of modern music, I think Spin like him.

Last edited by stinkbutt; 04-16-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Default Re: Who the Fuck is Theophilus London and Why Should I Give a Shit About What He's We

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I think Spin like him.
    This should be your first clue to avoid it like the plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

No, my first clues were "young style icon" and "he designed a line of clothing".
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

check out his track wine and chocolates

its tight.

A better question is what the fuck have you done lately!?!?

nice try Theophilus, but your music is bad and you should feel bad for making it.