Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012 Moshing?

Lurker

Default Re: 2012 Moshing?

Refused was violent and awesome with an older crowd. Black lips was also awesome but with 15-19 year olds at the pit.

Kaiser Chiefs had one right in front of me. Kinda annoying with loud ass sweaty mexicans flailing around.
    Coachella - '09 '10 '11 '12 (#1) '13 (#1)

Lurker

ARE GUYS READY ¿!!¿!¿!¿!¿!¿!¿!¿!¿!¿!¿!¿

Refused was the most violent (and best) crowd all weekend if you ask me. Death Grips had some great moshing moments in there too, as did the Buzzcocks.

Moshing ruined Sahara acts this year. I saw fights also. Dancing music is now ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by imjihoon View Post
    Moshing ruined Sahara acts this year. I saw fights also. Dancing music is now ruined.
    I hate using the term "Bro" but I feel it's completely appropriate to label the crowd who came for Guetta, SHM, Avicii and most of the crappy EDM/Dubstep bands as party bros. They ruin music.

ATR was probably badly hurt by their crappy set time. Although it was at night like it should have been, they were up against The Black Keys, M83 and Mazzy Star/Explosions In the Sky. I moved over for ATR right after Mazzy ended their set, but the crowd was never substantial, and no one seemed to take them seriously. Sad really, because they seemed pretty solid.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

ATDI could have been more violent if Omar wasn't just standing there. What I would have liked for them was to play around 6. The mosh at the DFA 1979 reunion last year was intense. I wish I could have been at Refused.
    August 24 & 25: FYF Fest

The pit near me during Arctic Monkeys was fucking obnoxious. Eight 16-year-olds enjoying Baby's First Moshpit™ and generally annoying everyone else around them.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    The pit near me during Arctic Monkeys was fucking obnoxious. Eight 16-year-olds enjoying Baby's First Moshpit™ and generally annoying everyone else around them.
    The reason why I generally avoid Arctic Monkeys... the fanbase has gotten incredibly young. I liked them better when I saw them at Lolla 09. Baby's First Moshpit... Nice.

I think everyone is going to agree then that Refused took the cake?
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Coachella Junkie

wait wait. Who had moshers in the Sahara? FlyLo? Afrojack? Zedds Dead?

What the hell?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    The reason why I generally avoid Arctic Monkeys... the fanbase has gotten incredibly young. I liked them better when I saw them at Lolla 09. Baby's First Moshpit... Nice.
    I totally agree with your observation. The kids have no concert going etiquette either. It is also pretty sad that the chickies are screaming "I love you Alex" in between every song. I'm embarrassed for him.

Shout out to the people who returned my phone and wallet to the lost & found after the Refused pit. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Nice user name.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by imjihoon View Post
    This is 100% true.

I was annoyed by all of the assholes that stuck around the Sahara tent to watch sebastiAn on Wk1. It was really removing me from being able to enjoy the show. I don't care if you want to get hype/mosh/etc...[whatever you want to put here], but don't try and force people who don't want to into it. It kept happening repeatedly. The worst offender was some bro in a fuzzy bear head hat. HE found his way to Flying Lotus and tried doing the same thing. He even just flat out randomly punched some guy in the face for no reason. The crowd dragged him out. It was satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by AViewFromMisShapes View Post
    I totally agree with your observation. The kids have no concert going etiquette either. It is also pretty sad that the chickies are screaming "I love you Alex" in between every song. I'm embarrassed for him.
    You're embarrassed for him because a bunch of chicks want his dick? lol... I'm sure he's doing okay

And was the annoying mosh pit at Monkeys you guys are talking about near the front of the stage to the right side?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead004 View Post
    You're embarrassed for him because a bunch of chicks want his dick? lol... I'm sure he's doing okay

And was the annoying mosh pit at Monkeys you guys are talking about near the front of the stage to the right side?
    Well, it's a known fact for years now that chicks want his dick. It would be nice if they can spare just a tad of that dick loving energy towards his music.

I don't consider anything I see at Monkeys a mosh pit.

Borgore. It was fuckin stupid. I hate moshers.

Quote Originally Posted by waltermakesmusic View Post
    Borgore. It was fuckin stupid. I hate moshers.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Lurker

Refused had a pretty violent pit but like someone else mentioned people were still helping eachother out if someone fail or got hurt and just having a fun time. I felt like 16 yr old kid with the way everyone was getting along in the pit and I also remember that little asian chick in the pit she actually grabbed me and rammed me into the crowd at one point and just kept on moshing