Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Narc-Chella 2012?

Default Re: Narc-Chella 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Perhaps shit like this wouldn't happen to you people if you didn't all look like bumbling drugged out idiots.
    My sis and I were speed walking around the corner of the Merch booth when some guy in khakis asked if we had weed. We quickly said no and kept going. I didn't think about it until later but he could've been a narc. Looked like security... Either way, we were far from bumbling drugged out idiots. Wouldn't think running would set off red flags lol

Another reason I didn't think much of it was I saw one of the security guys by the speakers in the Sahara tent take a hit off someone's joint. So yeah, security didn't seem so strict after that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Life's tough. Sacrifices have to be made. Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

looks like if I ever were to ask for anything people would assume im a narc... you guys are paranoid

A guy in khaki shorts came up to my girlfriend and complimented her hair, then asked if she had "any addies" and we were like wtf and he said "adderall!" dude must've been in his 40s. I was confused as shit.

I've read these threads for years, decided to chime in with some info.

First of all, say no to everything, and be nice to everyone. If you do, you'll be safe and fun towards everyone - narcs and real concert goers and everyone in between.

-------

In Sahara a girl aggressively / over friendly hitting on me with 3-5 questions - trying to make them seem relevant to the music - with her friend standing awkwardly eying me, then asking for something, then saying bye and moving on two rows up.

I guess its a price to pay for looking like I am the life of the party.

Saw the same girl stone cold sober 3-4 hours later in the beer garden main stage trying to chat up a friend of mine. He reminded her that she already had hit on me, and then she just peaced out.

Someone else earlier mentioned the Australian stuff and I had a run in with an Australian chic as well.

Where do they find these chics? Are they cops?

It just sucks because I am just wasted off vodka, but am scared that I got people that are actually there to get me. Bad vibes when I am trying to high five people.

If people are to be punished onl yfor their blameworthy acts, then acts that are not blameworthy do not call for punishment.

On the flip side, I heard of one arrest, and that someone that actually was dealing. He made it back to the show Sunday night after his arrest earlier in the weekend.

On the other flip side real security was awesome, respectful, and even fun at times. Saw some dude who lost his wallet and some middle aged security women were helping him find it and saying things like "You came to this festival to have fun, not lose your money." It was kind a nice positive boost to the day.
    Last edited by georgeorwell; 04-24-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Fascinating
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

I was standing with my friend Melissa waiting for her boyfriend and our other friends to come back from the restrooms between the Sahara and Mojavi.

Some fat hispanic looking dude walks up to us and asks "What are you smoking?" and we just look at him like ??? And she flashes him her cigarette, but says nothing. He says "Boy it sure smells good..." so we just look at him like ???????????? and I tell him to fuck off and I turn my back on him, as does her. He continues to stand there behind us, watching her smoke.

When our friends came back, we went into the Mojave for Modeselektor and the guy followed us into the tent. None of us were smoking pot or anything, she didn't even have a clove. It was just a regular cigarette.

Guy creeped us out so we moved to another part of the tent.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

I think a decent amount of people here are actually getting paranoid or just ran into somebody legitimately looking for drugs but already were on drugs so obviously appeared sketchy, especially georgeorwell but he writes like he's still on drugs

I didn't run into any narcs really (though I saw a decked out raver girl walking around the car-camp line to get in, then conspicuously talking to cops a little later). I did however, share drugs with many people.

There was this older dude who came up at the end of Death Grips looking for bud, "hey can I give you like 10 bucks for a joint, etc". I just looked him right in the eye, "No I won't sell it to you. But where are you from". He answered Portland, seemed sincere enough, so I let him sit down with our crew and we puffed bowls for like 30 minutes until Wu Lyf came on. Very chill. I was sketched out initially because he was older and definitely could have been a cop but I dunno, I feel like I'm pretty good at reading people. Just ask them a bunch of questions, who are you going to see, where are you from, is this your first chella. A liar will have trouble answering easy questions like that.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    I think a decent amount of people here are actually getting paranoid or just ran into somebody legitimately looking for drugs but already were on drugs so obviously appeared sketchy, especially georgeorwell but he writes like he's still on drugs
    Haha this is exactly what I was thinking

I think I saw a group of undercover NARCS on Sat afternoon around the pinball tent in camp. It was a white girl (30s) and black built man (40s), both wearing casual clothes with backpacks, walking from the LOT 10 camp area to the map and stopped like they were meeting someone there (standing in one spot, looking around). The reason I noticed them at first was the fact that the guy was wearing one of those parody T-Shirts which had the Warner Brothers symbol on it but instead said "If you see a cop, Warn A Brotha". Didn't really think they were narcs at that point but I definitely made a mental thought about the shirt itself, how it was an older guy wearing what usually stupid high school kids wear and the fact it was a black 'brotha' wearing the shirt.

Well moments pass after I stopped looking at the two when I noticed them again, this time the girl was driving a golf cart coming somewhere from the dodge ball area and the black man was in the passenger seat, they stopped right where they were once standing. Then there was also 2-3 largely built white guys (40s) waiting in the same spot they girl and guy were previously in that now hopped on the golf cart, dressed in 'cool' douchey style, with backpacks too, as they sped off in the distance.

Seemed really suspicious after I had thought about it, pretty sure it was a NARC crew

This dude wearing a blue shirt and mardi gra beads kept coming back to our tent asking if he could buy some acid

Something about him didnt feel right to me, but off course my other buddy immediately said he could buy some off us. I then cut my friend off and said we dont have any. This same guy came back 3 times in the course of an hour and a half. The third time he came back with a pipe and just started trying to smoke right in front of us to prove he was "down". I told him "for the last time, we cant sell you any because we dont have any. My friend was just joking. It wont be hard to find here though as long as you have good intentions..... just have good intentions and you will find it"
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

SO! After 3 pages of is this a narc or not?

To all people who were considered narcs but weren't: Bring your own drugs. People think you're going to send them to jail when you ask for drugs like a high schooler.

probs cooking pots

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    The undercover is always followed by 1-2 cops that arrest and take away the perp. Then one cop takes the perp and the undercover and cop #2 go looking again.

I met the guy running security this year and he told me all about the system....he laughed at how easy it was to bust people in the past.
    The wristbands are the giveaway....
    What kinda wristbands?

i get asked at least 2-3 times a year. not sure if i look like a dealer or stoned (i'm neither) but it's never been in the same location and only once did it seem like they could have been a narc (she was persistent and immediately changed tone/posture/body language after i made it clear i wasn't dealing). oddly enough it's almost always been someone asking for acid.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

just tell them they can pay, but you only accept high fives as currency.

hahhah I'm imagining some confused kid trying to hand you $5 bills in the air

I sold mugwogs acid soaked raccoon tail for $500

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I gave away

150 hits of LSD for free......fuck narcs
    Uhh, can we be friends at Outside Lands, please? Because this is my kind of party.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

I gave away

150 hits of LSD for free......fuck narcs
    I did that last year. Anyone that is boss enough to not sleep Sunday night got a prize from me. Feltgoodman
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

My group was at the back edge of lot 7, and there was constantly at least 3 cop cars parked along our row. There were also two watchtowers with cops watching the campgrounds with binoculars. What's worse, there were alot of people wearing straight clothes kinda pacing along the campsites. During the 2nd day we saw 3-4 cops walk into one of our neighbors' campground and raid the place when they werent there as we were walking by to get into the festival. That shit mustve sucked but they were openly talking about candyflipping during the day time, and cops can legally do that if they have suspicion or reasonable cause to do so.
    Also, we all saw multiple arrests next to the row of portapotties in the corner of lot 7 and one time it was a guy talking to this girl at night and I swear he was a narc cuz they went into one of the stalls and two cops roll up and arrest the chick when she came out of the stall.
    Unfortunately all that fucking bullshit is legal and they can't be sued for entrapment or anything because they are all protected under the 4th amendment. So yeah the only way to be certain that you wont get in the deep shit is by not selling and if you are, follow advice already given and ask questions and really feel them out before you make the deal. Don't be stupid and just sell to anyone who asks. Also, party favors are important for a festival like coachella, especially for weekend ones like me who had to deal with that ridiculous cold at night with bud (not the beer), but be smart about it and make sure you're not announcing it to the entire campground, and keep it out of plain sight. Someone said something about wristbands, I think they were mentioning the fact that narcs and undercovers typically have vip wristbands so be careful about that. They can profile us, but we can profile them too.

At least that's what i've learned from four years at THE FESTIVAL ON EARTH!!!! and law school!!!!

ALSO, this has been circulating the forums

"As a lawyer who's seen both sides of a criminal case, I can say that this advice is pretty spot on:
    Apart from not doing anything illegal (or at least openly advertising that you're doing anything illegal), there are basic rules of thumb to follow in any citizen/police encounter. For those who don't want to click through everything, here are the basic steps to follow if you encounter a police officer at Coachella or anywhere else:
    1) Be calm, cool, and collected.
    2) Be respectful, but firmly exercise your right to remain silent and to not answer questions you feel uncomfortable with.
    3) Respectfully refuse searches if asked (note: this will probably not work well at the Coachella gate, since you are giving your authorizaton to be searched as a condition of entry).
    4) Don't get tricked, and be careful of strangers. The police are allowed to lie and use subterfuge (as well documented in these and similar threads).
    5) If you are being detained, continually ask if you are free to go.
    6) Don't expose yourself (again, if you light up a joint in the middle of the polo fields, or start acting like the naked wizard, the constitution probably won't be able to help you much, no matter how lax law enforcement traditionally is at Coachella).
    7) Don't EVER run.
    8) Don't EVER touch a cop.
    9) Report police misconduct and watch out for the rights of your fellow concert-goers (remember, all of those recording devices can be used to capture things other than buzz bands)."

p.s. sorry for the long post bahaha

So is it true the General Store in the Campgrounds sold metal pipes? My friend went looking for spray sunscreen and all they had was little packets, but he says he saw pipes for sale. This amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    So is it true the General Store in the Campgrounds sold metal pipes? My friend went looking for spray sunscreen and all they had was little packets, but he says he saw pipes for sale. This amuses me.
    yes they did
    and lighters were $5 and not even bics

Not as bad as three dollar ear plugs or hiking up hoodie prices when it god cold...just leaves a bad taste in my mouth thinking about it

i dunno, you feel absolutely ripped off for buying a $5 lighter, but then you weigh the consequences of having to ask strangers for a lighter the whole day at the festival

Or you hit up goat and get a free gram with each gifted bic....might even have a nice design like this

^ I like where you're going with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Or you hit up goat and get a free gram with each gifted bic....might even have a nice design like this
    have you smoked all that bubble yet?

if not go put your mouth to use buddy

i just had a stoner moment on friday where you have everything but the lighter and a charged cell phone

Yeah that shit was bomb....I'm gonna throw my 25mic bag away.
    Come up soon and teach me your ways.....never have I ever had bubble that good...and clay colored. Thank you.

I don't know shit about making anything. BUDDY
    Last edited by Mugwog; 04-26-2012 at 07:05 PM.