Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Narc-Chella 2012?

Default Re: Narc-Chella 2012?

tl;dr

It was a relatively good read.

I'm still not clear as to whether if they had searched, would they have found anything?

I don't think so. The OP was really reaching for a "cool story bro" reaction. Therefore, he does not do drugs, at least not good ones.

It actually sounds like you "made" a thief, not a police officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

On Friday night this kid came up and asked for a light. He pulled out a well rolled joint, and he lights his shit. He bolted. He didn't offer me or my party a hit; he didn't even say thank you. I start my rhetoric about the declining values of the millennium drug user. I am interrupted by the dude's friend with the same well rolled, poorly lit, and fragrant marijuana cigarette. He asks for a light, states that his bro is an idiot, and, he too, bolts without offering up a hit or a thank you. Frankly I was amazed.

That is terrible drug etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    On Friday of first weekend we saw a couple guys walking out of the campsite with a lil mexican dude in handcuffs.. my friends asks if they are cops to which they reply 'no' and just keep walking..

Then the next day this guy who looks like a typical Sahara bro in shorts and a t-shirt walks up to me at my campsite this year and asks if I know where he can find any pills... I say no but to keep looking cuz the shit is 'around' lol I guess I gave him the impression I was cool with drugs or had a personal stash or whatever... So then I lock up the car (I was the last one still chillin at the site) and head over to the showers for an afternoon spritz, when I'm near the edge of the campsite I look to my right and see the same guy standing in the path looking around, I'm pretty friendly so I walk up to him and ask if he found what he was looking for, he says no so again I just say keep looking it's around lol.. I'm still ignorant at this point.

So I walk towards the showers but when I get to the main road I see there is a big line so I take a left and start following the road to where the sinks were so I could just have a beercan-shower instead. I then head back to my campsite... as I walk up I see the same dude step out of our campsite between the two cars. It instantly hits me, fuck this guy is undercover DEA or something, he thought I was suspicions so he followed me when I left the site and then when he saw me change directions he must have thought I was heading into the festival, so he headed back to our campsite to snoop around (I'm guessing you don't really need a search warrant to look through bags and/or a tent that somebody ostensibly left lying in a field somewhere...), hoping to find some drugs and confront me with them when I got back maybe? like tell us where you got the drugs or you'll be charged with possession sorta deal, hoping i'd lead them to some dealers. Fuck.

So I'm thinking I just HAVE to know for sure, so I walk up to the guy pretending to be all friendly and make chit chat, I ask him where he's from, he says Huntington Beach, I tell him I know some people from there actually and ask him what high school he went to... His eyes then did this thing where they shot from side to side real quickly and he stammers out some bullshit school name, and i just KNEW he was full of shit. So I then politely tell him 'right well I can appreciate that youre looking for your drugs and all and I don't have a problem with that, but I think it's really weird that I come back from the showers and find you IN my campsite' to which he stammers 'OH this is YOUR campsite? Oh I had no idea!' and now I'm COMPLETELY sure he's full of shit, like dude you were just here asking me if I could sell you drugs and we are driving a crazy space van thats impossible to miss, then I talked to you again ten minutes later... So I decided I needed to politely tell him to fuck off without making it too too obvious that I had 'made' him so I say 'Ya well just to be clear, I'd appreciate it if you could go look for your drugs somewhere else because YOURE NOT GOING TO FIND ANYTHING HERE. (I was hinting that I knew he was looking through our site) And there are definitely NO drug dealers staying here. So go look somewhere else please'. So he says cool and walks over to his friend who had been on lookout about 40 m away and they walk off together. No shit.

Best part of the story is, the next day when we're heading into the festival we walk around to use the general admission entrance rather than the campground entrance to avoid the big lines, and as we are rounding the corner where the road meets the walkway up to the gates (about 150 m from the gates still) I see the SAME FUCKING DUDE wearing a safety vest and sitting on one of those bikes with the lil trailers behind, posing as one of those guys who you pay to give you a ride out to your car or to transport shit for you. You know the guys. But instead of transporting shit he was just hanging out watching people walk in towards the gates. See, I figure after I politely 'made' him as an undercover, he got demoted to lookout duty - he was just chilling there watching for people who get within sight of the main gates, see that they are frisking people, and think 'Oh shit, I gotta hide my shit ASAP' and quickly start hiding shit (drugs and whatnot) in there underwear or socks or somehting, at which point he would bust em.

At this point i'm feeling rather cocky so I walk straight up to the guy and say 'Hey! did you ever find what you were looking for??' at first he tried to feign ignorance but I could tell he recognized me and eventually he says 'uh.. no, not yet' and as I walk away I say 'Well, you're still DEFINITELY not going to find anything in MY campsite!' just to make it abundantly clear that if he or his cop buddies went back to my site to search around some more, it would be a big waste of time.

The guy got the message and just started laughing.

fuck the police.
    fuck narcs
    2012w1
    2013w1

Fake narcs are worse. There was a crew going around the South East in 2004-2005 and they would rock fake badges and go on and on about how if you just handed over the contraband there wouldn't be any trouble. So many kids got scammed.. Word got around and people wised up. Pretty sure they caught a beating.

Hahahaha yes!! Fuck the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    Fake narcs are worse. There was a crew going around the South East in 2004-2005 and they would rock fake badges and go on and on about how if you just handed over the contraband there wouldn't be any trouble. So many kids got scammed.. Word got around and people wised up. Pretty sure they caught a beating.
    LOL. Acutally kinda smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Good rule of thumb: never buy drugs from someone wearing running shoes.

Normally I say fuck anyone trying to bum or buy drugs in the fest. Bring your own party supplies but I'm coming from Texas dammit.

I won't be packing my running shoes...

im a music photographer, i covered ultra this year but unfortunately didnt get the accreditation for coachella but hopefully this year itll all go through. already got weekend 2 tickets for both ultra and coachella, sucks so bad coming from overseas because everyone is a stranger! maybe now ive introduced myself someone will wanna be my friend? haha

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LissyRenee View Post
    im a music photographer, i covered ultra this year but unfortunately didnt get the accreditation for coachella but hopefully this year itll all go through. already got weekend 2 tickets for both ultra and coachella, sucks so bad coming from overseas because everyone is a stranger! maybe now ive introduced myself someone will wanna be my friend? haha

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

It's okay if a narc pets your pecker, right? As long as you hide the drugs?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    Normally I say fuck anyone trying to bum or buy drugs in the fest. Bring your own party supplies but I'm coming from Texas dammit.

I won't be packing my running shoes...
    Im from Texas too and had so much trouble finding stuff last year. Thurs night seemed like the ideal night to seek out what we wanted with all the party around us in the campsite but we still struggled. It wasn't until Sat we met some people from Cali during breakfast and hit them up in their campsite. Got everything we wanted and then some. The rest of the fest was great thereafter.

I had a guy come up to me outside Sahara tent and ask me if I "was selling pills" I just told him to go ask someone with glow sticks. I didn't even bring drugs.
    Friday
    Modest Mouse, Passion Pit, Of Monsters and Men, Earl Sweatshirt, Aesop Rock, The Neighborhood

Saturday

The XX, Phoenix, Grizzly Bear, Violent Femmes, Two Door Cinema Club

Sunday

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Grimes, Unicorn Kid, Wu-Tang Clan

Lurker

Yes....this did happen a lot more last year. I would say it has a lot to do with the VERY young crowd that seems to have taken up the majority as of recent. If i had a dollar for ever little tween i saw puking off the sides of the Sahara tent or incoherently slouching over alone in the middle of a heavily trafficked/walk through area, I'd be able to buy everyone at coachella a beer. EVEN DROGAS COME WITH RESPONSIBILITY<3

Had a guy walk into our campsite last year, sit down like he owned the place, and ask of we were looking for Molly.

He made chit-chat for a minute but by the look of him, I could tell he was a cop.

We just told him no thanks, were good. We made him feel a little out of place and he left pretty quickly.

Late 40s, white, over weight, tie dyed shirt, bandana, trying way too hard to be selling Molly.

The Fuzz.

Hmmm.... if you can't spot a narc, then you probably shouldn't be bringing drugs to a festival anyway. If you're looking to buy drugs at a festival, you probably shouldn't have drugs. If you think you're going to want drugs, you'd better find them before you go, and kee.p them to yourself, and your company. Not to say I think there should be drugs at the festival.... but if I had drugs, and you asked to buy from me, I would almost definitely tell you I didn't know anything about any drugs. If you're cool, you might be able to find someone, but it's worth it to find what you think you'll need before the fest. You'll thank yourself later

Good advice, except it's pretty hard for people flying in to Palm Springs to find drugs outside the fest.

If you need any form of medication to enjoy the festival, then it will be worth it for you to rent a vehicle to drive to the festival, or go cold turkey. Herbs should be pretty easy to find in the area, considering how many medical patients there are locally, but if it's anything else, you'll want to bring it. If you're super friendly, you might be able to come across some good hookups in the campground, but I wouldn't count on it lol

i love trying to spot narcs at festivals. so many at edc vegas last year and just as obvious to spot.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    On Friday of first weekend we saw a couple guys walking out of the campsite with a lil mexican dude in handcuffs.. my friends asks if they are cops to which they reply 'no' and just keep walking..

Then the next day this guy who looks like a typical Sahara bro in shorts and a t-shirt walks up to me at my campsite this year and asks if I know where he can find any pills... I say no but to keep looking cuz the shit is 'around' lol I guess I gave him the impression I was cool with drugs or had a personal stash or whatever... So then I lock up the car (I was the last one still chillin at the site) and head over to the showers for an afternoon spritz, when I'm near the edge of the campsite I look to my right and see the same guy standing in the path looking around, I'm pretty friendly so I walk up to him and ask if he found what he was looking for, he says no so again I just say keep looking it's around lol.. I'm still ignorant at this point.

So I walk towards the showers but when I get to the main road I see there is a big line so I take a left and start following the road to where the sinks were so I could just have a beercan-shower instead. I then head back to my campsite... as I walk up I see the same dude step out of our campsite between the two cars. It instantly hits me, fuck this guy is undercover DEA or something, he thought I was suspicions so he followed me when I left the site and then when he saw me change directions he must have thought I was heading into the festival, so he headed back to our campsite to snoop around (I'm guessing you don't really need a search warrant to look through bags and/or a tent that somebody ostensibly left lying in a field somewhere...), hoping to find some drugs and confront me with them when I got back maybe? like tell us where you got the drugs or you'll be charged with possession sorta deal, hoping i'd lead them to some dealers. Fuck.

So I'm thinking I just HAVE to know for sure, so I walk up to the guy pretending to be all friendly and make chit chat, I ask him where he's from, he says Huntington Beach, I tell him I know some people from there actually and ask him what high school he went to... His eyes then did this thing where they shot from side to side real quickly and he stammers out some bullshit school name, and i just KNEW he was full of shit. So I then politely tell him 'right well I can appreciate that youre looking for your drugs and all and I don't have a problem with that, but I think it's really weird that I come back from the showers and find you IN my campsite' to which he stammers 'OH this is YOUR campsite? Oh I had no idea!' and now I'm COMPLETELY sure he's full of shit, like dude you were just here asking me if I could sell you drugs and we are driving a crazy space van thats impossible to miss, then I talked to you again ten minutes later... So I decided I needed to politely tell him to fuck off without making it too too obvious that I had 'made' him so I say 'Ya well just to be clear, I'd appreciate it if you could go look for your drugs somewhere else because YOURE NOT GOING TO FIND ANYTHING HERE. (I was hinting that I knew he was looking through our site) And there are definitely NO drug dealers staying here. So go look somewhere else please'. So he says cool and walks over to his friend who had been on lookout about 40 m away and they walk off together. No shit.

Best part of the story is, the next day when we're heading into the festival we walk around to use the general admission entrance rather than the campground entrance to avoid the big lines, and as we are rounding the corner where the road meets the walkway up to the gates (about 150 m from the gates still) I see the SAME FUCKING DUDE wearing a safety vest and sitting on one of those bikes with the lil trailers behind, posing as one of those guys who you pay to give you a ride out to your car or to transport shit for you. You know the guys. But instead of transporting shit he was just hanging out watching people walk in towards the gates. See, I figure after I politely 'made' him as an undercover, he got demoted to lookout duty - he was just chilling there watching for people who get within sight of the main gates, see that they are frisking people, and think 'Oh shit, I gotta hide my shit ASAP' and quickly start hiding shit (drugs and whatnot) in there underwear or socks or somehting, at which point he would bust em.

At this point i'm feeling rather cocky so I walk straight up to the guy and say 'Hey! did you ever find what you were looking for??' at first he tried to feign ignorance but I could tell he recognized me and eventually he says 'uh.. no, not yet' and as I walk away I say 'Well, you're still DEFINITELY not going to find anything in MY campsite!' just to make it abundantly clear that if he or his cop buddies went back to my site to search around some more, it would be a big waste of time.

The guy got the message and just started laughing.

fuck the police.

i think he was just trying to rob you of your shit.

Its funny how some of you guys get repeated people walking up to you asknig for drugs, should tell you something about how you appear. I smoke joints left and right at my camp site and never have people come ask to buy. Hmm, maybe i should take that as a sign i dont look shady. Or I am just not paranoid.

Do people actually get booted from the festival for doing drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

I found drugs there, but it was hard. On Saturday at least. On Sunday, walking back to camp from Dre, some chick ran up to my boyfriend and I, said "you guys look like a cute couple" and shoved a bag of shrooms in my hand, then proceeded to run off into the crowed. It was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Do people actually get booted from the festival for doing drugs
    If you act like an idiot, yes.

Yeah how are you supposed to find people or buy stuff before you get in if you are flying there?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by alyssaf12 View Post
    I found drugs there, but it was hard. On Saturday at least. On Sunday, walking back to camp from Dre, some chick ran up to my boyfriend and I, said "you guys look like a cute couple" and shoved a bag of shrooms in my hand, then proceeded to run off into the crowed. It was pretty awesome.
    Sounds exactly like something the dirty pigs there would do. You must've got lucky & probably got lost in the crowd to where they couldn't find you to bust you for possession. They do shady shit like this using tatted up punk rock biker lookin informant whores as entrapment devices.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Really? They stick drugs in your hand, run off and then come arrest you? That can't seem true....I'm pretty sure they were packing up camp, had left overs that they couldn't take on the plane and dished em out...