Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Narc-Chella 2012?

Default Re: Narc-Chella 2012?

My friends and I had all our connects fall thru before Coachella so rolled up with only alchy but wanted to enjoy ourselves. That Thursday some older guy came by asking if we wanted to buy. My first thought was what if he's a narc cos I've read this thread but since we were kinda desperate for anything I decided to buy some. I waited a few minutes to see if any cops were following him. I guess we got lucky, it sucks for those dealers that fit the narc description.

Quote Originally Posted by amili.oh View Post
    My friends and I had all our connects fall thru before Coachella so rolled up with only alchy but wanted to enjoy ourselves. That Thursday some older guy came by asking if we wanted to buy. My first thought was what if he's a narc cos I've read this thread but since we were kinda desperate for anything I decided to buy some. I waited a few minutes to see if any cops were following him. I guess we got lucky, it sucks for those dealers that fit the narc description.
    I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to dealing, but I always assumed that narcs went to events to bust sellers.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're totally wrong Robin.

Damn.

Dumbass in the mojave: "Hey, my bro do you think it would be cool if I bought a doob of that chronic dope off of you for $20?"
    Me: "Uhh, I didnt bring a bunch (lies) but you can rip this if you want."
    Dumbass in the mojave: "Umm no thats cool, but how about I pay you $30 for a joint"
    Me: "Dude not at all, leave me the fuck alone"

Must've had atleast 3 of these interactions over the weekend with guys in their 30's-40's who had backstage passes and just looked out of place. Probably had another 3 with regular looking kids. Either way, I never give shit out at a festival, you really should've came more prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    You're totally wrong Robin.
    No she isnt...
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Yeah, in CA there's not much incentive for trying to bust buyers. In states with much harsher laws i'm sure they do it though.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    No she isnt...
    Grannock is very good at detecting sarcasm.

With all the talk of vultures eager to catch their prey, I have to wonder if anyone has heard of someone being arrested for simply smoking trees?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I had some lame stoner dude get my pipe and stash taken one year due to me letting him borrow my pipe. He was narcing, after my shit was taken he just gave me this weak, "Sorry dude." Fuck him. Was on probation so didn't feel like talking to some real cops. Fortunately the guy behind me had a huge blunt he shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Yeah, in CA there's not much incentive for trying to bust buyers. In states with much harsher laws i'm sure they do it though.
    Buyers are busted all the time.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

He was narcing
    That wasn't very Narce of him
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I had some lame stoner dude get my pipe and stash taken one year due to me letting him borrow my pipe. He was narcing, after my shit was taken he just gave me this weak, "Sorry dude." Fuck him. Was on probation so didn't feel like talking to some real cops. Fortunately the guy behind me had a huge blunt he shared.
    What were you on probation for?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

We came over from Australia so obviously BYO was out of the question. I hadn't seen a band without "help" in as long as I can remember so was a little concerned about how I would handle 3 days. During Jimmy Cliff I was dying whilst everyone around smoked up, it took me ages to muster the courage to ask someone for a toke. I am in my mid-thirties and I'm sure they must of considered the possibility I was a narc, but I found most people to be generous and accommodating and my Coachella was all the better for it. On Saturday a chick came up to us and said "have you guys got any papers or a pipe I have way too much weed and nothing to smoke it with" I replied that could help her with at least one of her problems. All good from then on in.

This thread makes me self-conscious about wearing khaki pants.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    What were you on probation for?
    Apparently you're not supposed to have a lot of ganja in your possession

Quote Originally Posted by fetuspiniata View Post
    This thread makes me self-conscious about wearing khaki pants.
    Well yeah khakis are always suspect
    Last edited by Mugwog; 06-25-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Yeah, I was standing by myself looking through my purse and I had a middle aged man come up to me and ask if I was selling pills. Lol, told him to go look for someone with glow sticks.
    Friday
    Modest Mouse, Passion Pit, Of Monsters and Men, Earl Sweatshirt, Aesop Rock, The Neighborhood

Saturday

The XX, Phoenix, Grizzly Bear, Violent Femmes, Two Door Cinema Club

Sunday

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Grimes, Unicorn Kid, Wu-Tang Clan

so the only way to prove your not a narc is to rock a speedo all three days?

Have to offer the drugs in order to not be a narc

I think I'm going to wear khakis and Hawaiian shirts the entire weekend next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I think I'm going to wear khakis and Hawaiian shirts the entire weekend next year.
    Remember not to dance to any music, and just people watch at all sets. For sure noone will bother then.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

and smile right up until you get the handcuffs on them, then turn cold and abusive

We should totally stage a bust in the Sahara next year for a group meetup

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i'll be the guy that eats all the drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    i'll be the guy that eats all the drugs

yeah man you're going to owe me about $400 for those pills... $300 for that ganja...$100 for the mushies... and might want to get to the hospital before you die...

The shnozz berries taste like shnozz berries!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

i realize now how lucky i was last year bringing in 1.5 ounces after reading that thing about drug smelling dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroplaneJunkie View Post
    i realize now how lucky i was last year bringing in 1.5 ounces after reading that thing about drug smelling horses.
    fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

On Friday of first weekend we saw a couple guys walking out of the campsite with a lil mexican dude in handcuffs.. my friends asks if they are cops to which they reply 'no' and just keep walking..

Then the next day this guy who looks like a typical Sahara bro in shorts and a t-shirt walks up to me at my campsite this year and asks if I know where he can find any pills... I say no but to keep looking cuz the shit is 'around' lol I guess I gave him the impression I was cool with drugs or had a personal stash or whatever... So then I lock up the car (I was the last one still chillin at the site) and head over to the showers for an afternoon spritz, when I'm near the edge of the campsite I look to my right and see the same guy standing in the path looking around, I'm pretty friendly so I walk up to him and ask if he found what he was looking for, he says no so again I just say keep looking it's around lol.. I'm still ignorant at this point.

So I walk towards the showers but when I get to the main road I see there is a big line so I take a left and start following the road to where the sinks were so I could just have a beercan-shower instead. I then head back to my campsite... as I walk up I see the same dude step out of our campsite between the two cars. It instantly hits me, fuck this guy is undercover DEA or something, he thought I was suspicions so he followed me when I left the site and then when he saw me change directions he must have thought I was heading into the festival, so he headed back to our campsite to snoop around (I'm guessing you don't really need a search warrant to look through bags and/or a tent that somebody ostensibly left lying in a field somewhere...), hoping to find some drugs and confront me with them when I got back maybe? like tell us where you got the drugs or you'll be charged with possession sorta deal, hoping i'd lead them to some dealers. Fuck.

So I'm thinking I just HAVE to know for sure, so I walk up to the guy pretending to be all friendly and make chit chat, I ask him where he's from, he says Huntington Beach, I tell him I know some people from there actually and ask him what high school he went to... His eyes then did this thing where they shot from side to side real quickly and he stammers out some bullshit school name, and i just KNEW he was full of shit. So I then politely tell him 'right well I can appreciate that youre looking for your drugs and all and I don't have a problem with that, but I think it's really weird that I come back from the showers and find you IN my campsite' to which he stammers 'OH this is YOUR campsite? Oh I had no idea!' and now I'm COMPLETELY sure he's full of shit, like dude you were just here asking me if I could sell you drugs and we are driving a crazy space van thats impossible to miss, then I talked to you again ten minutes later... So I decided I needed to politely tell him to fuck off without making it too too obvious that I had 'made' him so I say 'Ya well just to be clear, I'd appreciate it if you could go look for your drugs somewhere else because YOURE NOT GOING TO FIND ANYTHING HERE. (I was hinting that I knew he was looking through our site) And there are definitely NO drug dealers staying here. So go look somewhere else please'. So he says cool and walks over to his friend who had been on lookout about 40 m away and they walk off together. No shit.

Best part of the story is, the next day when we're heading into the festival we walk around to use the general admission entrance rather than the campground entrance to avoid the big lines, and as we are rounding the corner where the road meets the walkway up to the gates (about 150 m from the gates still) I see the SAME FUCKING DUDE wearing a safety vest and sitting on one of those bikes with the lil trailers behind, posing as one of those guys who you pay to give you a ride out to your car or to transport shit for you. You know the guys. But instead of transporting shit he was just hanging out watching people walk in towards the gates. See, I figure after I politely 'made' him as an undercover, he got demoted to lookout duty - he was just chilling there watching for people who get within sight of the main gates, see that they are frisking people, and think 'Oh shit, I gotta hide my shit ASAP' and quickly start hiding shit (drugs and whatnot) in there underwear or socks or somehting, at which point he would bust em.

At this point i'm feeling rather cocky so I walk straight up to the guy and say 'Hey! did you ever find what you were looking for??' at first he tried to feign ignorance but I could tell he recognized me and eventually he says 'uh.. no, not yet' and as I walk away I say 'Well, you're still DEFINITELY not going to find anything in MY campsite!' just to make it abundantly clear that if he or his cop buddies went back to my site to search around some more, it would be a big waste of time.

The guy got the message and just started laughing.

fuck the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2