Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Narc-Chella 2012?

Hybrid View

Default Narc-Chella 2012?

I don't know if it was just my group that was getting approached, but it was narc-city over there this year...
    guy with pony tail and pink shirt "hey can I buy some X off of you guys?"
    and there were plenty just as awful

Default Re: Narc-Chella 2012?

Were you glowing as well? Had an Asian Guy mid 30s wearing khakis ask me in the camp grounds. A middle 30s white Guy also wearing khakis ask inside near the Mojave and a Guy in his 20s ask for drugs. Asked who he saw today (Sunday) and he couldn't come up with anything but black keys. Don't sell drugs kids. Fuck the police. They were out in full force.

yeah my friend was encountered this year in the sahara before borgore...a lady was being followed by 2 guys and she was asking if she could buy any weed...they had on all blue wristbands and were NOT GA or VIP...I whispered in my friends ear that i think they are narcs and i think they caught on to me whispering because all of a sudden they all left...kinda wierd leaving a set right before the artists comes on especially when uve been waiting to see them...sketchy!!!
    2012w1
    2013w1

Damn .. This is going to make things difficult.

I am mid 30's and too chickenshit to bring anything with me on the plane so i can only imagine how difficult it will be just get a little something to chill with for the weekend. I guess I could offer to smoke a little right in front of them as proof. (that even sounds ridiculous in type let alone if I actually said that someone)

Quote Originally Posted by jfu222 View Post

I am mid 30's and too chickenshit to bring anything with me on the plane so i can only imagine how difficult it will be just get a little something to chill with for the weekend. I guess I could offer to smoke a little right in front of them as proof. (that even sounds ridiculous in type let alone if I actually said that someone)
    I'm in the same boat. Hoping for generosity from strangers!

Here! Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoo View Post
    Were you glowing as well? Had an Asian Guy mid 30s wearing khakis ask me in the camp grounds. A middle 30s white Guy also wearing khakis ask inside near the Mojave and a Guy in his 20s ask for drugs. Asked who he saw today (Sunday) and he couldn't come up with anything but black keys. Don't sell drugs kids. Fuck the police. They were out in full force.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfu222 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Hoping for generosity from strangers!

I definitely noticed there presents this weekend, EVERYONE BE CAREFUL!!!
    <<<05' 06' 07' 08' 09 10' 11' 12' wk1 & wk2>>>

Quote Originally Posted by arandomshape View Post
    They bought presents?!

We were all hanging out at our camp and this lady comes up and goes straight for our black friend asking if he has any "supplies." He saw that she had a backstage wristband and was suspicious. He then goes on to tell her how she needs to be careful cus there are narcs around. After he said that she bolted. She was wearing a dress with a lot of necklaces and he said that she saw one "necklace" that went down a lot further and under her dress.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    They bought presents?!

We were all hanging out at our camp and this lady comes up and
    goes straight for our black friend asking if he has any "supplies." He saw that she had a backstage wristband and was suspicious. He then goes on to tell her how she needs to be careful cus there are narcs around. After he said that she bolted. She was wearing a dress with a lot of necklaces and he said that she saw one "necklace" that went down a lot further and under her dress.
    Yup. I got asked more than the rest of my group combined. Luckily I don't do drugs.
    Last edited by gswhooper; 04-18-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    They bought presents?!

We were all hanging out at our camp and this lady comes up and goes straight for our black friend asking if he has any "supplies." He saw that she had a backstage wristband and was suspicious. He then goes on to tell her how she needs to be careful cus there are narcs around. After he said that she bolted. She was wearing a dress with a lot of necklaces and he said that she saw one "necklace" that went down a lot further and under her dress.
    that awkward moment when you read a story on the coachella message boards and realize that you're the black friend...lol. i was wondering when i'd finally read a post from someone i knew on here. and i really wish i would have chosen a more rude way to tell her to fuck off for profiling me but it's not my style. even though i be like "fuck the police," pretty much everyday.

Fuck those NARCS and their presents. They gave me a George Foreman grill, a crystal decanter, a Martha Stewart bedroom set and a Thomas Kinkade collectible.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    Fuck those NARCS and their presents. They gave me a George Foreman grill, a crystal decanter, a Martha Stewart bedroom set and a Thomas Kinkade collectible.
    those bastards! i got socks! SOCKS!!!
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Absolutely exquisite.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Damn I want presents from narcs

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Damn I want presents from narcs
    lawl

I did not have one person ask me for anything, or anyone in our group for that matter .
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Narcs at Coachella? Never.

Perhaps shit like this wouldn't happen to you people if you didn't all look like bumbling drugged out idiots.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Perhaps shit like this wouldn't happen to you people if you didn't all look like bumbling drugged out idiots.
    My sis and I were speed walking around the corner of the Merch booth when some guy in khakis asked if we had weed. We quickly said no and kept going. I didn't think about it until later but he could've been a narc. Looked like security... Either way, we were far from bumbling drugged out idiots. Wouldn't think running would set off red flags lol

Another reason I didn't think much of it was I saw one of the security guys by the speakers in the Sahara tent take a hit off someone's joint. So yeah, security didn't seem so strict after that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Life's tough. Sacrifices have to be made. Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

I gave away

150 hits of LSD for free......fuck narcs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I gave away

damn i should have been nicer to you...

I gave away

Any chance you're gonna be there again this weekend? :-) *not a narc, really*
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

I gave away

You are my fucking hero.

I gave away

Uhh, can we be friends at Outside Lands, please? Because this is my kind of party.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Uhh, can we be friends at Outside Lands, please? Because this is my kind of party.
    seconded.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

They had drug sniffing dogs going around in the AM while everyone was sleeping. I didn't hear the dog barking, but I guess it woke everyone else up. We checked around in the afternoon and found half a blunt near our campsite. Glad they didnt find it/let it slide.

On Friday there was an older black guy in his late 30's walking around mumbling "molly, thizzles, pills" in a low voice wearing a tye-dye shirt and a doo rag lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by 1234FIF View Post
    On Friday there was an older black guy in his late 30's walking around mumbling "molly, thizzles, pills" in a low voice wearing a tye-dye shirt and a doo rag lolz.
    It's like these guys WANT to be obvious with the outfits they choose... sheesh!

I saw two by the Sahara bathrooms. Both in neon Coachella tank tops, wearing sunglasses, and standing side by side like statues with their arms crossed and no expression, just waiting patiently for a deal to go down, but honestly? Who just stands there like that? It looked ridiculous. Meanwhile, there was a dude over by the fire thing with a bag of 400 pills...

Quote Originally Posted by 1234FIF View Post
    They had drug sniffing dogs going around in the AM while everyone was sleeping. I didn't hear the dog barking, but I guess it woke everyone else up. We checked around in the afternoon and found half a blunt near our campsite. Glad they didnt find it/let it slide.

There were NO drug dogs. That's insane. At least in my part of the camp. I was up super early walking around every morning. Don't scare people like that.

I gave away

I did that last year. Anyone that is boss enough to not sleep Sunday night got a prize from me. Feltgoodman
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

My group was at the back edge of lot 7, and there was constantly at least 3 cop cars parked along our row. There were also two watchtowers with cops watching the campgrounds with binoculars. What's worse, there were alot of people wearing straight clothes kinda pacing along the campsites. During the 2nd day we saw 3-4 cops walk into one of our neighbors' campground and raid the place when they werent there as we were walking by to get into the festival. That shit mustve sucked but they were openly talking about candyflipping during the day time, and cops can legally do that if they have suspicion or reasonable cause to do so.
    Also, we all saw multiple arrests next to the row of portapotties in the corner of lot 7 and one time it was a guy talking to this girl at night and I swear he was a narc cuz they went into one of the stalls and two cops roll up and arrest the chick when she came out of the stall.
    Unfortunately all that fucking bullshit is legal and they can't be sued for entrapment or anything because they are all protected under the 4th amendment. So yeah the only way to be certain that you wont get in the deep shit is by not selling and if you are, follow advice already given and ask questions and really feel them out before you make the deal. Don't be stupid and just sell to anyone who asks. Also, party favors are important for a festival like coachella, especially for weekend ones like me who had to deal with that ridiculous cold at night with bud (not the beer), but be smart about it and make sure you're not announcing it to the entire campground, and keep it out of plain sight. Someone said something about wristbands, I think they were mentioning the fact that narcs and undercovers typically have vip wristbands so be careful about that. They can profile us, but we can profile them too.

At least that's what i've learned from four years at THE FESTIVAL ON EARTH!!!! and law school!!!!

ALSO, this has been circulating the forums

"As a lawyer who's seen both sides of a criminal case, I can say that this advice is pretty spot on:
    Apart from not doing anything illegal (or at least openly advertising that you're doing anything illegal), there are basic rules of thumb to follow in any citizen/police encounter. For those who don't want to click through everything, here are the basic steps to follow if you encounter a police officer at Coachella or anywhere else:
    1) Be calm, cool, and collected.
    2) Be respectful, but firmly exercise your right to remain silent and to not answer questions you feel uncomfortable with.
    3) Respectfully refuse searches if asked (note: this will probably not work well at the Coachella gate, since you are giving your authorizaton to be searched as a condition of entry).
    4) Don't get tricked, and be careful of strangers. The police are allowed to lie and use subterfuge (as well documented in these and similar threads).
    5) If you are being detained, continually ask if you are free to go.
    6) Don't expose yourself (again, if you light up a joint in the middle of the polo fields, or start acting like the naked wizard, the constitution probably won't be able to help you much, no matter how lax law enforcement traditionally is at Coachella).
    7) Don't EVER run.
    8) Don't EVER touch a cop.
    9) Report police misconduct and watch out for the rights of your fellow concert-goers (remember, all of those recording devices can be used to capture things other than buzz bands)."

p.s. sorry for the long post bahaha