Thread: Taxi Stand aftershow?

Default Taxi Stand aftershow?

How was it?

Anybody take a taxi after or hear anything?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Taxi Stand aftershow?

bump

I would imagine it would take forever to get a taxi after the show.

SCALPER

Yes It was a mess like always. Message me I can take care of you. I have 3 cars going. Me my bro and my friend are driving our cars. 760-619-8189 Fernie

it was bullshit. On Friday we were waiting for like an hour and a half and moved maybe twenty feet. Security strolled by on their bikes and told us to plan ahead next time and ask our hotels to schedule a shuttle service. (my group wasn't staying in a hotel). They then told us that cabs were being told to turn around or some stupid excuse like that. Honestly if you want a cab go outside and wait on madison and 52nd and hail one before it get into the taxi stand area.

i got to the stand monday around 130am. there was a huge line and two guys running the show. they did a good job with what they had to work with, but it was still pretty slow. the worst part was due to the road closures our taxi was forced to go several blocks IN THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF OUR DESTINATION. then due to other circumstances they were not allowed to drop us at our spot, but forced to go around. all in all it was about $25 for what should have only been 3 blocks. (i followed the path on google maps, not much the driver could have done)

the worst part is all of the SHADY people offering "shuttle service" for outrageous prices. all it was is local residents offering rides in their personal vehicles. some of them were just downright creepy. listening to a few girls behind me deciding to go with or not felt like a scene from one of the hostel movies

bottom line if you can avoid taking a taxi then do it. if you plan on taking one every day prepare to pay through the nose

Quote Originally Posted by streamline View Post
    it was bullshit. On Friday we were waiting for like an hour and a half and moved maybe twenty feet. Security strolled by on their bikes and told us to plan ahead next time and ask our hotels to schedule a shuttle service. (my group wasn't staying in a hotel). They then told us that cabs were being told to turn around or some stupid excuse like that. Honestly if you want a cab go outside and wait on madison and 52nd and hail one before it get into the taxi stand area.
    our driver said the cops were cracking down hard on taxis picking up/dropping off people up from the sidewalk/street, so that might not be your best bet if true

Thanks for the info guys, that is really helpful!

Fernie I will give you a text

SCALPER

Ok cool... Taxi service is horrible!!! just reserve shuttle service

hey man im a taxi for the festival email me lalomob@aol.com for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsl View Post
    hey man im a taxi for the festival email me lalomob@aol.com for the info
    how nice! the vultures descend in their digital form! a perfect example of what you'll be dealing with while waiting for a real taxi. i mean would you really trust someone with an aol email address to drive you home?

you should have seen how polite these people were when the transportation safety people sent them on their way. blocking traffic, stalling to pick up people stupid enough to go with them, and then peeling out when leaving. really classy people just trying to help their fellow man in time of need

email me and we can work from there...im just trying to help a BROCHELLA BROTHER out i kno taxi service is horrible just tryna make few bucks to survive....working reasonable prices!! or u can just wait for the taxis!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsl View Post
    email me and we can work from there...im just trying to help a BROCHELLA BROTHER out i kno taxi service is horrible just tryna make few bucks to survive....working reasonable prices!! or u can just wait for the taxis!!
    i hope you are offering candy as well. no candy no deal.

That sucks to hear about the taxi service post-show...

Did anyone happen to use the taxi service on the Monday morning? It seems like most people still on the camping grounds at that point would have their own cars, but I'm trying to get a feel for next year.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a