Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Avicii

Default Re: Avicii

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Anyone else think it was a total laugher after he cut out of what everyone thought was the last song and turned off the volume, then a minute or so later brought in Kernkraft 400? Fucking bizarre.
    why where you there that long?

Quote Originally Posted by imjihoon View Post
    Avicii didn't have Modonna or Rhianna as guest but it was a good party. I really miss the hot girl I met during the set. People were leaving to see Snoop but I couldn't leave her company. She wanted to party with me too but the guy who obviously wasn't her boyfriend was getting jealous. I was very said to hear "nice meeting you" as she left when the set was closing. She's so hot...
    Dude c'mon. I found my girl during Avicii, then brought her over to Dre and Snoop

That head is somewhat frightening.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    people were at Avicii? lolwat?
    Seriously. Watching Avicci over Dre and Snoop (or simply leaving) is just a god awful decision.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Anyone else think it was a total laugher after he cut out of what everyone thought was the last song and turned off the volume, then a minute or so later brought in Kernkraft 400? Fucking bizarre.
    yeah, that was bizarre. very strange way to end the day.

It seems he's been playing Kernkraft a lot lately. Warning: the following content is not suitable for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    people were at Avicii? lolwat?
    Right?

Fuck dis shit right hurr. Drizzle all goddamn dizzle!
    Coachella 2007
    Coachella 2009 - 2012 (2)
    Beyond Wonderland 2010 - 2012
    EDC LA 2010
    Nocturnal 2010, 2012
    Escape from Wonderland 2011
    Audiotistic 2010, 2011
    Outside Lands 2011

Coachella 2013 (1) & EDC Las Vegas 2013, now we play the waiting game.

Lurker

Avicii is a one hit wonder and is milking levels for all he can, in about 100 different remix ways. Check me out at 2:12 here, LOL!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=223647674401761

I had already texted a friend of mine the day before that if I hear levels ONE MORE TIME I would hang myself. He texted back "here's some rope"

And while we're on the topic...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

New school: Avicii is your Darude, your Alice Deejay, your Zombie Nation. Enjoy.

I don't like rap so I was here. The Head is pretty fantastic. The part where your riding a rollercoaster visually was really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by InF3cT10uZ View Post
    why where you there that long?
    A sad attempt to rescue my friends. They wouldn't leave. You're making me look bad here, come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

You guys are a bunch of haters. Avicii is voted #6 DJ in the world. If you don't like him, whatever. However, talking shit when "you left to see Dre anyway," and Avicii is clearly loved around the world, makes you sound unintelligent. Oh ya and I love Avicii. The head looks awesome, makes me want to see him more. Peace out haters <3

Been at avicii's through his whole set last weekend. Really enjoyed swedish house mafia and kaskade on the previous days, so I was definitely in the mood for sahara tent.

After avicii was done, I ran over to snoop and dre's last song...just in time to take notice of my colossal mistake. Thought about hanging myself, but decided to grab a weekend 2 wristband instead. Driving back there on saturday ;P

By the way, Avicii was quite fun...but by the end of the festival there was just this feeling in the air that something really awesome and unique happened, and it wasn't in the sahara tent.

Yeah i wasn't feeling avicii for the 15 minutes I saw. I love his essential mix, the set just felt uninspired. Good too 'cause the last half hour of snoop and dre was awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhollyness View Post
    You guys are a bunch of haters. Avicii is voted #6 DJ in the world. If you don't like him, whatever. However, talking shit when "you left to see Dre anyway," and Avicii is clearly loved around the world, makes you sound unintelligent. Oh ya and I love Avicii. The head looks awesome, makes me want to see him more. Peace out haters <3
    #6 huh?? oh shit, we should all see him then just cuz hes on the top 10...by the way which fuckheads are responsible for this voting you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by sk8njam View Post
    #6 huh?? oh shit, we should all see him then just cuz hes on the top 10...by the way which fuckheads are responsible for this voting you speak of?
    DJ Mag top 100.

http://www.djmag.com/top100

It's been a shit list for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhollyness View Post
    Glad you made an account just to post this.

Hater and proud.
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    DJ Mag top 100.

http://www.djmag.com/top100

It's been a shit list for as long as I can remember.
    they have Richie Hawtin at #45.... LOL.

And all the dj's in the Sahara sucked this year. None of them could mix on that system. I heard wreck after wreck. Or guys cutting the track completely just so they could put their stupid fucking hands in the air. Sadly, this was my last Coachella. Production was phat though!

oh, and I did see what they did with Guetta....they turned the lights off for 10 minutes of his set. wow

DJ Mag says so.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I will agree with most of you that missing Dre and Snoop over Avicii is not a wise choice. However, Avicii is an top-notch producer but his DJ skills are completely lacking...

He's 22 though, he has a lot of time to work on his DJing and mature on his sound. Anyone who hates on a 22 year old who has already worked with Madonna is sad. That's something a lot of people will never be able to accomplish in their lifetime...

I will agree with most of you that missing Dre and Snoop over Avicii is not a wise choice. However, Avicii is an top-notch producer but his DJ skills are completely lacking...

He's 22 though, he has a lot of time to work on his DJing and mature on his sound. Anyone who hates on a 22 year old who has already worked with Madonna is sad. That's something a lot of people will never be able to accomplish in their lifetime...
    BT worked with Tori Amos when he was 24, shut the fuck up shitbag.

Lurker

So this is what the number 6 DJ in the world sounds like? I weep for EDM.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, Sonicc, this is not some lifetime achievement award. His perprmance sucked ass. You don't go to Coachella and and throw together any old set, people will notice when you're not putting forth effort... Or you just suck. I think in Levicii's case it was a solid combination of both.
    Fuck "themule"

I just listened to Levels all the way through for the first time just now.

Good God, that song is horrid. It isn't clever or original or catchy. It's just... bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Apparently he got into a twitter argument with Feed Me, NERO, and Funkagenda over the set times that were changed for weekend 2... I don't know how to post links from this stupid phone, but im sure someone will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    I just listened to Levels all the way through for the first time just now.

Good God, that song is horrid. It isn't clever or original or catchy. It's just... bad.
    What pisses me off most about that song is that it isnt even a rip of Etta James... Id het a million he got his idea from Pretty Lights' version...

Quote Originally Posted by theGold View Post
    What pisses me off most about that song is that it isnt even a rip of Etta James... Id het a million he got his idea from Pretty Lights' version...
    duh
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

However, Avicii is an top-notch producer
    If by top notch producer you mean stacking a couple of generic loops with Vengence presets.

Read an article on his "production" in Future Music magazine...Completely clueless, sitting in a studio with a bunch of expensive gear his "manager/producer" (i.e. sugar daddy) bought that wasn't even hooked up, making his "beats" with a cracked copy of fruity loops and free loop pack construction kits.

Sad, yet funny...
    Last edited by razorblade; 04-23-2012 at 08:47 AM.