Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avicii

Default Re: Avicii

Quote Originally Posted by theGold View Post
    Apparently he got into a twitter argument with Feed Me, NERO, and Funkagenda over the set times that were changed for weekend 2... I don't know how to post links from this stupid phone, but im sure someone will find it.
    Article: http://www.examiner.com/article/feed...et-times-moved

Also, #6 DJ in the world? Are they on the crack?

EDIT: Just read the opinion portion of the article, she's an idiot.
    Last edited by Zero23; 04-23-2012 at 09:39 AM.

@AshPunani is Avicii' s manager... Check his twitter, its a bucket of lolz. He's basically throwing shots at Feed Me, A-Trak jumped in, and theyve all got their panties in a bunch. Feed Me said the giant head was "fitting" and the manager said they were gonna use his "5 foot dick" instead, but that Feed Me ate it, hence his name. Yea, these are grown men. Lol, DJ beef.
    Last edited by theGold; 04-23-2012 at 11:29 AM.

does this tool manage lebron as well?

Probably. All managers everywhere are bags of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by cured View Post
    It seems he's been playing Kernkraft a lot lately. Warning: the following content is not suitable for anyone.

REALLY?! FUCKING REALLY?! he had the closing set in the sahara twice and THIS is how he fucking ended it?! i mean i knew he was pretty lacking after seeing half his set week 1 but holy shit, i didnt think things got this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    I will agree with most of you that missing Dre and Snoop over Avicii is not a wise choice. However, Avicii is an top-notch producer but his DJ skills are completely lacking...

He's 22 though, he has a lot of time to work on his DJing and mature on his sound. Anyone who hates on a 22 year old who has already worked with Madonna is sad. That's something a lot of people will never be able to accomplish in their lifetime...
    Agreed. I was a little disappointed in his mixing. There were definitely awkward transitions, and it's entirely too easy to let a banger cut out, let people cheer, and start up again. But his visuals were the best of the weekend, and he dropped "Save the World" better than Ingrosso (who basically closed EXACTLY the same way as SHM minus fireworks). I also liked how he got to the point opening with Levels instead of teasing everyone. He knows what people want to hear. And it did not phase me at all that he dropped it again. Banger.

People can hate all they want, but I'm glad I got 30 min to experience Avicii's set for the first time. It was fun. I look forward to see what he comes up with in the future. But as soon as it was time for Dre & Snoop, I was out of there...

Quote Originally Posted by emoassnolan View Post
    Agreed. I was a little disappointed in his mixing. There were definitely awkward transitions, and it's entirely too easy to let a banger cut out, let people cheer, and start up again. But his visuals were the best of the weekend, and he dropped "Save the World" better than Ingrosso (who basically closed EXACTLY the same way as SHM minus fireworks). I also liked how he got to the point opening with Levels instead of teasing everyone. He knows what people want to hear. And it did not phase me at all that he dropped it again. Banger.

People can hate all they want, but I'm glad I got 30 min to experience Avicii's set for the first time. It was fun. I look forward to see what he comes up with in the future. But as soon as it was time for Dre & Snoop, I was out of there...
    because you had the set times changed weekend 2 so you could run from your giant head in the sahara to the main stage as soon as your set was over, right Tim?

Best visuals of the weekend huh? I'm guessing you missed out on radiohead, amon tobin, sub focus, shm, and just about everyone else with an interesting visual setup this weekend. And I'm glad to hear he was "better" at dropping the same song as about half of the sahara tent this weekend, not to mention the people who wrote the fucking song
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

So old news, but I came across this today: this fucking guy has now made an EDM Mumford/Lumineers song that is screaming up the charts:

It's so crass and unbelievable; totally beyond parody.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I actually think that Avicii is alright at producing but Jesus H. Christ, his DJing is God awful. I heard an interview of his where he said that one of his managers or whoever the fuck plans his shit actually set him up with DJ lessons a week before his first show just so that he wouldn't fuck up too hard. Even so, 85% of his set is pre-mixed and when it's not, his transitions are absolute train wrecks.
    It's a fucking joke that he was voted the #6 DJ in the world, really makes you question humanity.

Lurker

Well, I am not sure about these thing. I have roughly idea about these thing, Wait and Watch is best thing in this Situation.

Anyone still doing this whole "progressive" house thing needs to just go away. forever
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by anrique View Post
    Well, I am not sure about these thing. I have roughly idea about these thing, Wait and Watch is best thing in this Situation.
    DERR...what?
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

After hearing "Wake me Up" and "Hey Brother", I've decided he's the new Mumford and Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Anyone still doing this whole "progressive" house thing needs to just go away. forever
    There is absolutely nothing about these twats that classifies them as "progressive house"...unless Avicii does a Renaissance mix album to which I'd fuck a dead cat if that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about these twats that classifies them as "progressive house"...unless Avicii does a Renaissance mix album to which I'd fuck a dead cat if that ever happens.
    That's the thing though. it IS considered to be progressive house to the majority of its listeners, when really it's just shitty Big Room House or whatever the fuck it's called. They really need to drop the term "Progressive House" for acts like Avicii and Hardwell
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!

That's the thing though. it IS considered to be progressive house to the majority of its listeners, when really it's just shitty Big Room House or whatever the fuck it's called. They really need to drop the term "Progressive House" for acts like Avicii and Hardwell
    I think what you're referring to is Electro House.

Noone is saying that Avicii and Hardwell are Progressive House and if they are they should go fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I think what you're referring to is Electro House.

Noone is saying that Avicii and Hardwell are Progressive House and if they are they should go fuck themselves.
    I don't refer to that style of music as "Progressive" house, but check Avicii's/Sebastian Ingrosso's/Hardwell's individual wikipedia pages, they each say "Progressive House"

again, not saying that wikipedia is correct, just saying that most people consider "Big Room House" and "Progressive House" as the same thing

^^ It's true. Uplifting vocals + bang bang drop = progressive house.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    ^^ It's true. Uplifting vocals + bang bang drop = progressive house.
    Back in the day, Twilo NYC was the epitome of progressive house

Back in the day, Twilo NYC was the epitome of progressive house
    And there still is a lot of great progressive house coming out today, but people need to understand Big Room and Progressive are not synonymous.

And there still is a lot of great progressive house coming out today, but people need to understand Big Room and Progressive are not synonymous.
    Agreed, still surprised Dave Seaman and Nick Warren are still representing progressive house to this day. Obviously can't forget Sasha and Diggers either.

Agreed, still surprised Dave Seaman and Nick Warren are still representing progressive house to this day. Obviously can't forget Sasha and Diggers either.
    Would love to get a Digweed set this year. I could definitely see it happening

Would love to get a Digweed set this year. I could definitely see it happening
    Not in the Sahara though, can't see him filling it up

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Fill me up, Mr. McCallister.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Not in the Sahara though, can't see him filling it up
    nah world probably play the Mojave

Digweed in the Mojave would probably be my favorite dj set all weekend.

I'm gonna start listening to this guy if this all goes through. Fuck

Swedish dance musician Avicii is making an album with guest vocalists including Chris Martin, Billie Joe Armstrong, Jon Bon Jovi and System Of A Down frontman Serj Tankian.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/avicii/78696...Guw6LmEe99v.99
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana