Thread: PVD Not Closing the Sahara?

Default PVD Not Closing the Sahara?

On his MySpace PVD has varying set times for each of this show sranging from 4 - 10, and Coachella reads as 9. if he goes on at 9, that would leave a 3 hour set 'til close. Biggest DJ set that's ever been done in recent years was Carl Cox's 2 hour late after noon set last year. Are they really gonna have him spining for 3 hours or are we gonna get a proper headliner?

Default Re: PVD Not Closing the Sahara?

uh just someone after him. whats the deal?
    as predicted by nostradamus

They usually have the top billed EDM act close witht he exception of the Madonna fiasco day, and right now PVD is the top billed EDM act for Sunday.

yeah ok
    well i think someone else is gonna go after him
    as predicted by nostradamus

lol.. PVD is like the the electronica artist I want to see the least..

he is sooooo boring live.. I would have thought Coachella would have picked someone better.. I mean he already did the Tent in 04.. and he spins at every massive.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Hybrid spun for 2 hrs 15 mins back in 2004, so long sets aren't that unheard of at Coachella...I wouldn't be surprised if PVD got 2 hours, then the sahara closed an hour early (cuz everyone will be at rage?)....maybe he spins for 1.5 hours with someone after him (hawtin?), or maybe he does go all 3 hours...or maybe his myspace is wrong.

I love PVD's albums and music. but why does everyone say he sucks live??

Could they be right???

Ive got a three day ticket and mainly was to see PVD.......... which i missed the other times he came...

Hope he has a new look like or something, or youll see me walking with a sad face...

Quote Originally Posted by xbnmx View Post
    They usually have the top billed EDM act close witht he exception of the Madonna fiasco day, and right now PVD is the top billed EDM act for Sunday.
    sorry, but madonna is not EDM. she is SHIT.

RATM is going to have the festival all to themselves.

No one else is playing after 10:30PM on Sunday.

(hahah rumors rule)
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

PVD can be amazing live. I've been lucky enough to catch him at some of his biggest shows over the years such as Red Rocks and the Berlin Love Parade opening party....both of which were amazing. On the other hand, he's sucked at every WMC I've seen him at and usually doesn't play a regular club night very well.

Quote Originally Posted by fober View Post
    RATM is going to have the festival all to themselves.

No one else is playing after 10:30PM on Sunday.

(hahah rumors rule)
    This is going to end up being another Pixies/Radiohead situation where %95 of the crowd will be at the main stage and whoever else is playing at the same time will have tiny crowds. I heard Stereolab had about 200 people in the Mojave when they were playing during Pixies.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    This is going to end up being another Pixies/Radiohead situation where %95 of the crowd will be at the main stage and whoever else is playing at the same time will have tiny crowds. I heard Stereolab had about 200 people in the Mojave when they were playing during Pixies.
    I don't remember them playing at the same time. I saw Stereolab, then walked over to the main stage to see Sparta, The Pixies, and Radiohead (and someone else in that time). I can't remember who was playing during the Pixies, the other areas wee probably fairly dead.
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

I heard Stereolab had about 200 people in the Mojave when they were playing during Pixies.
    I caught a few minutes of Stereolab (ran over mid-Rapture set) and it was packed in there. In fact, Rolling Stone wrote: "Stereolab, in the midst of their first tour since the tragic death of keyboardist/vocalist Mary Hansen, had the Mojave Tent overflowing for their blend of comely electro-pop."

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

haha. I remember, when i left PVD in 2004 I walked through the mojave as ash were playing opposite the cure on the main stage. there were less than 100 people there. posisbly less than 50. I felt sorry for them.

not really. the sahara was going crazy during the pixies. that saturday was one of the best days ever in the sahara (mark farina, danny howells, sander kleinenberg, seb fontaine, LAURENT GARNIER, KRAFTWERK.....my oh my).

although as we left the sahara to catch radiohead, boozoo bajou (playing in gobi i believe) was playing to the smallest audience i've EVER seen at coachella....like less than 50 people. we felt really bad for him, so we stopped and watched for a few minutes. it was pretty good actually.
    Last edited by crazzz2007; 03-29-2007 at 11:33 PM.

I wonder if anyone will be playing in the Sharah during Rage?
    If anyone, they would put PVD during Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    not really. the sahara was going crazy during the pixies. that saturday was one of the best days ever in the sahara (mark farina, danny howells, sander kleinenberg, seb fontaine, LAURENT GARNIER, KRAFTWERK.....my oh my).

although as we left the sahara to catch radiohead, boozoo bajou (playing in gobi i believe) was playing to the smallest audience i've EVER seen at coachella....like less than 50 people. we felt really bad for him, so we stopped and watched for a few minutes. it was pretty good actually.
    this was my favorite day at coachella ever.....we got hooked up with really really good, high quality e and acid.....i get chills every time i think back to that day.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I wonder if anyone will be playing in the Sharah during Rage?
    If anyone, they would put PVD during Rage.
    i can see that happening

to give you an idea i don't even really like rage and i wouldn't miss their set for anything

if you're a band playing at the same time as them you could probably get away with not showing up and nobody would ever really be able to tell

Quote Originally Posted by NeverMyopic View Post
    I don't remember them playing at the same time. I saw Stereolab, then walked over to the main stage to see Sparta, The Pixies, and Radiohead (and someone else in that time). I can't remember who was playing during the Pixies, the other areas wee probably fairly dead.
    I know for a fact that I heard Sparta talk about how meaningful it was for them to be playing right before the Pixies, then seeing the Pixies, leaving early to head over to Stereolab (my friend and I got to the tent before their set had started), and then catching Radiohead. I'll cop to being on mushrooms but I wasn't *that* fucked up to not remember the timeframe. Not that it really matters, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    to give you an idea i don't even really like rage and i wouldn't miss their set for anything

if you're a band playing at the same time as them you could probably get away with not showing up and nobody would ever really be able to tell
    no shit