Thread: How was Beats Antique?

Default How was Beats Antique?

Trying to decide whether to go to this.

Default Re: How was Beats Antique?

It was a really good set from what I saw. I had no idea what to expect, and they put on a great show. The music was mixed not quite to my taste (I'm a sound engineer), and the bass was a little strong, but the dancing and weird shit really pulled it together. Assuming it's mixed a little differently, I wouldn't miss it if I had another chance to see it, and might try to get to it earlier than I did if I had the energy. I'd say, 4/5, and would suggest listening to them if you haven't already, because the dancing would be more fun if I had known what the songs were going to look like.

So much fun. Lots of dancing, and the weirdness on stage and energy in the crowd was perfect. I missed the first half of the set because some friends said I had to check out Fitz and the Tantrums (also pretty fun, actually). I wish I was going to W2 so I could see the entire thing.

They were one of my favorites from sunday. First time seeing them but i've been listening for a long time i'd say they pull off an excellent live rendition. Can't speak much about the actual onstage performance as i was lying down in the back the entire time but the music was great
    5/17 Chet Faker
    5/25 EDC NY (2manydjs!!!!)
    7/18-7/20 Melt Festival

I was right in front for this set and really enjoyed it. Great music and visuals.
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

I was up at the rail for this. It was my must see for Sunday. They did not disappoint. The base was really strong. Aside from that, fun, exotic, great crowd, dancers and beats!
    Always wear a helmut

I really enjoyed their set. The crowd was super into it and they exceeded my expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    Plus 11 dollars is a lot for Mexicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    Swedish House Mafia: two djs and a guy who speaks english
    Quote Originally Posted by bananahambone View Post
    I guess it's like me going to some Al Queda site and being like "Hey guys. don't ask me how I know, but Bin Laden isn't really dead" And all those terrorist dudes would be like "Hey fuck head, Daft Punk is still not playing Coachella"

awesome show the dancers are really great . Def check this set out

Outstanding show. Behind Dre/Snoop and DJ Shadow for me. Not to miss!
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

One of my favorite sets of the weekend. Loved the unique sound, but definitely get to a spot where you can see the stage! I am planning to see them again whenever i get the chance.

Awesome. More of a performance than just a concert. The crowd was definitely into it and the tent was packed when I got there, ended up just barely squeezing in on the Gobi side.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

Sooooo good. Zoe is amazing. Really great show.

Great set. Be on the rail. Girls in the crowd were sexier than any other set. And the animal heads...
    Coachella is a place beyond conventional geography, a time not measured in hours or minutes, an experience, a state of mind, an attitude, and a holy form of expression. The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival is an annual festival put on by Goldenvoice in Indio, CA. Please don't confuse the two.

A buddy said this was his best surprise of the weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

It was fucking terrific. I had high hopes after watching some of their Mayans vs. Aliens show on YouTube but was surprised by how much I loved the set and how much I danced.

Mojave is the new Sahara.
    Coachella is a place beyond conventional geography, a time not measured in hours or minutes, an experience, a state of mind, an attitude, and a holy form of expression. The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival is an annual festival put on by Goldenvoice in Indio, CA. Please don't confuse the two.

Outstanding set and DEF one of the highlights of Sunday/the entire weekend. Had no idea what to expect as I really didn't know too much about them, but 2 of my 3 friends I was with said they were "a must see" and now I'd recommend the same for everyone else going this weekend. Was about 20 feet from the front just right of stage center and was having a blast for their entire set. Was really getting down and digging it for the entire set and the entire crowd around me was feeling the same thing too. Excellent crowd energy, stellar show!

Quote Originally Posted by AwClark View Post
    Outstanding set and DEF one of the highlights of Sunday/the entire weekend. Had no idea what to expect as I really didn't know too much about them, but 2 of my 3 friends I was with said they were "a must see" and now I'd recommend the same for everyone else going this weekend. Was about 20 feet from the front just right of stage center and was having a blast for their entire set. Was really getting down and digging it for the entire set and the entire crowd around me was feeling the same thing too. Excellent crowd energy, stellar show!
    yes. this set was one of my favorites of the weekend. I was dancing my ass off and went nutso bonkers for the finale. great fucking show. roustabout is their big hit and they played the shit out of it. that belly dancer was amazing.
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

One of my favorite sets of the entire weekend. The show was unique and I couldn't take my eyes off the dancers/performers. They definitely got me feeling weird and funky, so needless to say I was getting down. Loved all the energy that was oozing from the crowd. Do not miss this! There is absolutely nothing better going on. (Possibly Thundercat, but you can still catch most of their set anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedesert View Post
    Trying to decide whether to go to this.
    They were on my list, but I didn't get to them, mostly because they were in that window of Sunday afternoon where I didn't wanna do anything. (This happens to me every year, i'm all gung-ho on Fri and Sat, but Sunday it takes a lot to get me moving).

OTH, I saw them at OSL a few years ago when they played there, and thought they were fantastic.

i wandered over to the tent by chance just as they were starting...never heard of em, had no idea who was up on stage until they started groooovvvvvvinnnnn the fuck out...i asked the girl next to me who they were and a new love was born haha....dont miss this set for sure... such badass groovemasters

Infuckingcredible! You must check them out!
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Wish beats were gonna be at LIB

Okay - all stellar reviews = definitely going. Sounds like this year's Trentemoller

this year's shpongle imo

best set of the weekend by far

very very different i really liked them

My favorite set of the whole weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by lolswaglol View Post
    I don't see people on the map. somebody please help. does this mean coachella is canceled?
    Quote Originally Posted by fear_the_tree View Post
    I'm fairly convinced you can take over the world with zip ties and duct tape.
    Coachella lifer since 2007

Glad to hear the good reviews. They'll be playing here http://www.festivalinternational.com/site.php. World music for almost a whole week and it's free!