Thread: THANK GOD FOR BONNAROO!

Default THANK GOD FOR BONNAROO!

Just glanced at the Bonnaroo lineup for the first time, since I know that I cannot go to Coachella and another expensive festival in such close succession. The Police are at Bonaroo? I am so glad that the Police are not at coachella. sting is the antithesis of a good music festival. Don't get me wrong, the Police are legendary in their own right. Who doesn't like Roxanne. But thankfully I will not be part of a 50,000 person Karaoke to a comeback of a once great act turned into complete bullshit. How can we take this shit even half seriously anymore when we've spent the last 10 + years watching sting flail himself around in wack-ass music videos and act like a little bitch?

Default Re: THANK GOD FOR BONNAROO!

I love The Police. But I can totally feel ya here, on this little rant-ette of yours.

I have, however, had a lot of wine tonight.

But I'm quite elated The Police aren't playing.

While I understand some of what you are saying, donít you think it is a little premature to voice how you think they will sound and play Ö they havenít done a tour in 25 years so who knows .. Neil Young has been around longer then the police and if you ever hit a Neil show, I think you would be impressed Ö just like us older people cant dog a group just because they are young, just because you are old, doesnít mean you suck either Ö some of the old blues players were at their best in their 60ís .. so just a thought Ö I am going to bonnaroo and I will post a review on the Coachella board how it was Ö cr****

Reading this makes me wonder if Bonnaroo-goers are saying the same thing about Coachella and RATM.

Cant expect the police to sound like they are still 20 and 30 years old artist...

Quote Originally Posted by heatherxxll View Post
    Reading this makes me wonder if Bonnaroo-goers are saying the same thing about Coachella and RATM.
    ...oh come on....do you really believe that we're talking about similar scenarios here? maybe if zack spent the last five years making elevator music for old folks homes......(that's a reference to Sting's post-Police work)

Rage is blowing the roof off this festival....you're sleeping on a legendary performance if you think otherwise....

Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think you are right. It would be a cool "I was there" moment but it would be an annoying show with everyone singing along to every song.

neil rocks. sting sucks cocks

Quote Originally Posted by heatherxxll View Post
    No. They are not. There is alot more of a positive vibe on the Bonnaroo site then the Coachella site. On here, it is all "this band sucks, I hate this, etc.". On the Roo site it is more of a positive vibe of "I can't wait...so excited; this band rocks; etc.".

I am excited about seeing RATM's 'legendary' performance at Coachella, but equally excited about seeing the Police headline Bonnaroo.

Sting has made alot of cheesy music in the last 5-10 years, but this is not a Sting concert. It is a POLICE reunion. No flutes. No tantric yoga. No Arabic music. Just amazing Police songs, performed by the 3 supertalented original members. I have a feeling they will sound much closer to their amazing Synchronicity concert DVD performance then sound like 'Sting Plays the Best of the Police'. Stewart Copeland wouldn't allow it.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I felt like I'd just watched something culturally significant. Actually, Nirvana came to mind. I hope this is Arcade Fire's coming out party.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbaldwi View Post
    neil rocks. sting sucks cocks
    Disagree. They are both great musicians/ songwriters.
    I hate what Sting has done with his solo career in that last few years; but Neil Young has also had some bizarre, experimental periods in his career inwhich he has made some horrible albums.
    But I think they are both two of the greatest musicians of the post 1950's rock era. Both have some mediocre stuff, some shitty stuff, and alot of incredible and influential music.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I felt like I'd just watched something culturally significant. Actually, Nirvana came to mind. I hope this is Arcade Fire's coming out party.

I like the police, have all of their stuff on vinyl, but I really wouldn't trade any of the bands I want to see at Coachella to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by toggle View Post
    ...oh come on....do you really believe that we're talking about similar scenarios here? maybe if zack spent the last five years making elevator music for old folks homes......(that's a reference to Sting's post-Police work)

Rage is blowing the roof off this festival....you're sleeping on a legendary performance if you think otherwise....
    Nah, I still disagree. Don't get me wrong, I am quite excited for RATM. But the thought of maybe...SOMEONE out there breathing a sight of relief that they will be seeing the Police instead of RATM at Bonnaroo gives me amusement.

Different strokes for different folks, yo.

Stinky hippies. "nuff said.
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

I will not be part of a 50,000 person Karaoke to a comeback of a once great act
    Not if they do the lute music

Quote Originally Posted by joebizz View Post
    hummm , no comment .... cr**** oh except did you put on your Axe today so you can fit in with the sheep ........

Quote Originally Posted by joebizz View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Morrissey needs to be shot. He is bad for your soul.

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Sure, Sting has had some dodgy moments in his 20 year solo career, but The Police show will be tight as a drum, and I'm pissed I probably won't see it.

For all the talk of the RATM reunion, let's face it, Audioslave was not exactly a stellar moment on the resume now, was it, so everything mentioned re Sting could just as easily be applied to Tom et al...
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

How can we take this shit even half seriously anymore when we've spent the last 10 + years watching sting flail himself around in wack-ass music videos and act like a little bitch?

Oh.....

You saw that VH1 Documentary on The Police as well?

I especially liked the part where Sting tricks his old bandmates into playing for his wedding on the ASSumption that they'll be reuniting.

Quote Originally Posted by John Peel is My Co-pilot View Post
    Sure, Sting has had some dodgy moments in his 20 year solo career, but The Police show will be tight as a drum, and I'm pissed I probably won't see it.

For all the talk of the RATM reunion, let's face it, Audioslave was not exactly a stellar moment on the resume now, was it, so everything mentioned re Sting could just as easily be applied to Tom et al...
    yes you are right! audioslave is very adult contemporary. but they do suck this is true.
    DEF NOYZE

I will be going to Coachella and Bonnaroo so I will post the differences between the two considering I have never been to either. I think Bonnaroo will be cooler for camping and a general overall vibe, but both will be mind altering road trips, so I will see once it happens. One of the dj's on the radio called Coachella the biggest mass gathering of idiots on the planet. I hope he is wrong. The Police should be cool, but I would rather see Tool, and I would rather see Rage and Bjork over either of the other two.
    I go to shows and festivals.
    Photos.
    http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=174734597279
    Over 1000 youtube videos from concerts
    http://http://www.youtube.com/thefestivalninja

Stewart Copeland owns everyone's face at Bonnaroo, Coachella, Sasquatch, etc.

The Police will rock. Didn't you see the Whiskey rehearsal?