Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Justice - where did it all go wrong?

Default Re: Justice - where did it all go wrong?

You can, but why would I care to tell you?

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

I thought so.

I feel a little bad for taking advantage of you.

On to the Next One, On to the Next One

I was really disappointed they went on so late, because we left Gotye to get there in time to see some of their set before Girl Talk. Stayed until D.A.N.C.E. (my fave track) but found it didn't live up to the studio track so instead of staying til that song was over, we ran across for GT.

I had fun at their set, but I was kind of pressuring myself to since I was missing some of GT (who I LOVE) for it. Looking back, it definitely fell short, but if it's due to all the glitches you mention, I guess there wasn't much they could've done.

So Weekend 2 - tell me - did they come out on time and nail it last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Riflesmile View Post
    So Weekend 2 - tell me - did they come out on time and nail it last night?
    Yep, right on schedule, I didn't stay for the whole set but I loved every second. I've never seen them live before, but from watching videos of their past live sets, this one is much more funky this time around.

weekend 2 set was amazing. Even my friends who weren't really into electronic music couldn't stop talking about it afterwards. Solid.

i dont want to burst these peoples bubbles but I must say I thought justice sucked ass, no energy super boring set. everything sounded the same and the songs were all way too long and slow. I will say I heard people who were up close say it was amazing, set of the weekend etc. I was fairly far back but it was awful, left for girl talk after like 30 minutes

i was there for weekend one and once they get going, they orchestrated a pretty epic set, albeit short.

Bring us justice no more they were so horrrible!!!!!!!!

Boring prerecorded set. The hype around these guys is just hilarious. First 30 mins of set exact same as as weekend 1 and all of it exact same as ultra set. You know they woulda played a different set weekend 1 since they were late and woulda played the hits but since it was prerecorded they just pressed play, so awful

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    Boring prerecorded set. The hype around these guys is just hilarious. First 30 mins of set exact same as as weekend 1 and all of it exact same as ultra set. You know they woulda played a different set weekend 1 since they were late and woulda played the hits but since it was prerecorded they just pressed play, so awful
    it's a rehearsed set for their world tour of course it's going to be similar to the one at ultra. it's similar to anyband that tour they have setlist and go around doing that setlist
    Friday - Amon Tobin, Breakbot, Frank Ocean, LA Riots, Madeon, M83
    Saturday - Destructo, Dragonette, Feist, Jacques La Cont, Kasabian, Radiohead, SebastiAn
    Sunday - Dj Shadow, Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg, Flourence and the Machine, Girl Talk, Housse de Racket, Justice, Metronomy, Modeskeletor, Porter Robinson, The Hives, The Weeknd

"Music produces a pleasure that human nature cannot live without"
    Confucius

It's not a setlist though, it's an Ableton Live set that they don't deviate from. It's the same way Daft Punk did their tour, they have the music synced to the visual show and they can add effects and clips here and there but for the most part it's going to be the same set, almost to the measure, every night.

I enjoyed the half-set we saw first weekend but I'm pretty sure they're not doing much up there.

at least they plugged in their equipment

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    It's not a setlist though, it's an Ableton Live set that they don't deviate from. It's the same way Daft Punk did their tour, they have the music synced to the visual show and they can add effects and clips here and there but for the most part it's going to be the same set, almost to the measure, every night.

I enjoyed the half-set we saw first weekend but I'm pretty sure they're not doing much up there.
    They had a real heavy hand when they first unveiled their "live" performance when they headlined Sahara a few years ago. It was over the top obnoxious button pushing that resulted in a muddled cacophany of distortion. It was like they were shoving the "live" aspect down your throat but they weren't very good at doing anything "live". I think they've acknowledged their feedback from that, realized they're not going to be accepted by the folks who care about "live" sets, and embraced the new wave of EDM fans who don't give a shit.

that post makes me sad. damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

Had a blast at this set first weekend. Obviously the delay sucked, but I had time to run back to my campground because of it.
    Also, seeing Girl Talk over this.... You've gotta be kidding me.

I really enjoyed their set. I'm not a DJ so can't tell wtf they're doing up there, but I like how they have a rock n roll feel to their set...if that makes any sense.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

i was diggin it, but on a side note jesus christ what is the point of that 2 foot tall cross they have up there anyways? had me giggling... if youre gonna have a cross it better be the size of the damn stage

met some of the roadies in palm springs during the week after the show and they said that they were being arsey about the set up and requested changes to the set up 4 times before going on..

lol, what did you all expect, this is 2012 not 2008.
    dancing so fast

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    So basically you described half the DJ's playing in the Sahara tent. After hearing the practically the same set by Calvin Harris, Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta and Sebastiana, safe to say that EDM has lacked creativity.

I quite frankly enjoyed Justice's set. At least it wasn't predictable as shit!

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i didn't know i was showing up late because my phone was dead, but they started about five minutes after i arrived and i had a good time. pointless dancing is fun i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

My favorite set of the weekend. I've never seen them before so I have no reference to what it was like compared to past sets, but god damn that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by DLO604 View Post
    So basically you described half the DJ's playing in the Sahara tent. After hearing the practically the same set by Calvin Harris, Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta and Sebastiana, safe to say that EDM has lacked creativity.

I quite frankly enjoyed Justice's set. At least it wasn't predictable as shit!
    Yes, and I am putting Justice right with that group of people. Anyone who denies that they should be after watching that show is just lying to themself because they love Justice. Go listen to the Ultra recording, and ask yourself why they started their set the exact same way last weekend even being 30 minutes late instead of just playing their bigger hits. I hate to break it to you idiots but it was PRERECORDED AND BORING

Uhhhhhh not to invalidate your (I'm sure) totally valid opinion but what "hits" are you upset that they didn't play?

11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore
    11/21: DJ Harvey @ PW
    11/24: mr. Gnome @ Bottom of the Hill
    11/25: DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist @ Fox Theater Oakland
    11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/4: Avi Buffalo @ Brick and Mortar
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/11: tUnE-yArDs, Cibo Matto @ Fox Theater Oakland
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

I wanted to hear "Stress" more than anything.

they think they are daft punk and are far from it. i kinda dont give a fuck about justice after that set. nothing special at all. plus some fucking IV bros thought it was cool to kneel down and pee in the already congested part of the crowd we were standing just cause they didnt wanna lose their spots. fucking scum. talking to the shitheads, they passionately emulated every fucking stereotype youve heard about bros ever.

Banned

sebastiAn straight shat all over justice